allow deletion of unconfirmed notifications

Started by Andrew Heard, August 11, 2018, 00:53:56

Andrew Heard

Below are screen captures of unconfirmed notifications. When I tap the Delete button I get the message that I need to confirm & delete. I can appreciated there are arguments for and against being overly cautious to not accidentally delete but I would argue to just allow users to delete unconfirmed notifications without having to swipe. I had a situation where I had multiple attempts to download elevation data, so lots of notifications. Why have the Delete button at all if you have to swipe individually?

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Good day Andrew,
what you describe is an occasional situation. It is expected that every not-successful notification should be solved and there is no reason to remove it without confirmation. So sorry, cannot agree with allowing this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

No problems. How does the BIN icon work then if every notification must be swiped anyway?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

This is not correct.
Only notification that informs about any activity and that is in "running" or "failed" state, have to be removed manually.
All other notifications, like simple information about blog-post or notification on an action that finished successfully (like correctly downloaded maps or HGT files), are removed by this bin icon.

Reason: when you press bin, you may be sure that you do not miss anything important (Michal who wrote blog posts won't probably agree with  :D) . In case, any task fails, it will remain visible and it's only up to you if you really want to cancel it (dismiss) or retry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •