Re: [APP] - version 3.35.+ ( 7. 12. 2018 )

Started by Menion, December 07, 2018, 09:28:38

Tapio

In route planner I think a very often used action is to move waypoints for correction purposes.

This is WAY too difficult and hidden. Compare with Brouter online, where you just drag and drop. Please consider making it much easier!

My idea: when I tap a WP, that grey overlay screen appears with all the commands in the bottom. You could make the top map view ready for dragging. Ie, if we drag the map there, the WP follows the map center.
Currently, tapping the top area just exits.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on December 15, 2018, 10:45:30
In route planner I think a very often used action is to move waypoints for correction purposes.

This is WAY too difficult and hidden. Compare with Brouter online, where you just drag and drop. Please consider making it much easier!

My idea: when I tap a WP, that grey overlay screen appears with all the commands in the bottom. You could make the top map view ready for dragging. Ie, if we drag the map there, the WP follows the map center.
Not too complicated for me, it's just different. But playing with RP I found this little bug:
Create a track from A to B
Insert a point in the middle of second type, the square one.
Look at elevation chart in guide mode at the place of middle point the graph breaks.
If you remove the mid point graph ok.

Another little bug, language change, countdown for restart, nothing happens. Manual restart ok language changed.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

There's some trouble with hill shading in Mapsforge version 4 - some portions of tiles are missing at some zooms.
Map is OAM Great Britain, theme is internal.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on December 15, 2018, 10:45:30

@tapio - I sort of agree with @lor74cas - after tapping the WP, the zoom +/- buttons are grayed out, but often I want to zoom as well as pan when re-positioning the WP. Your proposal is only useful for a minor position change?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Yes, probably, I see your point. But still I think moving WP is essential and should be as easy as possible. The most often action, correction if the auto created route...

I realized, sometimes drag+drop works, somehow? But I never liked that magnifying glass method. With that zoom and your finger on screen, I have not a good overview.

Edit: it works, when a wp is quickly dragged. Here, while dragging, one also cannot change zoom.
  •  

erfi

Version 3.35.1: Automatic Restart after ,,clear temporary data" or "change language" don't work.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on December 16, 2018, 16:37:44
But I never liked that magnifying glass method. With that zoom and your finger on screen, I have not a good overview.
agree, very error prone
  •  

Andrew Heard

Probably not strictly related to 3.35.1 but I recently observed the satellite map "Last GPS fix" correctly incrementing every second, and  yet there were no satellites on the map for nearly 20s - most odd. So where were these GPS fixes coming from?

•  

Menion

Thanks for feedback guys.
I've written these four bugs into my todo list

and will look on them during preparation for next bigger 3.36 version. All are a smaller issue I believe, so it will have to wait a week or two.

Complains about magnifier: I personally found it useful, which is why I do not see problems related to it. Any suggestion how to visualize moving point better? Btw. drag&drop works, it is just needed to move with point immediately, do not wait (otherwise long-click is performed and here comes bug).

@Andrew Heard , why no sats on screen? Do no know ... Locus Map just display received data from system :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on December 18, 2018, 07:18:51
Complains about magnifier: I personally found it useful, which is why I do not see problems related to it.
@menion - I never found the UX intuitive/ only worked over short visible distance.

Any suggestion how to visualize moving point better? Btw. drag&drop works, it is just needed to move with point immediately, do not wait (otherwise long-click is performed and here comes bug).
now there are excellent alternatives to tap/ drag with magnifier it doesn't bother me.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

lor74cas

Complains about magnifier: I personally found it useful, which is why I do not see problems related to it. Any suggestion how to visualize moving point better? Btw. drag&drop works, it is just needed to move with point immediately, do not wait (otherwise long-click is performed and here comes bug).
The magnifying glass is a nice piece of software, it certainly produces an effect of amazement in the user when first used.
But for example, if you have to move the point on the top or left edges of the screen becomes uncomfortable because the lens leaves the screen, also happens rarely that the possibility of moving the point is not activated.
I prefer to select a track point and from the command menu choose move, then move the point and confirm the new position. In this way I use the zoom already present or the two-finger mode, it is much more precise and the procedure remains the same. This is just my point of view, for sure there are users with habits or maybe different devices that prefer the magnifying glass.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Tapio

Quote from: menion on December 18, 2018, 07:18:51Complains about magnifier: I personally found it useful, which is why I do not see problems related to it. Any suggestion how to visualize moving point better?
My most prefered way of moving things is per map center position. Because there we have the best overview and we can zoom. Move per map center: Which is currently too far away.
I think a dedicated "move mode" would be awesome, which, if map center is close to the track, automatically  highlights either waypoints or, if somewhere in the track, the closest trackpoint. Highlight by just hovering it.
In this mode, there should be a hand button, which toggles between holding and releasing that point.
And on releasing, if it was just a trackpoint, auto create a WP. Movement of points by moving map.

Just my 2c. Because I am convinced, moving points - doing track corrections - is most essential.

Tapio

As for the new version: The "Navigate reversely" checkbox is a great time saver, thank you! The warning is rather useless for hiking in the open wild... maybe just warn once?
  •  

balloni55

today i make use of your 50% offer to update some of my lomaps.

for me size of downloaded "osm.db" is strange:
germany_south.osm.db > 523,42 MB
(complete) germany.osm.db > 347,32 MB
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

JoxM

Quote from: balloni55 on December 18, 2018, 19:08:04
today i make use of your 50% offer to update some of my lomaps.

for me size of downloaded "osm.db" is strange:
germany_south.osm.db > 523,42 MB
(complete) germany.osm.db > 347,32 MB
I guess it's because of the offline addresses in the south map which are not part of the whole Germany map...
  •