Crash with pinch zoom using vector maps.

Started by dibrial, August 07, 2011, 07:06:52

dibrial

I'm having a lot of crashes when using pinch zoom on vector maps. Especially when having routing and rotating maps enabled.
It seems like mapforge is rebuilding the screen while zooming and it is just getting overloaded. Also when not using routing and rotating maps I have these issues, but a lot less.
I'm not the expert here, but could this be solved by waiting with map rebuilding for some milliseconds after zooming has been finished? Because when zooming slowly no crashes occur.
Especially during driving this is a bit annoying, because I have to restart Locus again and it goes back to enabled wp's and routes of the last proper closure off the app and I have to enable all newly activated wp's and routes again.
Anyway here's my log:[attachment=0:3q04a8xq]crash-1312691220511.err.zip[/attachment:3q04a8xq]
  •  

Menion

hmm it's OutOfMemory problem. Did this happen to you also in older versions or it started with this? I changed a way how I handle bitmaps with last Locus version (since 1.9.5) probably and I though it should help with this kind of error. Looks I'll have to limit downloading during pinch zoom. It happen only when you zoom out right?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dibrial

It also happend with the previous version. It's only when zooming out and lots of times when using offline vector maps. Had several crashes again today.
  •  

Menion

ok, I disabled tile loading during pinch zoom, so try it next time, it should reduce this problem (not sure if it remove it completely, you'll see)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •