Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2019, 08:19:14
@lor74cas
what exactly is wrong with shadows? HGT files used for rendering of shadows may not be the same as used for creating map and it's elevation lines.
As you can see in the attached image in the previous post the shadow goes down in the sea this happens with v3 e v4 maps.
HGT and map files may not be the same, but when you reach the sea you are at 0 mt no more shadow needed.  ;D
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Sonny

@lor74cas
Please tell us 1) the coordinates of your screenshot, 2) what map are you using, 3) where did you get the .HGT files used for creating the shadow.
Then we could be able to tell the reason of the shadowing inside the sea.

slarti76

New Beta 3.1:
"Magnify all maps" totally broken for raster maps: sometimes screen is just white (downloaded Google Maps), sometimes it works, sometimes no change at all (still in highest available zoom level). Magnification level still makes no difference. For vector maps, it basically works, but also with always the same magnification.
Sorry, unusable. Restarted several times, cleared cache, just to be sure, but that's not it :(
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2019, 08:19:14
interesting observation. As @tommi correctly mentioned, if screen is off, there is no visible map = no matter what I changed, it should have no effect here. If only running is track recording (is it?) then it is surprising, because I did not touched anything regards track recording service for a long time. Please keep tracking and confirm this, thanks.
only running is track recording (is it?) - correct. I've been very careful over the years to have reproducible results, and there has definitely been an increase in power consumption in ~last 6 weeks, but maybe the culprit lies elsewhere. Weird.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 04, 2019, 01:42:59
But since 3.37.2 I have noticed power increase to 3.0 to 4.5% per hour.

I noticed a similar behavior. Yesterday I mad a  7 hour tour (only track recording with display off) and battery went down to ~30%. Normally it should be at ~60%. I had this on two devices during my trip, one on LP 5.1.1 and the other Pie 9.0.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201

michaelbechtold

BetterBatteryStats or a similar tool should tell what is happening behind the scenes.
Comparing old and new Locus version on the same device, screen off is key, and maybe a "virgin" restarted device should make results comparable. And show a smoking gun ...

erfi

@menion: Excuse me, it was my mistake. The automatic map change (OAM v4) works in Beta 3.38.3.1.  :)
  •  

jonny.blue

When I use 'nearest caches' in newest version of geocachin4locus the coordinates are not set to the cursor position.
In the old version I could point in the map to the location I want geocaches to download ... and coordinates where sent from Locus to geo4loc to that point.
This was an easy and quick way to fill a far map area without a pocket query.
Is this a problem of Locus or geo4loc (or maybe a user problem 😚)
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: jonny.blue on June 04, 2019, 19:53:54
When I use 'nearest caches' in newest version of geocachin4locus the coordinates are not set to the cursor position.
In the old version I could point in the map to the location I want geocaches to download ... and coordinates where sent from Locus to geo4loc to that point.
switch gps off an you´ll get what you want
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
can't say that I agree with "when you reach the sea you are at 0 mt no more shadow needed", but let's say here should not be a shadow. Anyway as sonny wrote, give us some data. Based on your scale and precision of HGT files supplied over Locus Map (around 50 m if I remember correctly), it will be most probably result of interpolation.

@slarti76
Petr was able to simulate something, thanks for pointing on this problem.

@Andrew Heard, @tramp20
oki, thanks for the info. Really hard to solve somehow, without more precise knowledge where may be a problem. Hmm will have to do some tests ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jonny.blue

switch gps off an you´ll get what you want
Thx, good workaround. 😉

... but in the version before there was no need to do this, ???
  •  

Tom

Hi Menion,

I played a bit with the new beta 3.1 and stumbled over an issue with the hill shading. When I zoom out (ZL < 9) and move to a region, where I don't have some HGT files yet, the whole app freezes for a long time (about 10 to 30 s). Then the small indicator for the missing HGT information appears. If I pan the map further in that state, the app freezes again. It looks like a high CPU usage, because when the frozen state comes to its end some super slow animations are visible (blending effects). Once I have confirmed the download of the missing HGT files the app becomes responsible again until I hit the next region with missing HGT files. I don't see the issue at all, if I turn off the hill shading.

I'm using V4 ML OpenAndroMaps together with an overview map on a Samsung A3 2017 with 128GB SanDisk SD card for vector maps and HGT files.

Best regards,
Thomas
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2019, 22:30:32
@lor74cas
can't say that I agree with "when you reach the sea you are at 0 mt no more shadow needed", but let's say here should not be a shadow. Anyway as sonny wrote, give us some data. Based on your scale and precision of HGT files supplied over Locus Map (around 50 m if I remember correctly), it will be most probably result of interpolation.

@slarti76
Petr was able to simulate something, thanks for pointing on this problem.

@Andrew Heard, @tramp20
oki, thanks for the info. Really hard to solve somehow, without more precise knowledge where may be a problem. Hmm will have to do some tests ...
Hgt from download proposed by locus.
Not a big issue, and more noticeable at some zoom levels and less in other so as you wrote it's probably due to interpolation.
Shadows for my case of use are a beautiful optional, what really matters are elevation lines and all the tools you implemented in this years to measure distance and positive gain

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Sonny

@lor74cas: The hgt-files provided by Locus are the 3 arcsecond which have "just" a Resolution of about 75 meters. Here http://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-italy you could download the ones of Italy and other countries with 1 arcsecond which equals about 25 m resolution. This should generate finer shadows at sealevel lines and also even more precise altitude information in rocky terrain.

But if you won't provide further information (map, coordinates) as told you twice now, nobody will be able to reproduce a possible bug or could give you further advices.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

lor74cas

Quote from: sonny on June 05, 2019, 09:15:08
@lor74cas: The hgt-files provided by Locus are the 3 arcsecond which have "just" a Resolution of about 75 meters. Here http://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-italy you could download the ones of Italy and other countries with 1 arcsecond which equals about 25 m resolution. This should generate finer shadows at sealevel lines and also even more precise altitude information in rocky terrain.

But if you won't provide further information (map, coordinates) as told you twice now, nobody will be able to reproduce a possible bug or could give you further advices.
N 44°46.959' , E 014°47.380

I know and use 1 arc hgt for Italy, in this case for foreign map I use default hgt provided by locus, thank you.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •