Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )

Started by Menion, July 25, 2019, 15:34:13

Menion

Oki, fixed for "Edit coordinates" dialog. I see that on other places, the app still use "." as a separator for coordinates, so it will be at least united ... again. Thanks for the feedback guys.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: menion on July 29, 2019, 09:45:45@tapiomap does not render?? We are talking again about OAM maps right? Oki, as I wrote to Viajero, I'll start to use them to see if there is something to improve, thanks.
Yes, happened, but rarely. I think it happens especially after manually switching between OAM maps, going to map center.Zooming out, going somewhere else, zooming back in...I don't know.
Well now I am on the migration from a Sony Z1 to a Huawei Mate 20 X, will see how things go.
Now all formerly big smartphones are tiny for me.

It is not able to use the notch area, right? An my phone it is pretty small, just the camera. EDIT: Android has an option to enforce use of notch area per-app.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

On my phone there is plenty of room for Locus left menu. There could be another row of commands, i. e. 8 instead of 6. Menion pls :-)
  •  

Tapio

Hey Menion, in my recording panel there's room for 18 items, can you allow for more than 14 items?
  •  

Mips

Hello Menion
In V.3.39 did you change the 30sec waiting time for 2 consecutive recalculations of the route during navigation?

Greetings Mips
  •  

Christian

I created a track within Locus (and Brouter as Routing Engine) and saved the track after I added a description on 30.07.2019. When I want to edit the description, the description does not appear. The fileld is empty. Even on Export file :(
This happens the first time. So I guess it's a matter of one of the last versions.
Can anyone confirm this?

•  

Menion

@tapio
hmm using OAM for some days and did not yet notice any problems, but thanks, I'll be watching it.

Main menu: menu, as well as the whole layout of the main screen, is in process of a redesign for new Locus Map version. I'll keep in mind huge screens. Anyway recording panel will remain as is, so I've added two more possible number of items here.

@Mips
no, no change.

@Christian
And when you now insert description, after save it is still empty? Are there exact steps I may follow to simulate it?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Christian

Quote from: menion on August 04, 2019, 15:23:37
@Christian
And when you now insert description, after save it is still empty? Are there exact steps I may follow to simulate it?
The new description is displayed above the old one *funny
Exact steps? Create track, load it 5 times or so into route planner, add description, save it and then try to edit the description. Nothing unusual.
Extra question: as already mentioned some yeas ago - I can't mark and copy text of the description when not in edit mode. Why?
  •  

freischneider

2 times when starting an error message and 2 times when editing track crashed. Unfortunately, I have no further information. Next time I'll take a picture and a bug report.

Samsung S8   Android 9
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

slarti76

I know this is not a usable bug report, because I don't have a recipe to reproduce. It's more I'd like to ask the community if they are experiencing something similar:
They more I play with changing maps, zooming in/out, turning map shading on/off, adding/removing overlays, the more often it happens that Locus displays tiles from other maps. As I said, not reproducible with easy steps, but I think it happens more often in recent releases (perhaps related to the big speed-up, but might have been before).
Of course I cleared map cache, but it still happens.
Anyone else?
  •  

Tapio

Not here. But the more I do such things, the more likely it is that it does not render v4 maps at all... then I have do delete cache and restart.
  •  

Menion

@Christian
sorry, but I'm unable to simulate any problem. Only what I noticed is that selecting "Save as copy" in route planner, the description is not saved, but all other cases work for me without a problem. Anything that may help to simulate it? You wrote about weird text above description? Screenshot?

Selectable description: done

@freischneider
well, as you wrote: screenshot with error and bug report with the crash are needed (or even better, steps to reproduce on my own device).

@slarti76
I have one similar report on help desk as well and it has to be connected to auto-loading system, but because I never noticed this problem, I have no idea how to simulate it and fix it :/.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
this morning i want to install Andrews new Voluntary theme, so i do a long click on theme icon > delete
result all custom themes are deleted ::)
After new installation of themes i tried it again and now only selected theme was deleted :-\
any idea?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

It seems as if the paramater:
- map_hold_center_method_timeout

isn't any more in config.cfg.

I inserted it manually ... and now Locus works as before (and expected).
  •  

Henk van der Spek

That one is under "Expert settings" now, so no need to set it in the cfg file.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •