Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Andrew Heard

Quote from: T-mo on April 16, 2020, 23:14:13
- route planner > navigation. Starts navigation. If I stop/end navigation and do route-planning again, the last track is understood as 'saved' and therefore cleared ('retain unsaved plan' activated). Nasty if you get into the situation to need to re-setup and further optimise the last track in route planner.. (still did testing with simple test-routes)
@T-mo - just save the route (from route planner menu) before you exit the route planner rather than rely on auto save/ restore. You can edit & further optimise this, or any other, saved route anytime.

@menion - 3.34.0.1 LM4 nice route planner changes. Generate Round Trip function is still ignored though. GPS is disabled.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: balloni55 on April 16, 2020, 11:25:06
you have to choose between LM beta and LM4, both at the same time are not possible
I have turned off the automatic updates of the beta for this reason
So, having updated to the latest Pro and beta, I uninstalled the beta, installed the alpha again and reloaded the backup settings.
But LoPoints no longer works - the screen tells me to install a LoMap. I deleted the England LoMap, and reloaded it from the store, but the error did not go away. However, the poi pop ups are still there if "show on map" is ticked. Alpha and Pro are both affected. Any ideas?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: john_percy on April 17, 2020, 12:58:05But LoPoints no longer works - the screen tells me to install a LoMap. I deleted the England LoMap, and reloaded it from the store, but the error did not go away. However, the poi pop ups are still there if "show on map" is ticked. Alpha and Pro are both affected. Any ideas?
Do you use OAM projects poi databases (additionally)? I don't remember exactly, but I saw something like this when I put a poidb file into a subfolder, for organisational purposes. Locus did see it, but not use it. But said, it's there. Something like this :)
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Round trip
is always created from GPS position, or if GPS is off, from last known position.
How can i use mapcenter of shifted map for round trip calculation?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: tapio on April 17, 2020, 13:10:49
Do you use OAM projects poi databases (additionally)? I don't remember exactly, but I saw something like this when I put a poidb file into a subfolder, for organisational purposes. Locus did see it, but not use it. But said, it's there. Something like this :)
I have tried that but even with only the LoMaps database present I get the same error.
The thing is, it was working fine a few days ago but now it's not

Edit: I have now cleared the vector maps folder which flushed out an error message and rebuilt the map folder from scratch and it's now ok.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Saturo

Quote from: balloni55 on April 17, 2020, 13:11:17
Round trip
is always created from GPS position, or if GPS is off, from last known position.
How can i use mapcenter of shifted map for round trip calculation?
In my Opinion it is created from the first set waypoint.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

poutnikl

I withdraw what I have withdrawn ( :-) ) about the scale ruler in the route planner: 

The ruler is there ( even if it should rather share its  location with the main map screen).

But when a route is being created, it disappears, as it is overwritten by the route stats bar. If the route is cleared, it is back again.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

New version 3.45.0.2 , so give it a try.

Main change: completely new side "Map content panel", very useful I believe ;).

@T-mo
"gps-center & rotation" ... well, it's quite an un-usuall requirement, so, for now, sorry, complete disabling of rotation is not planned.

"caching of vector maps" ... I'll try to look at it later. Good point and maybe there should be a place for some "caching mechanism".

route planner
- disabling of popups for navigation hints is currently not possible.
I also from time to time consider them as obtrusive, mainly when tapping on the map and they appear in the selection.
So what about an option (on/off) in the Route planner, that allows to completely disable editing of navigation points (points with navigation commands)?
- reload of active navigation > this is something I think about as well > some option to quickly re-edit active navigation or at least last used ...

@Andrew Heard
"Generate route" mystery continue, funny ... it's just an another button in the list :).

@john_percy
you may check in case of problems, if certain vector map has attached POI database directly in detail of any vector map (in the map manager).

@balloni55
Generate trip > if there is no point in planner, last known location is used. If there is one point, it's used otherwise app warn.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
in these quarantine days in which in Italy it is allowed to go out only at a distance of 500 meters from home, I used locus to determine how far I could go. I used the geocaching tool circle. It works perfectly, but eliminating it is not intuitive at all.
From KNOWLEDGE BASE:
"How to remove items drawn by the geocaching tools:

tap the  Hide temp map items button in Map items screen topbar or
long-tap the Data manager button in the Function panel and select Hide temp map items or
add Hide temp map items button directly to your Function panel"

In my opinion, the easiest way would be to have a deactivation button in the same mask where I activated the function.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

This is a general problem of the app for many years, not just planned LM4 ... I know ... terrible :).
Hmm, maybe these temporary items should have its place in new "Map content panel" (just thinking loud) ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on April 21, 2020, 13:01:06
This is a general problem of the app for many years, not just planned LM4 ... I know ... terrible :).
Hmm, maybe these temporary items should have its place in new "Map content panel" (just thinking loud) ...
a very old wish ::)
make lines, circles a.s.o. created by the "geocaching tool" permanent, so user can display it or not similar POI´s and tracks 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Leeds Tyke

Žajdlík Josef

Small bug with new map list.  See scr.  I click on an item, return with the up arrow, and the items in the list are repeated below.  Problem with A5 in tablet and A8 in mobile.
  •  

freischneider

Sidebar in preset is good. I miss Map Theme in the new Map Content Panel. In addition to changing cards, one of the most important functions there.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: freischneider on April 21, 2020, 19:05:35
I miss Map Theme in the new Map Content Panel. In addition to changing cards, one of the most important functions there.
very difficult to achieve at the moment
neither search term "theme" nor "thema" will return any results.
With a long click you can add it e.g. to the "Quick action menu"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I just found it. On one side I can choose the map and on the other side the theme. Very brilliantly solved.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)