https://youtu.be/3VQMVraKQt0
Trach has ~4800 trackpoints.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

V3.40.2.1
set GC coords solved :) thanks
one additional whish: is it possible to open the "numeric keyboard" in place of the "letter keyboard" if user click  line of coords?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Awesome, new beta with navigation track color change. I like it.

Beta tts speaks czech again...

Menion

@tapio
- is the problem with stuck Locus Map happen also with new Beta?
- color change, hmm ;)
- Czech TTS ... Locus Map and system set to DE? Damn, why Czech? :)

@balloni55
- small problem here. Android open keyboard automatically based on defined supported so-called "input type" for an edit field. And in this case, I would have to set the input type to "number" values only. Which will prevent to insert characters like "space" or "°" ... may this be a problem? It's a question ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

erfi

New beta V3.40.2.1: Great, the street names are now displayed more and better.  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Tapio

Yes, Locus and Android both DE. No change at Locus stuck on modify track. If you wish I can send GPX.

Edit: I found, the higher the zoom level, the more there is a delay before the modify tool starts. Locus fully bricked is starting at ZL20. I. e., a track with many wp on zl 20,then "modify track", may cause the problem.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on October 15, 2019, 21:24:24
@balloni55
Which will prevent to insert characters like "space" or "°" ... may this be a problem? It's a question ...
not for me..... and available "space" depend on used keyboard
BTW: click on "grid-button" or "circle-dot button" open numeric keyboard  ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

With the new UI design, the "Nearest Points" sidebar looks a little odd and wastes space: There's a lot of white around the rather small icon, thus cutting off the text more than needed. Also, when a point is selected, you can see that the text cuts off without any pixel margin to the blue background of the "selection eye". Doesn't look nice.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to repeat that selecting/deselecting points from the sidebar is still far too cumbersome. There should at least be a Select All/Deselect All, even better would be "Select within x km radius". I find myself clicking on dozens of points all the time to see what's of interest in the currently centered area.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
hmm oki. Let's change it a little. What about allowing only decimal numbers in these two visible fields for lat and lon? This prevent some incorrect copy&paste and also allows to quickly edit & display numeric keys. For the need to insert precise numbers in a different format (like X° YY'), there is still the "Edit coordinates" screen available.

@slarti76
I've checked the current recommendation and compare this side panel with other Google-based apps. Result: I've increased the width of this side panel, so it will definitely cover space that was "lost". And btw. it is not a new "UI design", but more a unification of the design across app.

About the content of "Nearest points" itself ... well, it is a tragedy, I know ...
  •  

lor74cas

Today I was playing with the locus and ant + sensors to set up Locus for Garmin.
My intent was to clean up the list of unused ant + sensors leaving only the heart rate monitor, but I made a mistake:
I activated the cadence and then removed it.
I didn't notice that when I deleted it it was active, so I also kept the only heart rate monitor sensor in the menu, but Locus was also looking for the cadence I didn't have.
I had to reactivate the cadence sensor visibility, disable it and then remove it from the menu.
I think when removing a sensor from the menu, Locus should disable it by default.

Another little bug, I deleted all useless ant sensors from ant menu, but when I choose the one I need in rec panel, automatic hardware start, they are still all proposed.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

New beta, Navigation along existing track: I pick a preset, start navigating, but Locus does not apply the chosen preset. Everything stays as it is.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.40.2.2
"different language as system" problem is back again

add WP to geocache, in first window the coord format is "dezimal degree" :-[
in next window format is as expected "degree and dezimal minutes"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

In today's new beta, moving a geocache into position under the crosshair no longer causes a little summary window to pop up.

Intentional?

I kind of miss that, but could get used to it.  (EDIT: I do have "Labels on map" set to "On hover", so I guess it's a bug.)
  •  

bezel

no Track recording - again!

Today I had to recognize, that track recording (Locus Map Pro 3.40.2 / OAM v4 maps / Android 6.0.1) is again not working:

- I do not know why, but suddenly reccording stops (see screenshot 1) + individual map-cursor is gone
- switching the display off and after a while on again, the track can be seen - but directly (linear distance), not the way gone along the way! (see screenshot 2) AND, the position cursor is still not to see... (stopping and deleting the track recording - individual position cursor appears again)

note:
GPS is always on - and no "Energy mode" or something like that!

It is really disappointing that this happens again (problem appeared some months ago already and was fixed by you after a while).
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
understand. Complicated to solve because of the system I wrote almost 5 years ago. It is planned to rewrite and this is something that will definitely have to be changed, agree!

@tapio
quite interesting, can't simulate. May you share with me your preset definition? It is stored in Locus/data/presets. Thanks.

@balloni55
well, it is a result of: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6752.msg57528#msg57528 , where I wrote Which will prevent to insert characters like "space" or "°" . This means, only coordinates in decimal format may be inserted. For insert in different format exists button top button on the right side.

@Viajero Perdido
ah, good point! (side-effect of new clickable track waypoints during navigation). Thanks, fixed

@bezel
I have no idea, how may i help here, sorry. Don't you have some too strict parameter for "min accuracy" in recording profile? Also, does this happen even when screen is on and you clearly see that your GPS position jumps every second?
  •