[Theme] OS Map (v20200427 for v3 maps only)

Started by karlchick, April 19, 2020, 01:38:58

karlchick

Quote from: menion on April 19, 2020, 19:08:14
By my older stats, it was about 60-70% users use LoMaps (V3), rest use combination of OpenAndroMaps (mainly) + some others.

Appreciate your work, looks pretty nice! If you would be interested to put it into Locus Store for direct download over the app, just let me know, @voldapet will help with it.

Thanks Menion for the positive feedback. I have been delaying posting the theme for a while because there is always something additional to add. In fact on my list of things I really want to fix are:
   - Toll roads not as per OS yet.
   - Airport runways at 1:50k not same as OS.

I am more than happy to include the theme in the Locus Store. I thought it makes sense to see what the "early testers" find and fix first... Is there much involved in making it ready for direct download?
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

john_percy

@karlchick
By all means look at my latest Voluntary Mapsforge version (for v4 maps) and compare with the latest Voluntary Locus version (for v3 maps and LoMaps) to give some help on the changes needed for v4.
By the way, I've not managed to download your zip satisfactorily using Tapatalk.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: john_percy on April 20, 2020, 11:52:33
By the way, I've not managed to download your zip satisfactorily using Tapatalk.

I have always troubles with TT downloads. It either truncates the file, either downloads some thumbnail image of the attachments.

All 3 files ( theme + 2 PDFs ) had the same size I guess like 14 kB, instead of cca 500 kB.

I always go rather to web to download anything there.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

john_percy

@poutnikl
Thanks for the tip
@karlchick
Congratulations! You've done a very good job of emulating OS maps.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

karlchick

I've started porting the theme into a version for v4 maps. It is going well so far, I am transferring section by section.  However, the OS Map theme makes extensive use of many v3 locus extended rendering options that are not supported in v4, so i do not think the v4 version will be as good as the v3 version.  Missing the ability for dash arrays to scale up as you zoom in. This will affect a lot of the theme elements that make it similar to OS maps.
DiscussDownload

john_percy

Dash arrays can scale in v4 (possibly it's a v5 feature, available in Locus). Check my Voluntary Mapsforge theme as an example.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

FriedelXT

Wow!
Very nice map themes. This will be my favorite for motorbiking.
Many Thanks!

I have 2 questions.
I see purple street markers (only) in netherland. What is this? It is disturbing while driving, i think. maybe you can make it for hide
Second.....I see a lot of "fm" on houses in landscape. What is this?

Greetings
Friedhelm
  •  

john_percy

Fm = Farm

•  

karlchick

The "purple markers" are to highlight or emphasise protected areas that might have restricted access. In the UK they seem to match quite closely the OS map land access areas.

You can deselect them in the overlay options of the theme by unticking "emphasise land access".
DiscussDownload
  •  

FriedelXT

Ahh,
thanks for answer.
But I think it would better to use an extra option for hiding, because I want see land access (without restricted area)
And....I have realize that you forget to show borders :-)
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: FriedelXT on April 27, 2020, 09:56:29
But I think it would better to use an extra option for hiding, because I want see land access (without restricted area)
And....I have realize that you forget to show borders :-)

Land access is shown separately from restricted areas, see attached which shows the two areas overlapping.

I will look into borders. I have mainly focused on UK usage and put in support for borders on admin_levels of 4=country, 6=county, 8=districts and 10=parish. However, it seems the UK maps only support country borders.... Perhaps if I got this wrong someone can hint what the correct mappings of admin_levels should be... perhaps some of the unused levels are used in other maps...?
DiscussDownload
  •  

FriedelXT

ok, then I misunderstood the description
I am very happy with this theme
I can see all important streets and others also in higher zoom level. And with zoom out you hide the right things.
Good work!
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: karlchick on April 27, 2020, 10:50:02I will look into borders. I have mainly focused on UK usage and put in support for borders on admin_levels of 4=country, 6=county, 8=districts and 10=parish. However, it seems the UK maps only support country borders....

I updated the theme to include admin levels 2 and 3 together with existing used level 4 to the country borders, this seems to work. I hope this is the correct interpretation of admin levels...
DiscussDownload
  •  

FriedelXT

Quote from: karlchick on April 29, 2020, 22:36:39
Quote from: karlchick on April 27, 2020, 10:50:02I will look into borders. I have mainly focused on UK usage and put in support for borders on admin_levels of 4=country, 6=county, 8=districts and 10=parish. However, it seems the UK maps only support country borders....

I updated the theme to include admin levels 2 and 3 together with existing used level 4 to the country borders, this seems to work. I hope this is the correct interpretation of admin levels...

I see the borders. thanks.
But not such present. maybe you can use other patterns like this:
  •  

FriedelXT

Quote from: karlchick on April 29, 2020, 22:36:39

can you tell me how I can learn modify map themes?
I like to change some colors of roads
  •