Can I search OpenAndroMaps addresses?

Started by casagi, November 18, 2019, 23:39:37

casagi

1) Can I search the addresses embedded in OpenAndroMaps?

2) Can I search the POIs embedded in OpenAndroMaps? (Hospitals, toilets, shopping, etc)
  •  

Menion

Hello,
1) no
2) no

None of these features is available or planned (for now).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: casagi

Saturo

If this would be implemented nobody would buy LoMap anymore.
  •  

Menion

•  

poutnikl

Perhaps, LoMaps would be sold more, if  updated more frequently ( at least as OAM are ), and the subscription was available also for a time period, instead for a particular map release.

As the current business model kind of punishes OSM contributors, that make frequent OSM updates and quite need frequent map updates.

However I like LocusMap, I like OSMand  live map updates feature, together with OSM contributed bonus program ( even if I do not participate currently in either )

But what I know about business or marketing ?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Menion

Few facts

- LoMaps are not made primarily for an income. Their cost is computed based on hosting and distribution prices + small provision.
- because of this, we do not push users to download/purchase them. They serve as an easy way to get usable maps
- their pricing system is wrong, we know it and it will be changed in Locus Map 4 (not yet 100% decided how)
- offline search works well, but it is based on steps from city > street, not always usable. Current LoPoints are terrible (planned rework during Q2/2020). So I really do not think, that address & points have major effect that LoMaps are used.
- the problem I see is mainly that we did not yet open-sources our tools for creating points and addresses. Which I want to do, just time and priorities complicate it.
Howgh ...

ThomasD.

As LoMaps are the only way to get get offline adress search, they do have major effect for buying them. Users do have no other choice - as uncomfortable the way they offer may be.
Regards,
Tom
  •  

freischneider

There is very little money for the LoMaps. You could also sell the offline addresses separately, without LoMap. I think it's ok as it is. It can not be anything for nothing. The basic equipment is free of charge (map OAM) And who wants special equipment (offline addresses), which must pay something for it.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Holger

It is still not okay to block the OAM addresses. One could unlock their function by a one-off payment.
  •  

Menion

Why "block"?? Such feature have to be implemented and somehow logically integrated into the application.

It is definitely a task for a few days. So it is not about blocking ...
  •  

Tapio

I use OAM maps and buy Lomaps (Germany north and south) only for the database file. I delete the map file.
My guess is, the database 100% reflects the OAM pois. At least I can see that the database usually increases in size with every release.

Well, time and resources. I think in general, Locus needs much more love for POI. That UI, where we have to scroll like idiots in order to add +100 POI is... weird.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •