database issue- all tracks in one location cause crash

Started by ohgood, December 12, 2018, 14:50:50

ohgood

i have two track databases...

1) group name "James", folder name "tour of Georgia"

2) no group name , folder name "fixes"

if i touch any track in the folder named "tour of Georgia" ,  and then press it again to see more info, locus crashes.

i copied all those 11 tracks into "fixes", and locus operates normally, without crashing.

I've renamed "tour of Georgia"to other names, but it still crashes.
I've edited the tracks in "t o g" to shorten/lengthen them, renamed them, but they will still crash locus of i try the "more info" button.

I've tried restoring old track/waypoint databases, tried older versions of locus, with exactly the same results.

what do i need to do to purge locus of this database error ?

•  

Menion

Good day ohgood,
first and most easy step: create a bug report by this method.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ohgood

ohgood

i sent in the bug report.

i now think it has to do with EDITED tracks. if i have any record tracks near any original tracks, and touch either of them, locus will crash. these tracks were edited with locus.

i tested once more, and it appears to be a problem with all duplicated tracks, not just edited tracks.

watch this video, the "copy" was created from the original, and attempting to see full info from either the original or the copy will produce a crash

https://youtu.be/RfsDs2PmN0k
  •  

Menion

Kyle, thanks for bug report.

For my surprise, there is information that Locus Map was killed (next to many other apps), but no exact reason why it happens. Complicated ...

I just tried to make a copy of few tracks, but all works correctly.

I really need to simulate it. So should be possible for you to do a full backup over Locus (or manually backup Locus/data/database directory), then delete all tracks except some that cause a trouble and share with me this data/database directory? I would like to restore your data and try to achieve the same issue on my device. Or just share full backup etc. if you do not have a problem to share your data with me. Best over my personal email jiri.mlavec@asamm.com . Thanks!
  •  

ohgood

i sent you a link to Google drive full backup.

thank you for taking a look !
  •  

Menion

Hello,
thanks for shared database. Unfortunately no success. I tap on every possible visible track, also on some tracks in James > James tour of Georgia, also tried to create the copy of few tracks, nothing. No problem. So it seems not to be related to database, but something different.

Weird that clearly visible crash (based on your video), was not included in the log you sent before. Maybe you may try to create a log once more, maybe a minute after crash happen (to be sure, the crash will be in the log)?

Also may you please look into menu > About app > About app and write me here "User's ID" (or attach screenshot). I may try to find automatic crash based on this ID (never did before, but should work).
  •  

ohgood

ok this afternoon I'll wipe out the phone and start fresh to see if it helps. this phone hadn't been wiped in over a year.
  •  

Menion

Sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure it will help in the end :/. It will be most probably connected to some weird issue in app, rather then some issue in the device I believe.
Maybe you may try to create a bug log once more, just with a minute delay after the app crash.
  •  

ohgood

i sent the new bug report and user id via email

i tried two more tests:
1 moved all the "James tog" tracks out of the "James"group
2 edited a track (the popcorn road part) and it worked fine
3 moved "James tog" back from no group into "James" group..... at that point touching any track resulted in a crash.

summary:
outside of group named James, all works fine.
inside of ANY named group, it crashes upon touching and track and selecting "more info"

oddd

i really need groups, see how many tracks i have ? ;-)

•  

Menion

Hmm, weird.

May you give a try to this test (Locus Map Free) version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Cki1snVVln1gxIoGv1FL7DL6DyN_xrJ ?
I've maybe found something, thanks.
  •  

ohgood

Quote from: menion on December 13, 2018, 23:58:30
Hmm, weird.

May you give a try to this test (Locus Map Free) version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Cki1snVVln1gxIoGv1FL7DL6DyN_xrJ ?
I've maybe found something, thanks.

nope, it's the same crash with that beta version.

i tried to duplicate on an old rugby pro (i love those old phones!) but it was fine.

if you could try it on a kyocera xd, i can only guess it's device specific problem?
  •  

Menion

Kyle, I have no good idea what to do here. I really hoped that new version helps, unfortunately, seems not.

If you have patience with me, today will be published the new version on Google Play with some smaller fixes. May you please find a while and do a bug report with this version once more? Maybe there will be something different, maybe there will be an error I previously missed ... thanks.
  •  

ohgood

thanks for all the effort!

it's not a big deal really, i just wanted to squash a bug..... but it's looking like it's a phone or filesystem issue, not a bug. I'll keep trying, tomorrow morning.

thanks again :-)
  •  

Menion

Hello,
for me it looks like quite serious problem and I wanted to solve it to prevent some possible other side-effects we are not yet aware of. Anyway, no other users complain, not a big problem for you = oki :).

Maybe create a completely new group and place tracks there.
  •  

Menion

Ah, maybe next Beta once more ... you tried is so many times, that your error appeared in list of errors at the start with the highlight of the device where it happens... only on Kyocera XD :). Another try with next Beta, thanks.
  •