Offline POI database

Started by balloni55, December 17, 2014, 19:47:12

voldapet

Hello Christian,
I'm not sure if I can understand your question. Offline POIs DB contains only Points but you probably want to search for track by OSMC symbol, am I right?  So it isn't related with current POIs DB. It looks like completely new feature and I as I know there are no plans for such feature for next months. On the other side I can imagine that we'd add tracks with symbol into offline database but I need to ask: why do you want to search by OSMC / waymarked symbol? Or how exactly would want to use searching?
Thanks
Petr
  •  

Christian

Sometimes i get descriptions or  recommandations like "do running or cycling the path with the waymark 'red on white'" without any starting or end point.
This is sometimes difficult to find, so a search for waymarks would help.
Since a couple of years i use and enjoy waymarked hiking trails especially long distance trails. So having these trails included in POI DB would be nice.
But may be i'm the only one in this universe who needs this feature...
  •  

voldapet

I see ... well I can imagine to create DB or list of waymarked trails. Then would be useful to show the list of tracks, sort them by distance, maybe search by name or search by ref number (if exists). But searching by symbol? Who knows :) Maybe you aren't alone in the universe.  However thank you for idea :)
  •  

gynta

old problem...

Create a circle around my position 3300m
Searching POIs around my position
Locus draw successfully POIs inside the "N to S" range.
But result range in "W to E" was to small.
demo see screenshot,

Menion

Quite a mystery for me. I spend on it two hours and I'm still unable to find out, why this happen. It should be ellipse, but not so big. Interesting ... so next try again after few months probably :).

EDIT: damn, I don't like such mysteries ... solved another two hours later. Thanks :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: gynta

zossebart

Hey,

don't know if this is the right place, but is it possible to include tourism=guest_house and tourism=chalet into the Offline POI DBs? Because at the moment they are neither found by offline POI search, nor "klickable" on the map although the theme (e.g. Elevate) shows them.
Especially tourism=guest_house is quite common (at least in germany) but at the moment not easy to find with Locus offline POI db.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 03, 2016, 15:50:44
...so next try again after few months probably :).
EDIT: damn, I don't like such mysteries ... solved another two hours later. Thanks :)
wow (i read your "edit" too late)
Two years of begging helps me again now  ;)
thx 4 a circle  ;D

voldapet

@zossebart
Locus POIs DB does not contain tourism=guest_house nor tourism=chalet. I can add  tourism=guest_house into section accommodation but not sure with tourism=chalet but why not. The problem is that these POIs are in the most of cases located in Germany or in Austria. However It should appear in POI DB during this summer.
Petr
  •  

zossebart

Thank you for including it into the db!

Looking at taginfo, tourism=guest_house is used ca. 62000 times, tourism=hotel ca. 209000 times worldwide. So I think it's really a significant part of the worldwide accomodations and should be useful for other people as well.
  •  

ZBilly

Hi, first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section...

Is it possible to search for car parks in the offline POI search? I seem to only find cycle parking when searching for "parking", and I cannot find car parks in the lists of POI categories. Am I missing something? I'm guessing the Tag:amenity=parking would be relevant.

Will

ps I should say I am using the England LoMap.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: ZBilly on May 13, 2016, 16:16:05
Hi, first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section...
Hello Will
This is the right place  ;)

QuoteIs it possible to search for car parks in the offline POI search?
car park areas? hmm, nope, not yet.

That's not what you want to do, but...
try to change the map theme to make it visible (except Locus themes)

->http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?board=40.0

eph

Also first post, right place for a POI request?

Would it please be possible to support the POI format as on Openandromaps? I tried renaming the extension from .poi to .poi.db, but the points don't get recognized (in MapsVector folder, just like the map itself)..
Example maps + POI's: http://www.openandromaps.org/en/downloads/europe

Thanks in advance!
  •  

Menion

Good day eph,
support for this POI format is currently not planned.
  •  

eph

Ah too bad  :-\
I understand this is the Mapsforge POI format?
- Could you please shed some light, would it be possible to consider support in a later development stage?
- Otherwise, does any tool exist which can convert between POI file formats?
Thanks, best regards,

EDIT: Link https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/blob/master/docs/POI.md
  •  

Menion

It is correct, it is a MapsForge format implemented in latest versions of MapsForge library.

Locus Map anyway use for quite long time own POI format which is, together with offline address database, supplied with modified version of MapsForge maps, that we call LoMaps and that are downloadable over Locus Store.

Support in future is not planned. I personally see no serious reason for this as both, mentioned POI format and LoPoints ( POI of LoMaps maps ) share close to same content.

Any possible conversion between formats is not known to me.

Thanks for understanding.
  •