[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

john_percy

Quote from: Christian on March 16, 2018, 09:41:57
Quote from: Saturo on March 16, 2018, 08:46:56
I don´t like the Star Wars startscreen. Whats the link between Star Wars and Locus?
How can it be switched off?
+1
+1

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

thanks @slarti76 , I think I have found reason why this happen (crash after restart), so next version.

If you do not see start loading screen, it's ideal. It means, that Locus does not need to do some heavy loading of stuff at start and start should be quite fast. Visible UI after start seems to be not correctly and fastly hidden full UI of app ... I'll look at it, thanks.

@0709
perfect, thanks!

@Saturo , @Christian
what is main problem of this screen for you? Because system is almost identical to what was in previous versions. Only visible change is that instead of "Initializing maps", you see "Control of imperial fleet position", etc. Does anyone care about what is being initialized? Most important is to use app as fast as possible, right? ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

I like your improvement to GPS, hope they work well. As for the startup screen, it may be funny for a moment, but not in the long run. I'd choose something more conservative.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

alezy

What kind of panel appears (and hides quicky) on the screen when Locus is loading?
  •  

chrisjk

Quote from: john_percy on March 16, 2018, 09:56:51
Quote from: Christian on March 16, 2018, 09:41:57
I don´t like the Star Wars startscreen. Whats the link between Star Wars and Locus?
+1
+1

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

What's the matter with you guys that a harmless bit of fun upsets you? It certainly doesn't stop Locus being the best navigation app in history!

joeloc

I recently had Locus crash on me really hard... losing all settings and basically everything else. Fine I thought... doesn't happen very often really... I can simply restore the last Auto-Backup and be a happy camper again.

Imagine my surprise when Locus wouldn't even startup anymore... apparently because I had no internet?! Some weird stuff about initializing and downloading and "unknown problem code 10099".

Seriously?

Well guess what... I was on top of a mountain and in desperate need of Locus to backtrack my own steps through a glacier as the fog was rolling in. And there was no bloody internet for miles and ages!

So what's the story here? No internet, no Locus? Thats one of the biggest blunders I can possibly imagine for an outdoorsy adventure app. What if that crash had not happened in Europe but on one of my other trips... like in Peru or Bolivia or Nepal or Arizona or Godknowswhere? I might have been stuck with a stubbornly playing dead Locus for a long long time. Contrary to popular belief, you can still move around this planet for many days without the slightest bit of internet anywhere to be seen.

So what's so important that you absolutely need to download and cannot live without? I surely hope it's not a license check...

Can this be fixed? I really need to get Locus up and running again, even after a hard crash and without internet.

•  

Tapio

Under difficult conditions, I always have my Garmin Etrex with me. I mean, really, do I tell news?  a smartphone plus OS plus big app like Locus is a complex thing.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

alezy

About my lovely Map Items. I like to collect places for next trip on PC, then export all points to KMZ file and open it in the Locus with Map Items feature. I am planning one trip for tomorrow and made points for it, exports all points, open KMZ in Locus and hide all points that I don't need (it is easy, because all of my point grouped in folders by trips), the points are hidden, but when I zoom out map to level 8 I've seeing "clusters" for all points, even for hidden! Yes, I have Group POIs enabled, and POIs itself not visible, because I hide them, but groups are visible - I consider that is error.
  •  

Saturo

Quote from: tapio on March 16, 2018, 13:10:36
As for the startup screen, it may be funny for a moment, but not in the long run. I'd choose something more conservative.

+1

I would also prefer something more serious. I liked the behavior before Star Wars.
Who wants it, can have it. I´d like to switch it off.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Re. bottom buttons:
on the map screen they are just the same as before and on the LG G5 the Android soft buttons are fully covering the Locus buttons. But that has never been a real problem for me.
However, a number of screens (e.g. track edit info) with inputs that need a back button press to be able to save, e.g., those are the real problems. Because you have to wait until the Android buttons disappear again.
  •  

Andrew Heard

if everyone is voting...
+0
the startup list scrolls so fast I don't have time to notice such trivia. I don't care what it says.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 17, 2018, 05:12:22
if everyone is voting...
+0
the startup list scrolls so fast I don't have time to notice such trivia. I don't care what it says.
+0

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@tapio
I never said, these texts will be there forewer ;).

@alezy
some stuff related to WMS maps and to Retromaps. I've improved this, so in next version it will be hidden by default.

@joeloc
sorry for a troubles joeloc. Loosing all settings? Can't imagine what may happen here. Any crashlog? Probably not.
Problem 10099 is really missing internet connection. Problem is that app use some c++ libraries which are around 5 MB for every processor platform. To reduce app size, these libraries are downloaded during initialization based on processor of your device. So it is not needed to include 20 MB of libraries into app, but you just download up to 5 MB during start. And yes, check for license is in this step as well.

Anyway I'm do not know what exactly happen to you, so it is harder to solve it to the future. I at least check, if restore of backup allows to continue in work or if by any accident, some "need for re-download" happen.

One small tip till I improve it ... keep Free version installed as well, just for sure.

@alezy
issue with Map Items ... it indeed looks like a problem, I'll check it, thanks

@michaelbechtold
Michael I'm really sorry, but I still don't get it. On all screens except main, Route planner and Track editor, bottom system buttons should be visible all the time. So what means "you have to wait until the Android buttons disappear again"? They should not disappear!

And about loading screens ... except this discussion, we did not received even a single negative comment or support on help desk because of this. I'll change these texts later (maybe to something "funny" that will point on some world problem?), anyway isn't this completely un-important discussion? Few texts on loading screen ... solution? Don't read them until app starts longer then 10 secs.. They are unimportant! And if it loads longer? There will be by smaller text wrote on which map, or point/track folder loading is stuck.
  •  

JoxM

Good morning,
Again, very good work! Thanks.
I like the Star Wars bootup. Funny.

But I'm missing one thing while geocaching. When I select a cache it was possible to see a "Hint" selection line when pushing the 3 dots on the top right.
In the new version it disappeared. Could you please bring it back or did I miss an option to select in the settings?
  •  

Menion

:D :D didn't expected this from You Willy, funny :). I'll consider this on next years 1. April :). With every Locus Map purchase, one girl to clear screen when needed!

@JoxM
please check menu > settings > maps - points & tracks > point popup content. Anyway "hint" settings is currently broken, sorry. Next version will fix it.

EDIT

@joeloc
I'm trying to find out what may be improved on this start-up system.
In case, you now do backup of your settings and then restore this settings, and restart Locus > there won't be any loading of libraries and license check! Restore of backup did not overwrote previous data related to this.
So only what may happen to you, is that Locus internal settings were completely lost. And this may happen only if you re-install whole application or tap on "Clear data" in system application settings. Did you do any of these two options?
  •