[APP] - version 3.29.+ ( 1. 2. 2018 )

Started by Menion, February 01, 2018, 13:53:59

balloni55

Hello menion
- if i set a offline world map and display it on e.g. ZL7, close locus and reopen it > no worldmap is set :-[
- if i use "world-1-9-OAM" map and zoom in  and out quickly sometimes locus hang on ZL9. After a while popup apeares report/wait/close. This behavior didn´t appear with michaels world map "W1-8-MBt"
After restart of locus also no wordd map is selected.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

TimoG

Hello Menion,

THANKS for the new bugfix-version. Fieldnotes are working again.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  With today's .1 non-beta release, if you get the Store's message "No internet connection", you can't escape.  You have to either shut down Locus forcibly, or re-enable the internet.  (I even tried searching for "exit", but that didn't work. ;D)

Is the basic world map available anywhere other than by a search for "world"?  I couldn't find it.

(I had some weird things happening by switching between the OAM world map, an online world map, and my - older? - LoMap world map.  Probably a caching issue.  So I cleaned things out by deleting and - after a wee search - re-downloading the LoMap world map.  Now it works well, and the basic level of info is perfect for me, thanks.)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: balloni55 on February 04, 2018, 15:06:39
- if i use "world-1-9-OAM" map and zoom in  and out quickly sometimes locus hang on ZL9.

Hi Wolfgang,
does this old world-1-9-OAM have a transparent top layer ? I do not remember.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: menion on February 04, 2018, 10:48:20Fixed version 3.29.1 just uploaded to Google Play.
I was able to download Kompass maps (not worth it IMO, but hey) now, even though it was very slow.

- The world map is not used for Kompass maps, but it should, maybe it only works for maps under /mapsOffline?
- The search dialog of Locus store cannot be displayed on lockscreen
- In the history of bought items, there should be a link to the product page. When I had problems with Kompass maps, I always had to use search.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quotedoes this old world-1-9-OAM have a transparent top layer ?
@ Michael,
how can I recognize that?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

The world maps (which come from OAM) that have a transparent top layer have a -tr- in the name. This one doesn't.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

michaelbechtold

Hello Menion, it would be nice if the Wolrd Map would become part of the Presets, or did I just overllok it ?

Menion

Hi guys,

@balloni55
issue with world map not stored upon restart will be fixed in next version. Anyway hang with certain map hard to simulate for me. I have anyway probably same issue with NeoTracks maps, so there is definitely some problem.

@Viajero Perdido
ah, nice issue with missing internet, thanks, fixed

@tapio
World map is currently used only for vector maps, not for any kind of raster maps, sorry.
Anyway history of purchases is now little bit "hot topic", so there will definitely be some changes soon, thanks

@michaelbechtold
is it really necessary? I can imagine I set world map once and then forget. Why should I want to use different world map for hiking, different for biking etc?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on February 08, 2018, 07:36:33
Hi guys,

@balloni55
issue with world map not stored upon restart will be fixed in next version. Anyway hang with certain map hard to simulate for me. I have anyway probably same issue with NeoTracks maps, so there is definitely some problem.

@Viajero Perdido
ah, nice issue with missing internet, thanks, fixed

@tapio
World map is currently used only for vector maps, not for any kind of raster maps, sorry.
Anyway history of purchases is now little bit "hot topic", so there will definitely be some changes soon, thanks

@michaelbechtold
is it really necessary? I can imagine I set world map once and then forget. Why should I want to use different world map for hiking, different for biking etc?
Well, there are a number of world maps, with different use case and focus of information. Changing us very cumbersome deep down in options tree.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

I'm still not convinced Michael :). I believe that World map is not something you use daily. Durring common usage, you won't see world map at all. Also current options which map choose? Really limited. Presets should serve for really really needed and often changing settings ... thanks for understanding.
  •  

eldron

Hi,
I have just tried out the new world map feature and in my case it makes my phone (galaxy S4, android 5) crash when zooming in. I´ve tried it with 2 world maps (my own google maps tile map and the world 1-9 Map) with the Germany south vector map from the locus store. As soon as I zoom in past the point where it should change from world map to vector map locus freezes and then crashes. This does not happen always, but most of the time.
Zooming out does not seem to cause any problems.

•  

Menion

Hmm and by "crash" it means that device really display error that "App was terminated" or just "Application not responding" with wait/close option? If first case, that app really crash completely, then log made by this method should be useful.
  •  

eldron

Hi Menion,
It´s not a big problem to me, just wanted to report it in case other people have the same problem.
It does not terminate the app, it just says that it´s not responding and gives me the option to wait / close / report after about 30 seconds to a minute. I pressed wait a couple of times, but the app stays frozen.

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
V 3.29.2
Quoteissue with world map not stored upon restart will be fixed in next version
confirm solved :)
QuoteAnyway hang with certain map hard to simulate for me
https://www.dropbox.com/s/li0nd7qo7mrquam/2018_02_09_16_39_35.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4