Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

Menion

Yes John, it is a different story. Emux is quite hard working on VTM & MapsForge system so it is used as a core map engine in his apps.

I can't imagine how to use it in Locus Map, sorry. Using of rendered tiles from MapsForge library is one thing, using a complete map system as a base for the whole application is something completely different.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

CabrioTourer

@Menion
To focus on new map core and finalize navigation later is fine.
Just that you are aware of some problems which might not be directly related to navigation logic I want to show you some things upfront.

Simulation in V10 is much slower than V9.
Funny thing: Airplane is slower than car in V10. Airplane means it counts meter by meter. That's slow ;)
I checked recalculation in Simulation in V9 and V10. In V10 it's detect "back on track" but pretty late. V9 it doesnt detect recalculations before back on track isn't improved.

Simulation might not show what happens on the street.
I tried the tour I did on Tuesday with Simulation multiple times. The results are sometimes different. My simulation started more or less same as Tuesday but later it changed and I see something different.
I uploaded the settings, planned route, simulation route and video which shows the issue here. All from V9 because simulation in V10 are too slow.

https://app.box.com/s/xfaxre1nil8n3ljv07az9xtab2nmtpf2

Then a question.
Which parameter influences when second, third etc. recalculation starts ?
The first recalculation is influenced by settings but all other seems to be random.
Sometimes after 300m, sometimes 600m etc.
Can't find any settings to change the time/distance. Tried all settings (I think) in navigation and guidance.
I'm asking because the place where recalculation happens influences the result of recalculation.
Without able to influence recalculation time Simulation might show other things than on street.

Again : it' s fine to focus on new map core first. Just that you are aware of some issues any maybe my sample might be good for testing.
  •  

john_percy

Increase Map Resolution for vector maps unchanged in the new beta, I think. Reducing zoom level and then magnifying really doesn't work. Texts are enlarged, yes, but other details disappear, depending on the zoom level at which they appear. And roads are no more visible.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jonny.blue

The first recalculation is influenced by settings but all other seems to be random.
Sometimes after 300m, sometimes 600m etc.

Same to me ... but when you leave Locus and switch back: recalculation starts (most times  :-\)immediately.
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer
slower simulation is possible, not all "activities" have defined average speed. Best is to use base activities like walk, run, bike, car.

Thanks for the very precise bug report. The problem here: you took a really huge shortcut here. To improve performance, app tests only following 100 trackpoints, so seems that whole missed part is more than 100 trackpoints. As a save-button, in navigation menu is "nearest point" button. Anyway this is interesting and probably common use case. I'll think about it, thanks.

Frequency of recalculation: there is a limit to once per 30 seconds. Was there always. Anyway seems, based on @jonny.blue confirmation, there is any new problem. I'll check it.

Map core has priority, but without navigation working at least same as in 3.37.2, I cannot publish new version, so thank you for testing!

@john_percy
it is correct. I spend on this today maybe two hours and it really isn't so easy task. Currently not solved without a clear idea how to easily solve. It just needs some sleep and good tea :).
  •  

balloni55

if i start route planner map center to Prague :-[
in my case blank map is visible, available world map isn´t loaded.
With center button inside routplanner window, map center return to last known position
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion
You talk about trackpoints, not sharp/via points, right.
Then it's a pretty short way for a lot of activities. That's for sure a problem.

Solution might be not to choose 100 in a row but every x trackpoint where x depends on the activity (or actual speed?)

If this does not work for activities which needs defined ways (street etc) then selecting trackpoint located on crosses etc might be the solution.

Just an idea.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: CabrioTourer on May 03, 2019, 20:05:01
@Menion
You talk about trackpoints, not sharp/via points, right.

I see you repeatedly use the term "sharp points", possibly because they are displayed as triangles, that are sharper then squared via points.

But AFAIK, Menion has coined for them the term "shaping points", giving to the route a particular shape between start/destination/viapoints., being e.g. a manual correction of the computed route between those points.

Just for completeness, they do not count as points in context of the point priority recalculation,  in contrary to the via points you "must visit".

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

CabrioTourer

Quote from: poutnikl on May 03, 2019, 20:31:53
Just for completeness, they do not count as points in context of the point priority recalculation
This is what I thought. I just asked to be sure because 100 trackpoints isn't much for activities like car and even not much for bike in rural area.

Thanks for "shaping point" correction.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: CabrioTourer on May 03, 2019, 22:25:27

This is what I thought. I just asked to be sure because 100 trackpoints isn't much for activities like car and even not much for bike in rural area.

When I analyzed GPX files of multiple bike routes, generated by BRouter, I realized, that as a "rule of thumb", the is in average 1 trackpoint about every 50 m. I suppose less dense for car routes, more dense  for hiking routes.

Trackpoints from recorded tracks will be probably much denser, depending on the recording settings.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Menion

Well, for the planned route it may be a few kilometers. Anyway, for the manually recorded track used later for navigation, this may reduce to a quite short distance, so agree it is not an ideal solution.

As I think about it, testing on nearest trackpoint may not be so big problem. Because automatic recalculation is trigger max. once per 30 seconds, app should search over whole track without any limit.

On the second side, this quite nicely solves a possible issue with round routes.

EDIT: as Pountik wrote.

Generally, using any exact limit is usually not the best solution. So why 100 trackpoints? Usually it will work, sometimes not, like on your case.
On second side, what if you ride in the middle (on your video it's a first char "a" in name "Leiblachtal"), app snap to the bottom line, but it was only some detour and then you return back close to start of this route?
Just want to show that any change may on cause malfunction of different use-case. So I still see here as backup solution easily accessible button "nearest point".
  •  

john_percy

Slight change to hillshading is not sufficient IMHO. The screenshots here are of OAM v4 GreatBritainML using Locus internal theme at zooms 16-12. The road is quite visible at high zooms but disappears into the shadows as the zoom gets less.

PS This forum software is trying very hard to prevent me from posting but I will not be beaten.

PPS you may need to download the screenshot on a PC to view it properly.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

3.37.2.10: sorting of Nearest & global tracks in southern hemisphere now working.
Where has the map theme selection gone though? I had a Theme button in Quick Selections but gone is beta.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: tramp20 on May 01, 2019, 11:26:45

With 3.37.2.9 all of my vector maps (LoMaps, Outdoor, Classic OSM) are now without a theme, selecting a theme gives always "the actual map does not support themes".

Perhaps your program does not read the correct configuration?

With v 3.37.2.10 problem is solved.
Thanks.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
hmm, yellow road on yellow background :/

Forum isn't ideal in more ways, agree. I think a lot longer time to move it to a different system. Discourse looks nice, but we use it on our help desk for Locus GIS and can't say I'm 100% convinced it is the best system.

@Andrew Heard
yep, I had to remove this option for now, because it does not work as needed. Will have to find more time and create a new system for this setting.

@tramp20
perfect
  •