[APP] - version 3.32.+ ( 31. 7. 2018 )

Started by Menion, July 31, 2018, 13:19:59

Menion

@tapio
trying to rename group/folder based on your infromation, but no success. Crash log or share of your track database is needed here, thanks.

@Condor , @locus.sv@heime.org
you are for now only two who reported to me any troubles with current geocaching system. Unfortunately, without some exact reproducible steps or logs with error, that will lead to the problem, I have nothing to fix (all works for me as I tried). Why there are now such problems? Do not know. UI has changed, but functions that communicate with Groundspeak server are still same. A lot of major changes are happening on Groundspeak server now, but I cannot blame them without a proof.
So give me one major problem we may start with, together with some steps to simulate. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Aaaand new Beta version 3.32.2.2 before weekend.
Except bunch of fixes, I spend most of time on tunning of computed calories. Those of you who use and check these values, please check also some older tracks you rode and let me know how does it match to your expectations, other web services etc. Feedback is more then welcome (and if you attach your track as well, it will be ideal).
And wish you a nice weekend!
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion 3.32.2.2 beta: minor suggestion & not directly related to beta, but when I go to LoStore & tap Download (icon) for an existing map then tap DOWNLOAD button there is no feedback the download has commenced (or not) until I return to the main screen & see the notifications. On 1st attempt I thought maybe I didn't tap the button, so tapped the DOWNLOAD button a 2nd time, and hence two notifications of download.

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: milan.cejnar on August 14, 2018, 15:51:24
@lor74cas
Hello, I've sent you my email via PM. Alternatively you could submit a new ticket at our Locus help desk and attach the file there. Thank you.
In today last beta now works

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Christian

Is the 'confirmation on exit' back in the Beta?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on August 17, 2018, 16:41:03
Aaaand new Beta version 3.32.2.2 before weekend.
Except bunch of fixes, I spend most of time on tunning of computed calories. Those of you who use and check these values, please check also some older tracks you rode and let me know how does it match to your expectations, other web services etc. Feedback is more then welcome (and if you attach your track as well, it will be ideal).
And wish you a nice weekend!
Locus last beta vs Garmin forerunner 235 with HR monitor and Garmin Connect

2 activities: a walk and a run
Screenshot attached
Seems locus doesn't want that I eat ice creams this evening it's always lower in energy consumption than Garmin 🤤

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

In red too close the numbers of altitude
In yellow too thin the grid lines to be useful

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Today while recording with beta I searched for some caches locus did it but switched to pro version recording the track with both versions. Two is better than nothing

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Mek

Quote from: menion on August 14, 2018, 17:02:55
@Mek
if you have packed KML exports, you have to uncheck "Export attachments" checkbox. It will be renamed in next version to "Incl. description & attachments" with small hint under "question" icon with text: "Add icons, generated descriptions and attachments and...\n - KML - pack into a KMZ\n - GPX - export to a subfolder". Hope this helps.
Thanks, yes, it helps. Now the track is exported in KML unless I check the "Include icons and attachments" checkbox. But I was surprised that this track does not include the generated description either, why not? Previously it was there. Only if I export it as KMZ and unpack it in my computer, the doc.kmz file inside contains generated description. Is it possible to export as KMZ only if there really are any icons and attachments (and so multiple files, which must be packed)?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Please verify. When I create a new profile profile in the PRO version and assign a pre-created folder to save, the selected folder is not saved. See Scr.
In the BETA version, the save works.

CZ: Prosím o prověření. Když ve verzi PRO vytvořím nový profil záznamu a přiřadím mu předem vytvořenou složku k ukládání, neuloží se vybraná složka. Viz scr.
Ve verzi BETA uložení funguje.

•  

Menion

@Mek
I believe there are needs to export content without any extra information (like for OSM editor for example). The generated description is mainly used for Google Earth or similar apps, where you expect just to show track without any post-modifications.

Anyway, what you wrote is correct. Only if you check "Incl. description & attachments", Locus creates "big" export with all possible data at once. In the case of KML, it also packs into KMZ. Why is this problem for you? Most of apps should be able to handle KMZ correctly.

Why I did this? Previously there were two settings: "pack to KMZ" and "export generated description" and maybe also "export attachments"? (not sure now). Anyway, maybe the reason of "generated desc." caused confusion and repeated questions on the help desk. So this is simplification which places all into single settings.

@Žajdlík Josef
as you noticed, the issue is already fixed in Beta. Thanks for confirmation
  •  

john_percy

"Personal details" setting asks for my height in yards. I don't know of any country that measures personal height in yards. For both Imperial (UK) and US (Queen Anne) measures, feet and inches would be best.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

in Beta and PRO
funktion twice different icon?

missing icon

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
ah good point, thanks. Locus now set up this field based on "distance" unit. I'll change it to "altitude" unit.

@balloni55
seems you forget on the reason of this ;)
Points > open "points" tab of the data manager
Tracks > open "tracks" tab of the data manager
Data > open the latest tab of the data manager

Reason? Not everyone needs points or tracks directly, so "data" button is most useful for top/right function panel. On the second case, "Data" is a complicated word for new users so "points" and "tracks" directly in the main menu are a lot better!

And missing button ... well, 7 functions available in your case. Or you miss any specific button there?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteReason? Not everyone needs points or tracks directly,
Thanks, understand ;)
QuoteOr you miss any specific button there?
sorry my fault :'(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •