Track: slope line style - colours stand for which percentage?

Started by bezel, November 29, 2018, 15:02:15

bezel

Hello!
I just discovered that there is now a possibility to show the slope of a created track with a different coloured track line:

But:
for what of gradient in percent do the colours stand for (red,orange,yellow,turquoise,blue and so on)?

Thank you very much for your help!
  •  

Menion

Hi,
depend on how precisely you want these values :).

Anyway, for a quick overview, this is how it looks
https://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/59f74e0321d1b/59f74e031e8ef-15_color_palette.png

Values are from min (blue) to max (red). This palette is applied for all values for a track, not just for slope.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

bezel

Hi menion!
But with the line style I do select "slope" to be coloured - see the screenshot.

It would be absolutely great if the colors would refer the to a value, f.e. green  0%, yellow 4-6%, orange 6-8%,red 9-12%, dark red > 12%.
Or can I do this by myself?
  •  

Menion

It is not possible to select exact values.
Anyway, a "pencil" icon next to "slope" option allows defining automatic or manual coloring. Automatic spread color between minimal and maximal slope values found in track. In case of manual, you may define these limits.
  •  

bezel

Thanks, menion, for your quick reply.
It is a bit sad that there is no reference-% (in case of selecting "slope" as one of the options) for each colour!

Quote from: menion on November 30, 2018, 10:16:42
Automatic spread color between minimal and maximal slope values found in track.
I like the automatic mode so there I can see all colours/slopes - it would be great to get the reference value for the colours - an option for future updates or the locus-handbook.
I know - it is not possible to get the exact values - but it would be very helpful to know, if the slope is for example between 4-7% or between 8-11% or over 12% ... ((especially for cycling or hiking) ).

And the other "solution"/ way in Locus (graphic diagram with distance/height and slope) is very, very complicated and there is aswell no sign, where the selected point of the track is...

And within the routplanner - you can display the hight display (in this case very good WITH (!) the selected point - see "blue cross"/diagram and blue ring(map) - but still I miss there the displaying of the slope-data!

We miss this feature in Locus so much (by the way: Osmand did find  a solution to show the slope-% at each selected point)...

Please, it is a feature which is really, really helpful for all actives out there:
- to know what the slope-colours in a track refer to (circa % values)
- AND: to show at a selected point within a track the slope at that point!

Would be absolutely perfect if an update could manage this!
Thank you very much!
  •  

freischneider

you can yes here http://help.locusmap.eu/ make a proposal with the solid color. My voice is yours.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

bezel

Quote from: menion on November 30, 2018, 10:16:42
It is not possible to select exact values.
Anyway, a "pencil" icon next to "slope" option allows defining automatic or manual coloring. Automatic spread color between minimal and maximal slope values found in track. In case of manual, you may define these limits.
Menion, did you find a solution for the "problem" I mentioned above?

see my reply #4 (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6400.msg53427#msg53427)
  •  

Menion

Hello,
understand your problem/idea, anyway, it's not a one-evening task. Suggest to check existing tasks related to the slope on our help-desk website: help.locusmap.eu and vote for these you are interested in. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

bezel

Hello menion,
thanks for your reply - I always aprecciate your help!
Concerning slope/elevetaion diagramms I thought you are in contact with the developers of LocusPro so I hoped you might help me or push this theme forward.
I know there is aswell a "wishlist" (locusforum), but I do not see that this really works and that the developers of LocusPro have a look at it.

I really hope that the slope thing will be realised and that we do not have to wait too long... I know a lot of trekkers, hikers and cyclists who are eager to get this feature.

Thank you anyway!
  •  

Menion

Hello bezel,
I'm sure that app developer(s) will agree that slope values in the chart are really needed and are useful.

Anyway currently, one of them work for a quite long time (uff, already 2 months) on the improved version of "map handling" and the second on the add-on for Gear (for a similar time), so it is more about lack of time.

And I'm really sure they read help.locusmap.eu. Mainly one of them read it very very carefully everyday :).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bezel

freischneider

It would be nice if you could adjust:
Gradient 10-15% orange, 15-30% red and everything else in standard track color.

For MTB that would be very useful. I just want to highlight steep mountains. Everything else is unimportant for me and just for the sake of confusion.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

bezel

I think it is for cyclists (road/gravel/randonneur/mtb) very, very helpful to have for "all" slopes different colours.
It makes a big difference for a cyclist (but asewell for  hikers e.g.) if you have parts of a track with f.e. 4% then 10% or 14%!

It is quite good right now - after a couple of rides in the mountains I recognized, that
green stands for around 0-2%,
light green - 2-4%,
yellow - around 4-7%,
orange - 7-9%,
red - 9-12%,
dar red - above 12% .

Quote from: freischneider on December 09, 2018, 10:49:06
It would be nice if you could adjust:
Gradient 10-15% orange, 15-30% red and everything else in standard track color.
- you can set it manually just for the maximal slopes.

Not all are MTB-Cyclists - there are aswell the 'normal' Cyclists (s.a.), but aswell for hiking and trekking it is very important to know (all!) the slopes of a track and would be very helpful!

Best wishes!
  •