Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

freischneider

with 3.38.0 Openandromap V4 and Elevate and Elements everything is going great
S8 with Android 9
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Wolli

Hello

With today's update 3.38.1, Locus Pro will no longer work on my Galaxy S8 plus (Android 9): '(
It starts, but then after the start the Starting screen the APP closed immediately.
Yesterday, Locus Map still works
Does anyone have the same phenomenon?
Is it possible to restore the previous update?

Greetings Wolli
  •  

Wolli

Hi
after update to version  3.38.2  Locus Map  works again

•  

tannenzäpfle

on my SM-t311 with Android 4.4.2 (with locus pro 3.37) I receive on start up a window saying for some online maps "cannot obtain zoom level"
I tried to update to 3.38 but google says it is not compatible.
Hartmut
  •  

john_percy

After update to 3.38.3, MFv4 maps work again. Phew.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

As John already mentioned, hopefully, final new version 3.38.3 is out.

As I wrote on help desk (copy content here):
If you still won't be satisfied with how maps look like or behave in latest 3.38.3 version, here are a few tips:

• automatic scaling: may be disabled in Settings > Maps > Advanced features > Optimized raster map resolution
  • slower zooming: check automatic loading in Settings > Maps > Offline maps or alternatively you may try to disable some map animations in Settings > expert settings > Smooth interface
  • incorrect display of 512x512px online maps: 512x512px tiles with same indexes (x, y) as for 256x256px does not make sense. Previously it worked more like an accident then an intent. Do make it work correctly, it is needed to use the method I described here.

Thanks for your help here and also big thanks to a few quick translators!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: erfi

Tapio

3.38.3 first start with nullpointer exception and no map loading. Subsequent starts ok and look like v4 vector maps work again. Slower as v3 maps but acceptable. Edit: not even sure about this. I'd say GOOD JOB MENION. A big step forward. I am finally and exclusively using v4 maps and themes.
Expecting more bugs since this 3.38 is a big update.

Many thanks that we can turn off map smoothness. It's more transparent and direct this way.

And it runs great on my meanwhile very outdated Sony Z1.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Performance of V4 maps is still little worst than older over-optimized V3 system. Maybe I'll later invest some time here as well, we will see.
Disabled "Smooth animations" has (almost) no effect on modern devices, but should be useful on some low-end phones or just for play & test. Anyway, I think animations look good and it's important :).

I still expect many problems, but main issues should be solved now and the app seems to be stable. Uff ... finally.
  •  

john_percy

Animations still have problems and don't look all that good with semi transparent MFv4 maps as in https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6579.msg55620.msg#55620

•  

john_percy

I still don't like the way "Magnify all maps" works. But I've also realised it doesn't respect the value in settings.
I can adjust the value to 150% in settings using the slider, but the map is actually magnified by 200%.

•  

Menion

I was looking on problem with alpha animation maybe for an hour before release, but then I rather decided leave it to later then risk a problem. So I know about it and will look at it.

About "magnify all" ... ah very good observation, I see it too thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

•  

Sonny

Just for interest: What are these "animations" for? could they be a reason that maps looks slightly more unsharp than if animations turned off (e.g. due to some picture scaling, picture filter etc.) ?

slarti76

38.3: "Magnify all maps" works again for OruxMaps maps, but weirdly only on second try (first time I changed to that map, the button had no effect, after switching back to another map and then back again, it was fine. So OK now.

Still getting notifications for map updates on every start. Did you have a look at that?
  •  

Menion

@sonny
animations are for "good feeling" of course, nothing more. Effect on the sharpness of images definitely not.

@slarti76
interesting problem with OruxMaps, nothing like this noticed but will watch it.

Notifications for updates are really weird. Yes, I looked on it and should be fixed, weird ...
  •  

balloni55

GC waypoints with hidden coords N 00°00.000 , E 000°00.000
> select location > Select on map
no map is visible
and
> select location > Screen center
no mini map in preview visible
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f