Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

jonny.blue

Just upgraded to 38.2 ... and the crash is gone.  ;)

BUT it is not possible to use a V4 map.
The screen creates only partialy tiles ... and with zooming some of them disappears while others occurs ...  :-\
  •  

john_percy

Same for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Interesting ... any information that helps to simulate it?
Certain map? Certain theme?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Crash gone. I switched from an sql vector map (topplusopen) to OAM v4 map/volUK - like 1 minute of white screen, I pressed zoom in/out numerous times... at some point map tiles appeared. Painfully slow.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2019, 06:28:38
Interesting ... any information that helps to simulate it?
Certain map? Certain theme?

The Voluntary UK / Transparent theme does not draw properly, but others do.

https://www.openandromaps.org/en/oam-forums/topic/voluntary-uk/page/7

(I am using Voluntary.zip with V4 maps)
  •  

Tapio

No, same non-loading and white blocks with Elevate. As for VolUk, I am using Johns latest version he posted at the end of his thread here in this forum.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

zossebart

You were right, it was 38.1 free which crashed for me yesterday evening...i thought it was already 38.2.

Real 38.2 does not crash any more (at least with elevate.

I have one theme which causes locus to crash under certain circumstances, but this might be related to my ongoing attempt to convert this from v3 to v4...

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

An issue with semi-transparent themes found, hmm new version will be needed, thanks.

@zossebart
long click on your theme in the list of themes > validate. If all is ok and theme still causes problems, send me it for the test.
  •  

slarti76

38.2: "Increase map resolution" is absolutely ineffective for raster maps. Doesn't matter if "Select map resolution automatically" is on or off. Also, the map resolution increment in all my presets was reset to 100%. Not that bad, as I have to find new best values with the new system anyway, but still...

Apart from that bug: I know it's more complicated, but all the problems with "Increase map resolution", especially for raster maps everyone seems to be having, I think the only feasible solution is to make this a property of the map. It's obvious that different raster maps look best in different zooms/resolutions.
It's nice and well that Locus choses the base resolution based on dpi, but then the user has to have the ability to adjust this according to reality and personal tastes.
I would propose that every map gets a "Resolution adjustment factor" from, say 25% to 500%. At least all offline maps. Then there's still the general "Increase map resolution" in settings/presets which allows to adjust resolution based on activity (e.g. biking needs more zoom because I look at it from further away).

What do you think, too difficult?

slarti76

PS: Ok, I tried a raster map downloaded with Locus, there Increase Map Resolution worked. But with an OruxMaps map, it doesn't have any effect. Anymore, still worked in 38.0
  •  

Menion

Sorry, not planned for now. Understand that not all raster maps look same, but this fine tuning for the specific map will have to wait.

Also, this scaling does not change map tiles itself, so downloaded map in Locus will be exactly the same as with older versions.
  •  

Menion

One quick morning request. Firstly I wanted to wait a little with the third bug-fix version in the row but seems that all major problems are now solved except this issue with semitransparent MF4 maps.

So I would like to publish a new version in the next hours. If anyone here actively translates, find 10 minutes and finish some translations on crowdin, thanks!
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2019, 08:44:46
Sorry, not planned for now. Understand that not all raster maps look same, but this fine tuning for the specific map will have to wait.
Ok.

QuoteAlso, this scaling does not change map tiles itself, so downloaded map in Locus will be exactly the same as with older versions.
Not sure what you're replying to? I'm still positive it's a bug that my OruxMaps raster map is not affected by "Change Map Resolution" while the ones downloaded with Locus are. It does work with OruxMaps map in 38.0, so something changed...
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2019, 09:13:48
...except this issue with semitransparent MF4 maps...

There's also a cosmetic issue with semi transparent MFv4 maps and the transition on changing zoom level. It shows up most clearly with woodlands on my Voluntary theme. The wood is shown with a semi transparent green fill. Changing zoom brings in the new layer with 0% transparency and then fades out to the correct level, so the wood transitions through a darker green flash.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Spartaner

Quote from: jonny.blue on May 28, 2019, 00:04:29
Just upgraded to 38.2 ... and the crash is gone.  ;)

BUT it is not possible to use a V4 map.
The screen creates only partialy tiles ... and with zooming some of them disappears while others occurs ...  :-\

Here the same:  https://youtu.be/NTQC4dIbQw0

Faulty behavior in the interaction of Locus Pro 3.38.2 and Openandromaps V4 on May 6, 2019. Themes "Elements" from May 2019. Also Theme "Desert". Also Theme "Allgemein" ("General"?). All themes are proved as correctly installled. Android 7.1.1

Maps of version 4 are only partially displayed more or less randomly, the image build-up is slow.

From 0:52 - 1:06 I show the same Openandromap but version 3 is displayed quickly and completely.
  •