- list of news of public versions

Versions
1. 2. 2018 - Locus 3.29.0
4. 2. 2018 - Locus 3.29.1
8. 2. 2018 - Locus 3.29.2
21. 2. 2018 - Locus 3.29.2.2 - BETA
2. 3. 2018 - Locus 3.29.2.3 - BETA
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
believe you have fine time  and that a new version won't cause any serious troubles. Anyway I'm ready for some bugfixing!

But, I have one idea. Is here anyone, who use fullscreen mode and never had any troubles with it? Probably not. I'm, since Android 5.0, trying to make it work perfectly and it seems, it is not possible. Anyway fullscreen mode is most useful on main map screen, or generally screen with full screen map (also like Route planner). On these screens usually problem isn't. So, what about full screen mode, that will work on these screens as now and on all other screens, bottom software buttons will be visible? Can you imagine it? Let me know. For me, it looks like ideal solution.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: 0709

john_percy

I use full screen mode, and that looks like a workable solution

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I use full-screen mode on Android 4.2, 4.3 and 5.0 and no problems. Satisfaction. I have to praise the new version and the stationary heart rate record. Everything works great. Good work.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion I don't currently have problems with 4.2 & 5.1 devices but your full screen proposal sounds very logical. I only use full screen with my riding/ driving/ walking presets. At other times full screen actually "gets in the way" because I can't use the bottom Back button.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Bucky Kid

@menion: I use fullscreen view since 4" screen on ICS and honestly never had a problem with it. If you plan to add bottom buttons permanently visible, please make it per user preference.

•  

john_percy

Quote from: Bucky Kid on February 02, 2018, 06:12:23
@menion: I use fullscreen view since 4" screen on ICS and honestly never had a problem with it. If you plan to add bottom buttons permanently visible, please make it per user preference.

The problem with full screen view that Menion refers to is that the soft buttons appear and hide the Locus buttons in some circumstances.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

backup to cloud:

- the blue infolabel isn´t needed if path is set
- why is an additional subfolder "backup" necessary? and if, write "necessary subfolder backup will be created automatically" so use know where the backup is stored.
- a backup  is uploaded to cloud not a map (Karte)
- where can i switch off notification for successfull upload, similar to normal backup only unsuccessfull  backup upload should be notified
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Fullscreen problem
Thanks for a feedback guys. I'm aware that on some devices ( from responses maybe more then 50 % ), there is no issue with fullscreen mode.
Maybe it is just not so visible. Try to compare behavior of some dialogs like Data > "+" button > Folder. Is this "dialog" move up when keyboard appear? On my SGS7 (no bottom software buttons panel! ), dialog does not move up! and keyboard partially hide "add/cancel buttons". Does not happen in case of disabled fullscreen mode!
And on devices like Huawei, it is worst and many times bottom panel really cover bottom Locus control buttons, like visible on John screenshot. Unfortunately I'm still unable to find universal solution > because of this was made my proposal.

@balloni55
thanks, nice report as usually :).
I wanted to be sure, people will read it and it will be clear, why backups from "Backup manager" and also backups from "Maps" screen are placed into subdirectories. And why it? Because I wanted to be sure, that no matter what comes in future, all data will be in same place like data that are stored in your device. It will be then also easier to restore them. ON next days I plan to start work on feature "Add map from Cloud" when app offer available maps stored in "maps" and "mapsVector" subdirectories for easier restore.
- backup label as "map" fixed, thanks
- notifications ... is it a problem even here in "Notify center" where simple "trash" button remove all? Hmm ...
  •  

marsam

Hi all,

What I was afraid of since the day my wife an I started using Locus our geocaching adventures, has finally happened. The GSAK add-on seems to be broken in this latest release  :(

The live-import feature stopped working, and manually importing caches from the database does show the normal pop-up counting the caches-to-be-imported, and then it shown a tiny empty dialog for less than a second and nothing happens.

We have used Locus, with the GSAKadd-on, for two years now and we were really, really happy with it. It is without doubt the best option for geocaching there is. Locus as such is great, the add-on geocaching for Locus adds value, but the combination with GSAK was perfect for us.

Just copy a database to your phone and you're ready to go. Accessing geocache information at locations without internet is no problem. While making a long daytrip across Europe you can see all geocaches along the route even if you change plans, and there's no limit to the number of geocaches it shows (as long as they are in your database). Need I say more  ;)

In the past, I have looked into the code of the add-on, hoping I might be able to bring it back to live once it would die. However I have no experience in developing for Android and developing add-ons for Locus. Also I couldn't find any relevant 'beginners' documentation to get started: what IDE to use for Locus add-on development, how to set it up for development of Locus add-ons, how to test an add-on, .... Without that there's no hope I can fix this myself in the minimal amount of time I can spent on it.

For now we hope it is a little unintended issue in the latest release, which will be fixed in the next one. If it's the definitive end of the GSAK add-on, we're in trouble :(
  •  

Menion

Good day marsan,
no need to worry. It looks like some new problem in Locus Map, not in add-on itself (it has it's own troubles). Same issue already reported here http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/import-with-gsak-addon-do-not-work and I'll definitely look on it during next days.

During next week will be published bug-fix version 3.29.1, so sorry for a few days without this feature.
  •  

marsam

•  

Tapio

I bought the Kompass Sauerland map - download does not start. Edit: tried the other Sauerland map, now used 700 coins. What it does: I tap on "Download", progress bar appears for a short time, then download button appears again, nothing happened.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

TimoG

New bug: Fieldnotes do not work. Locus Maps crashes.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
thanks for bug reports. Fixed version 3.29.1 just uploaded to Google Play.
  •