Locus Map for Garmin

Started by Jan Čapek, April 17, 2019, 10:14:43

Jan Čapek

Of course, the app uses sort-of continuous BT connection , so it might stress BT module little bit more. But it really just uses connection and do not control it. So I am afraid, I really can't do anything regarding its stability. But please let me know if it will be happening repeatedly.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Jan Čapek - WearSoft on December 08, 2019, 17:27:01
Of course, the app uses sort-of continuous BT connection , so it might stress BT module little bit more. But it really just uses connection and do not control it. So I am afraid, I really can't do anything regarding its stability. But please let me know if it will be happening repeatedly.
Ok but I do not use app I not confident in while I training. I test it when I have the next walk with my family.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

sbouju

Discovering my finally choosen fenix 6X   :)

And I have a first question, when viewing LoMaps on it : is there a way for zooming in/out the map view ?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Yep, just hold MENU (or UP) button. :)
  •  

sbouju

Ah, OK, the long press... ;) Fine  :)
  •  

sbouju

My second question, or problem, is that most of th time I cannot launch Locus Map on my fenix 6X, only getting the under message:
  •  

sbouju

And the thing which seems to have worked for this problem:  uninstall then re-install the LocusMap Garmin app... Until the next time ?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, this is issue which I am aware that it might be happening for some users but wasn't able to simulate or find more details about it yet. Seems like just another Garmin connectivity issue which I am unable to handle in the app  >:(. Please let me know if reinstall really solved this issue for you or it returned occasionally. Thanks!
  •  

lor74cas

Today I tested again the plugin:
recording and guide activated on the phone
the watch as a simple viewer
I found on the watch the Navigation watchface, why is it activated ? I have the guidance on the phone and not the navigation, I was following a track I did with locus planner.
Today it worked perfectly.
I'm still waiting for the custom watchfaces, than it'd be perfect for my use case, long distance running/trailrunning.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, Navigation screen is active when you run guidance via track, because some tracks have nav instructions usable even on this mode.
  •  

sbouju

Hi,
Playing with the app on the fenix 6X, I feel the LocusMap map refreshing very slow and painful, and I was asking myself if it was for a bad setting or something like that, especially because this same map refreshing is very fast and smooth, when I compare with the Android Wear version of Locus Map on my Sony Smartwatch 3 in the same conditions.

Amazingly, the two watches can have their respective LocusMap app working in the same time ;)
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, that is the limitation of Garmin Connect IQ platform. The map will never be as fast as on Android Wear.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Quote from: Jan Čapek - WearSoft on October 29, 2019, 09:27:27
Datafields are not yet customisable but it is of course one of the feature which we want to bring in some future versions.
Is there a plan for making the Garmin watch able to launch/pause/stop the track recording in the smartphone Locus Map app, in replacement (or complement) of the track recording in the watch itself (already available)...?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: sbouju on January 17, 2020, 21:27:46
Quote from: Jan Čapek - WearSoft on October 29, 2019, 09:27:27
Datafields are not yet customisable but it is of course one of the feature which we want to bring in some future versions.
Is there a plan for making the Garmin watch able to launch/pause/stop the track recording in the smartphone Locus Map app, in replacement (or complement) of the track recording in the watch itself (already available)...?
I do not like the start and stop feature on the watch because there is always the case that an unwanted button press stops the recording track. But the lap/point mark should be usefull.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Jan Čapek

Quote from: sbouju on January 17, 2020, 21:27:46Is there a plan for making the Garmin watch able to launch/pause/stop the track recording in the smartphone Locus Map app, in replacement (or complement) of the track recording in the watch itself (already available)...?
Yes! This is actually quite high on our priority list!

Quote from: lor74cas on January 18, 2020, 13:17:53I do not like the start and stop feature on the watch because there is always the case that an unwanted button press stops the recording track. But the lap/point mark should be usefull.
Hi, doesn't your model support buttons lock feature? Start/stop feature is implemented to behave similar as native activity apps.
Create waypoint feature is also in consideration.
  •