Main Menu

RMAP

Started by pbrown, April 28, 2012, 08:32:26

Seppel

7 years later I experience the same problem - and while looking for a solution I find a thread I don't even remember I've contributed to :D

Is there still a chance to improve the RMAP handling?
Once more I found a (r)map (not locked!) that doesn't work in Locus.
After restarting the app I get a list of problems encounter during the last run - but for that particular map I only get "Unknown Error" (or in german "Unbekanntes Problem"

Are there any further error logs I could provide to solve this problem?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
7 years and nothing extra has changed :). If you want, we may try it. Anyway, I'll need some small map I may use for the test.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tannenzäpfle

not locked rmaps from compeGPS or created with MOBAC are working fine with me, no problem.
Hartmut
  •  

Menion

Hello tannenzäpfle, glad to read it works as expected :)

@Seppel
thanks for two maps. First map "HT_Test.RMAP" hopefully fixed (in next version it should work), it was not too hard. Second map "Test.rmap" use completely unknown internal structure and because RMAP format is not publicly documented, I have no idea how to correctly read this map, sorry.
  •  

Seppel

Many thanks for your efforts.

Too bad that the larger one won't be possible to read, since that's the format CompeGPS LAND (the PC/Mac software from Compe) creates. Would it be possible to extend the error message to something like "unsupported RMAP format"? That way the user gets a bit more information than just "unknown error".

The smaller one was also created by using CompeGPS LAND - but the the original map probably was created with Mobac.It seems depending on the source material used, LAND creates different formats of output  :P

PS: both maps shouldn't be considered locked since LAND tells you that is not allowed to create a snippet from a locked map ...
  •  

Menion

I've improved message, no worry.

And yes, they are no locked. I can read it's content, but in this case, I have unfortunately no idea what it means.
  •