Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

tramp20

Quote from: tramp20 on May 11, 2019, 14:21:22
Quote from: menion on May 10, 2019, 10:36:54
@tramp20
the current auto backup system is based on Android library that decides on it's own, when to perform backups. So time defined in an application may not fit exactly (the difference may be an hour even more).

I have this problem (no autobackups since 3.37.2.10) on two Sony Z1c with Pie.

With 3.37.2.12 auto backup is running again and I have no more crashes at app start :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

zossebart

I also have FCs with latest .12 Beta (Android 5.1.1 on Sony Z1 Compact).

Btw.: for how long can I expect Locus to be supported on Android 5.1.1?

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Hmm, this one will be complicated, sorry for this.
It's some weird problem in Kotlin language and I have no idea why it appears now and how to solve it. I'm playing with it since morning and I'm unable to simulate it on own devices > so I'm unable to verify if some changes fixed it. Anyway, I updated a few core libraries that create required apk file, so we will have to give it another try with version over Google Play. Thanks for understanding and patience.

@michaelbechtold
I may check the scaling of overlay once more, but I think it works correctly now. App no longer works with "zoom values" as are stored in SQLite database. In map core is so called "zoom scale" parameter and app try to find best available tile zoom to display. Hmm, I'll maybe try to write some blog post with explanation of this system.

@Žajdlík Josef
reset of auto-zoom was mentioned in app news.
I've made now conversion of old values, but still highly suggest to check results, because conversion won't give 100% correct values. Old stored zoom value can't be 1:1 converted to the new value.

@tramp20
funny. I made no change in the auto-backup system ;)

@zossebart
Android 4.x was my pain for maybe 2-3 years. With Android 5.x I have no single problem, all works as I need. So I can't imagine a single reason why to drop support for these Androids. Something will come, but definitely not in the nearest years.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

Here no crashes on Android V9 with Locus V12.
Very short check of new route priority with Simulation. No more problems wit longer abbreviation/detour. If near by back to track recalculation works fine.
For my liking still to often U turn recalculation.
Get perfect recalculation with manual set of no-go area to avoid U turn.
@menion
Much (!) better than before but please consider option to stop U-turn navigation after 2-3 recalculations. Then the new algo will be perfect.
  •  

Menion

Yes, I'm seriously thinking about it and I already have a solution in the head.

T-mo

.12 worked, but then I replaced a v4-vector-map and also changed to the latest elevate-theme. Now Locus crashs during beginning of initialisation. I replaced the theme to the version before but still the same. Doubt it's the map.
Let's wait until the situation is stabilised..
  •  

poutnikl

My crashing mentioned above may be related to the V4 map deletion as well, as I had previously installed both V3 and V4map of Austria from OAM, with the Elevate theme.  About the time I deleted V4 map, keeping just V3., the problems started.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

michaelbechtold

Hello Menion,
I understand that ZL is no longer the guiding principle on the surface.
Still it is essential that Locus takes the appropriate data from the SQLite DBs, which IS still organized in tables along zoom levels. I would do a systematic and in depths documentation to help clarify, but currently V12 goes FC on all my devices ... :-(
  •  

poutnikl

Even reinstalling of beta does not help. The beta, after displaying the news and receiving file access privilege, immediately crashed again.

I have sent the debug log recently via Google dusk sharing to locus.map@asamm.com, I hope it arrived.

Menion

Thanks Libor, email received.
In Locus Map is used a system called "crashlytics" that automatically sends these serious crashes to web console where I may see them. And I see exactly this problem that affects 11 Beta testers. But as I wrote ... no exact idea why this crazy error happens... which happens sometimes :).

I made some changes and the new version is in preparation.
  •  

CabrioTourer

I'm using V4ML maps and Elevate theme in V12 beta without any crash.

By the way. Theme Support in Presets (V4ML, Elevate) works ! 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

jajaballard

Ok 
V.3.37.2.13 start without crash. Top
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

poutnikl

Confirming beta.13 runs fine, without crashing anymore.

Žajdlík Josef

Convert auto-zoom values ​​seamlessly.  Good work.
  •  

Menion

Uff so seems good news, thanks guys.

What I have found and fixed since 3.37.2.13

• sometimes not reliable "hold map center"
  • still visible LoPoints after switching from LoMap to different map (needs a better approach in future)
  • not working LoPoints attached to any other vector map (V4 OAM for example). Now it works as well.