Transparency, Base map, Overlay map, Underlay map

Started by GRGISpro, October 15, 2011, 04:21:57

GRGISpro

I wish for option to select a Base Map, OverLay map, and Underlay map.

I would also like transparency bars to stay on the screen for the overlay and underlay map and base map.  Transparency should be 0-100

It would be Ok if the transparency bars faded away so not to take over the screen real estate for too long,  but there should be an option icon on the main screen that does not fade away that will reopen the transparency bars immediately.

This is a very useful feature.

The overlay, underlay, and base map should be able to be sqlitedb

This feature already exists on the OSMAND app
however the problem is that there is only 1 transparency bar that shows up on the screen then it fades away within seconds.  I would like the option to keep the transparency slider bars on the screen.

This is usefull for example if you have a land ownership overlay and an aerial photo basemap and mapquest underlay.   Maybe you want to make sure you are on public ownership momentarily as you move or near a border but change turn it off quickly to see the aerial photo for hiking.
  •  

Gammalerik

Nice :idea:  As I have quite a few aerial maps, it would be most useful to be able to display some sort of "hybrid" by overlaying i.e a streetmap or topo ontop. For instance, being able to mix an aerial with a topo to view altitude curves would be the best thing since sliced bread.
  •  

Menion

hmm maybe good idea but I have no idea how to do this for now :) (mainly how to integrate some gui for enabling these layers etc ... also memory limits allow only two layers at once ... and even this should avoid soon OutOfMemory error)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

GRGISpro

:)
  •  

cantece

Hello,
this is a good idea. Would it be possible to male a overlay of an vector (OSM-streets) and a raster (Ozi-Topo) map?
  •  

Menion

currently not ... I have some plan for adding OpenGL support. When this will be done, overlays will be possible. Till then probably not ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

elmuSSo

These features would be really really cool! I know kmz overlays are just around the corner. But I thing the aim is to make possible to put two full map layers over each other and manipulate their transparency. It would be great to overlay my own made map on the OSM map or vice versa.

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

JohnCNA

Quote from: Gammalerik on October 15, 2011, 10:39:08
Nice <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->  As I have quite a few aerial maps, it would be most useful to be able to display some sort of "hybrid" by overlaying i.e a streetmap or topo ontop. For instance, being able to mix an aerial with a topo to view altitude curves would be the best thing since sliced bread.
My garmins do this, and it's awesome. BirdsEye aerial overlaid on a topo or OSM map plus tracks and routes on top of those.
  •  

Peter Kundrat

One (a bit more powerful) way to achieve similar results might be implementing mapsets i.e. allow creation of multiple configurations of base+overlay maps and assign name to them.
Then allow putting buttons activating given mapset directly on the toolbar.
Ideally with button "Swap last 2 mapsets".
  •