Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Tapio

Quote from: menion on April 14, 2020, 12:22:12It is clearly visible to me how (almost) everyone here thinks... it's expected :) ... "I need this, dot".
Nah, I think most of us are aware about many more aspects like UI clutter, change of functionality vs. user behaviour, multiple wishes resulting in additional options, resulting in software complexity... But it is not useful to always write walls of text.

So my approach now and here is: I WANT THIS, PERIOD 😁
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

poutnikl

Are not all polls about what anybody wants ? But it may be what he wants for himself or what he wants for all to have overall more pros than cons.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

john_percy

I don't usually think "this is what I want" in response to the many and varied suggestions, but in this case I make an exception.
Some way to quick switch to manual drawing and back, please. This is what I want.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Polls ... usually are, but we here are creating something with aware, it uses more people that just a few of us here ;).

Anyway, vote vote ... and most probably, I'll have to solve this by some additional settings for this "+" button long-click, to offer new functionality while keeping current system ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

What is the function of a long click on + at the moment? If we all know, we can help find a solution.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

poutnikl

Long +  click is currently bringing set of alternative ways of the point selection, similar to one in the navigation dialogue.

But it is the same as in LM3 Pro.

Tapio

Quote from: poutnikl on April 14, 2020, 16:53:35
Long +  click is currently bringing set of alternative ways of the point selection, similar to one in the navigation dialogue.

But it is the same as in LM3 Pro.

Yup, and does anybody ever need it there? But I also see, from UI perspective it makes sense.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

Or otherwise.
Is there anybody not using it ? :-)

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

I didn't know it was there till yesterday

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on April 14, 2020, 21:13:41
Or otherwise.
Is there anybody not using it ? :-)
until this discussion I wasn't aware long-tap on + did anything, probably many Locus hidden gems in same category, but now I know the extra function I think its useful & consistent
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 15, 2020, 05:18:29until this discussion I wasn't aware long-tap on + did anything, probably many Locus hidden gems in same category, but now I know the extra function I think its useful & consistent

Hi Andrew,

I have been trained by various  applications  and electronic devices to try long presses on control elements ...  "what if it does something ?" . Especially if I am not able to invoke a feature that is there.

I have discovered the long press "+" does what it does, without prior knowledge it should be somehow possible.

Similarly, long press "-" clears the planner (after confirmation).

poutnikl

Scale ruler: I withdraw my prior comment about missing scale ruler in the planner. I was tricked by the fact that while the main map window has it at the top, the planner has it at the bottom.  In fact I had known it was there, but I had forgotten about it, while I was looking at the top, seeing a missing ruler. :-)

lor74cas

Hello,
I do not understand why this option is the top voted "Long click on "Route type": toggle between "manual" and "selected" routing".
"Toggle" function is a shortcut to change the profile to manual and back, it does not to draw directly a manual point.
With the direct manual point (on the + or on the profile icon, does't matter) if you need to concatenate more points you have two options:
1) with few points, use the long touch for each point
2) with a lot of points just toggle to the manual mode as always

With one point, no contest, just one long touch

I think I do not understand because someone else has different needs than me, but I'm curious.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Menion

Few points @lor74cas
- long-click on "Route type" to add new point > logically this does not make sense as adding content is not connected to the type of added route segments
- long-click on "+" button > make sense, but unfortunately, we already have here another existing functionality

So, your requirements are loud and clear > simply and mainly quickly add a single manual segment. Unfortunately, the solution is not so simple.
And agree, the toggle option is perfectly equal to your needs, but it still saves some time.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •