Wear for Locus Map beta testing

Started by milan.cejnar, December 06, 2017, 19:50:53

milan.cejnar

@H Ifang hello,
no reason to be sorry at all, on the contrary I am sorry for your bad experience and would like to thank you for your time writing this feedback.
Regarding accidental button presses with wet or sweated clothes, don't you also have this problem with other applications? For example Strava or Runtastic are also using normal buttons or press areas on their tracking screen. I must admit though that these buttons are often smaller or located near the bottom of the screen which might result in less "false" touches to the screen.
Fonts on the track recording screen might be a bit small at the moment, I can image that on smaller screens 2x2 layout might be too much. Noted.
Now concerning the ambient mode. The watch should actually get updates at the same period as in normal mode, communication is not throttled in anyway, at least not in the application itself. This seems more like and issue with the Phone and Wear for Locus Map phone application. Some power saving feature of the phone could be the problem. I will definitely try to look into it.
  •  

H Ifang

I am quite new to smartwatches / Android Wear and do not use another fitness/running app.
Some people may have less problems with that, others more, but there must be a mode as robust as possible for this, or it will never be usable for some people. And the easiest and maybe most effective solution might be to not have the buttons on screen most of the time.

The more info on one screen the better of course - and I think the space that is there should be used for the value to show, not labels and icons (at least optionally). Maybe a small icon, labels shown on tap, but usually one knows what is where very soon. Then the font can be much much bigger on a 2x2 field too!

•  

Peter Jurík

Casio WSD-F20 report

1. Zoom +/- with button works fine. Thank you.
2. Stable application is okey.
3. How does auto-rotate function work?

milan.cejnar

@H Ifang
thank you for your ideas regarding UI/UX, you might be right with the less buttons on the screen, we will definitely try to think more about usability in the next versions.

@Peter Jurík
Hello, thank you very much for your quick report on new version. I am glad that it (hopefully) works smoothly and that watch buttons work fine.

Regarding auto-rotate function. It is mainly intended for use with navigation but can be used even without it. This function should rotate the map according to you "movement bearing". There is a small time lag between your actual bearing and displayed map rotation but it should be more or less similar. This function is effectively useless and might be a bit confusing when you just test it at home or just standing at one spot, because it needs some movement to lock your bearing or have the navigation enabled to at least use your expected route bearing/heading as your current bearing.
  •  

Wolli

With today's UPDATE of wear for locus map [/ b] to 1.1.0 and locus map pro 3.30.2, my Sony Smartwatch 3 is not working anymore.
Error message on the smartwatch: "locus map has ended"
  •  

milan.cejnar

@Wolli
Hello, I am very sory to hear that. I can't see any report about the error in our console yet. Please make sure your phone is connected to wifi or cellular data and try again and I should hopefully receive an error report which could help me fix it.
Other than that I have one report that Sony Smartwatch 3 is working with new version. So maybe you could try uninstall both device and watch part of the add-on and try to install it again if it helps. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Milan
  •  

Wolli

Hello Milan
my mobil phone /samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.01) is connectet with wlan.
I have deinstalled the android wear and the  wear for locus map. Then I installed android wear software and my Sony smartwatch 3 works well.
After this I installed the wear for locus maps software
On my phone locus maps works well.
When  I press on the watch the locus map icon, following message dispays:
"Locus Map wurde beendet" OK 
So the reinstalling of the softwares dos not help. What can I do now ?
  •  

Wolli

Hello Milan
when i have not start the locus maps pro software on my phone I get on my sony smartwatch (buildNo M1D64T) the same message .  It seems that the locus map software dosen't send data to the watch
  •  

skwal

Quote from: Wolli on March 21, 2018, 18:14:02
With today's UPDATE of wear for locus map [/ b] to 1.1.0 and locus map pro 3.30.2, my Sony Smartwatch 3 is not working anymore.
Error message on the smartwatch: "locus map has ended"

same problem here
newest maps pro
sony sw3

at the very first start it worked. the watch made a reboot then no connection
  •  

milan.cejnar

@Wolli @skwal
Ok, thank you for the report. So reinstall didn't help and there is a message that Locus Map has ended right after you start the application on the watch, right? Any similar message on the phone when you try to start the watch app - that Locus Map or Wear for Locus Map has ended?
Thanks
  •  

Wolli

Hallo
ja, es gibt keine Nachricht  auf der Smartwatch wenn ich locus map pro starte .
Bei der Initialisierung von Lucus map werden im Initiallisierungsfenster alle
Andere Apps, z.B. outdooractive funktionieren auf der Smartwatch sehr gut.
Kann ich die beiden Vorgängerversionen (lucus map pro und wear für locus map)  herunter laden um zu testen ob es wirklich am Update liegt ?
Hier habe ich ein Video abgelegt:  http://wollisgeocaching.de/20180322074901.avi

Hello
yes, there is no message on the smartwatch when I start locus map pro.
When Lucus map is initialized, all of them are initialized in the initialization window
Other apps, e.g. outdooractive work very well on the watch.
Can I download the two previous versions (lucus map pro and wear for locus map) to test whether it is really on the update?
Here I have a video filed: http://wollisgeocaching.de/20180322074901.avi

skwal

reinstall don´t help

i made i test
the watch isn´t connectet to the phone
when i start the wear app i get directky the locus has ended message on the watch.
so the problem is the wear app
  •  

milan.cejnar

@Wolli
Danke für die Beschreibung des Problems und für das Video. Est ist nicht mehr nötig die Vorgängerversionen zu testen, weil Ich den Fehler in der neuen Version von Wear for Locus Map jetzt gefunden habe.
Ich werde den Fehler heute beheben, vielen Dank für die Hilfe!

@skwal
Bug found in the new version on Android Wear 1.x, working to fix this right now.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: skwal

milan.cejnar

@Wolli @skwal
Really thanks for the help guys. The fix version 1.1.1 which should fix your problem is out now and should be available within a couple of hours on Google Play.
Please let me know if there are any other problems with this version or if it solved your problem.
Have a nice day
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: skwal, mzperx

Wolli

Hello Milan

Thanks for the very fast help. With the update locus map works again on my smartwatch.
Locus Map is a great software and the support is exceptionally good and very fast