[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, another answer due from my side: bottom system buttons issue ...
Here are the steps on a device with overlay (!) on screen buttons, like LG G5, Moto ...:
1) enter one of those functions that opo up full screen edit forms, like POI, Track, ...
2) enter an input field - now the on screen keyboard appears
3) type what you like
4) to access the save button, you need to get rid of the keyboard, which implies you have to activate the on screen buttons, press the back key, and WAIIIIT, until the onscreen buttons disappear. Only then you have access to cancel/save button from Locus

When you are in edit mode, you'll see the left arc labeled "Save" on the top of the screen. Baaad idea to tap the arc - your edits are gone.
A logical thing that would resolve this trap as well as the button thing were to put the save/cancel buttons to the top of the edit forms. That works for any device, smoothly.

@michaelbechtold
Michael I'm really sorry, but I still don't get it. On all screens except main, Route planner and Track editor, bottom system buttons should be visible all the time. So what means "you have to wait until the Android buttons disappear again"? They should not disappear!

•  

john_percy

For me (MotoG), the onscreen keyboard covers the Cancel/Save buttons, and all that is required is to dismiss the keyboard before tapping Save or Cancel.
Three stages illustrated below.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

TXs for testing, John.
The Moto has the overlay buttons like the G5. But the behaviour I recollected from memory. Obviously wrongly.
On the G5 I did test it step by step. The Overlay buttons I have to get first of all by wiping down, then wait until they disappear.
I saw other Locus forms where the save button IS on the top.
So, let's get consistent and wipe out any dependencies on smartphone brand behavious at the same time.
One strike, two flies :-)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on March 23, 2018, 22:56:26
*** BETA version 3.30.2.3 ***
- geocaching users: please check display of listings & images. If all is correctly sized and click on images display device image viewer
All looks good; can't tell any difference from Pro.  The rare cache-log image still refuses to load (discussed some time ago), but I seem to remember it was resolved as an image-library problem.  Anyway, that only seems to happen rarely.
  •  

Wolli

Hello

even with the new version 3.30.2   the storage of the toolbars: does not work http://wollisgeocaching.de/20180325104843.avi
Functions can be saved, but not apps.
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold , @john_percy
seems we are finally nothing to moment, my head will understand :).

In older versions, there was a different issue with full-screen mode ... problem was that even after dismissing of the keyboard, bottom panel with system buttons did not appear or appeared, but covered these cancel/save buttons.

What is visible on @john_percy screenshots, is how it should work now! Bottom system panel is always visible, so "back" bottom button is also always visible! Fact, that cancel/save buttons are not visible above keyboard is the problem on my side in how UI is wrote ... needs fix, agree.

Anyway what @michaelbechtold wrote, sound more like a same old problem in older versions. You firstly need to "activate bottom on screens buttons"? The bottom black panel on John's screenshots? Really weird. Is it possible to get a short video from you? Should help me a lot to understand.
Buttons on top is old system I want's to get rid of, so not a solution for me.

@Viajero Perdido
glad to hear it, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

@skwal
problem with Altitude manager fixed, thanks

@Bucky Kid
not sure why this happen to you, anyway crash should be fixed now, thanks

@Wolli
exactly same does not happen to me, but I made small improvement that will hopefully help
  •  

Wolli

@menion

Hi

where I can get the  small improvment ?
  •  

chrispt

So I had a quick question regarding GPS shutdown. I have the option set to shut down GPS when Locus is hidden but it doesn't seem to always do so. Sometimes I'll see it still trying to access location (through the GPS status notification) and I have to go back into Locus and exit out for it to stop using GPS. Am I doing this wrong?
  •  

Condor

•  

AndersE

Tracklist bug.

In the tracklist there used to be a miniature image of the maps, with the tracks marked on the maps.
After the update to ver 3.30.2 all I can see now is the track.

Compare march 13 to 14 in the image for example.

•  

Menion

*** Beta version 3.30.2.4 ***

@Wolli
in new Beta version ;)

@chrispt
sorry to hear this. I'm unfortunately still unable to simulate this issue on own device. Will keep testing.

@AndersE
wasn't there any other change, like new download big vector maps, OpenAndroMaps for example?
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
thanks for new Beta
please  tell me  the advantage without "logs tab" inside "cache details"

workflow in current PRO, read and update logs from "cache details"
- wipe to log tab
- read logs
- if necessary update cache
- read updated logs with high contrast :D

workflow in Beta,
- wipe to "Basic info tab"
- scroll down
- click "More"
- text with poor contrast appeare, hard to read outdoor under bright sun :-[
- click back
- update cache
- scroll down in "Basic info tab"
- click "More"
- read updated logs
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hello balloni, thanks for a feedback.
The idea here is to provide most of the useful information directly on the main point tab without the need to swipe and swipe and swipe.
How often you use this "update logs"?
I have in head new style for a point screen on which I started work. Anyway then I've discovered some bigger technical problems, so task put to the ice for a while. And the result is here.
Alternative solution? Put "logs" tab back and button "more" leave as is and click only swipe immediately to "logs" tab?
  •  

Condor

Menion I read here about the new basic card ...
Please implementation of this request.

http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/geocaching-found-smileys-show-cachetype-too

Thank you very much  ;)
  •