[MANUAL] - creating custom screen

Started by Menion, May 11, 2011, 12:32:04

jorgesomers

Hi Boss, kkkkk

Ok, I didnt know about those fonts..

In fact I'm starting with Android since last month when I got my new telephone form my local mobil operator.
I'm a software developer since my first apple II+ and never stoped to update my own firmware and I'd like to learn everything about developing systems for mobile devices. (send me in PM some links or tricks where i can find a good tutorial for starting with android development, something like Visual Web Developer where I can do everything and it autocompletes, with help etc.. and obviusly a database to work with! )

As you can see attached my screen pictures (btw how do you make printScreen with your cellphone ?) I took with my camera, everything looks good..

Below the section where I placed the tm moving..
I used the gravity RIGHT at textview in both cases and it didnt work.

Thanks in advanced
JOrge Somers - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype - jorgesomers

<!-- tempo em movimento -->
   <LinearLayout
      android:layout_width="160dp"
      android:layout_height="120dp"
      android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
      android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
      android:padding="0dip"
      android:orientation="vertical">
      <TextView
         android:layout_width="match_parent"
         android:layout_height="wrap_content"
         android:textColor="#aaff0000"
         android:text="Tm Move"
         android:textSize="28dip"
         android:gravity="right"
         locus:textFormat="{u}"
      locus:textFont="crysta.ttf" />
      <LinearLayout
         android:layout_width="wrap_content"
         android:orientation="horizontal" >
         <TextView
            android:layout_width="match_parent"
            android:textColor="#aaff0000"
            android:text="{rec_time_move}"
            android:textSize="50dip"
            android:gravity="right"
            locus:textFormat="{i.d}"
         locus:textFont="crysta.ttf"   />
      </LinearLayout>
   </LinearLayout>
  •  

MaleSmurf

I use SCREEN CAPTURE SHORTCUT... works WITHOUT rooted phone...
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  to start with developing on android is best to check official site. There is all you need ... (for creating screenshots is a lot of manuals on internet or if you start with developing on Eclipse IDE, you'll be able to do them in Eclipse directly).

about gravity="right" ... remove last LinearLayout that containt only one TextView. This will help. There is not need why to put one TextView into container like LinearLayout
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

I created my "own" layout to show gps-info and distance to target. In addition there's a familiar looking compass and an arrow pointing towards the target. I hope that MaleSmurf will not mind! And thanks a lot for the good example!

I have a question, are the drawable-hdpi and -ldpi necessary? I guess they are there fore different screen resolution?
I did not understand the use of some (most) parameters, so once I got something half-way decent, I kept it.

Then an observation: If I freeze the display into "horisontal" rotation in Locus, it works. But if I activate a skin, then the locking disappears!
And I still think, that the setting does not stick over power cycle. I have to go and re-select the horisontal lock after power up.

Here's my layout, REMOVED, see a better example from //http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=735&p=4072#p4072
  •  

David

Hi,

The way custom screen is been implemented is indeed very flexible. A disadvantage is that it is not possible to have a simple dashboard overlapped with the map where the displayed fields can be changed on-the-fly.

It would be great to have even 2,3 or four customizable fields on the fly, similar to what a Garmin GPS provides or like the Android application GPS Essentials (screenshot at https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/ ... ss-480-1-7).

In this way, it would be possible to quickly change the statistics shown depending on the current need (show altitude if I am going uphill, etc). What do you think?
  •  

rtspring

Dear Menion,

I like your product a lot, and i am playing with screen customization for a while with great succes. I have a few questions:

A) Unfortunately i am in a despirate need for a new {action}. (or perhaps it's already there but i couldn't find it) You provide the {orient_course} variable, which can be used to rotate the compass scale accordingly. What i would like to have is the possibility to move the compass needle...
In other words: If my course orientation is NE, the rotateview rotates the image 45 degrees counter clockwise, such that NE points up.
What I would lik instead is that my rotateview holds an image of the compass needle, and rotates this 45 degrees in clockwise (opposit) direction.

Any help on this matter is appriciated very much.

B) Besides, but less urgent, it would be great to have another {action} variable that holds the angle between last gps position and the previous gps position, which is not neccesarely the same. (although my boat is heading towards one direction, it will drift due to the wind. as a result, the actual course might be very different from my heading)

C) Is it possible to calculate with multiple {action} variables? Example: locus:action="{guide_wpt_angle} - {map_rotate}"
D) Finally i'd love to know if it is possible for me to define buttons in my custom screen that hold actions like "zoom" or "select map" or "start recording track"?

Thank you so much for your time,

Rudolf
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm glad that someone is playing with this feature. Unfortunately non of your answers have now positive response. But if I see that someone like you is interested in this, I'll try to do something with this. Cannot currently say time, because I'm mainly fighting with vector maps etc. but I'll look at it ;)
  •  

rtspring

Just an idea of what i am working on  :D

•  

Menion

hey, what the ... :D ... perfect!!

EDIT: So, I at least added:

"{orient_course_opposit}", // course orientation (source depend on selection on GPS screen - GPS or internal compass)
"{orient_gps_shift}", // orientation computed as bearing from previous to current GPS location
  •  

rtspring

YES YES :) Thanks! (Can't wait for the update...)
  •  

rtspring

Aaaarghhh...

Allmost done, but in need for one more parameter / {action}...
To complete my 'sailing skin', i need something you did with {guide_wpt_angle}, calculated from {orient_course} and {guide_wpt_azim}...
Which is {orient_gps_shift} - {orient_course}, call it something like {orient_gps_angle}
It gives me the real direction in which we are moving...

Thanks
  •  

Menion

thanks for PM, I'm sure you know how to do it (Relative layout is your friend)

anyway I don't fully understand to you new {orient_gps_angle}

correct direction you're going is {orient_gps_shift}, this is correct value ... ah when I write it, I get it :) This is correct value only when you have your phone (tablet) looking forward .. got it

EDIT: added, I just hope it will have good orientation, you have to check (I'm too lazy on it :) )
  •  

rtspring

Hi, thanks again, once more...  :D

I will check, soon i will be able to show you a first version of my 'sailing' skin :)
(first for tablet, later for smaller screen as well)
  •  

rtspring

1.9.4 i love it YES YES, Thanks!!!

EDIT: One final remark  :oops: i see that the filtering for {orient_gps_shift} has been implemented. But now when i am not moving, it defaults back to value 0. So each time i am standing still, gps heading jumps pointing north. I would like it to keep the last value instead. As such my orientation is kept in the same direction when i am standing still, and continues to update when i am moving again...  :roll:

Further: GREAT :D , i have tested all {orient_gps_shift}, {orient_gps_angle}, {orient_course_opposit}, and they all point in the right direction!!!

Great work!
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "menion"SUPPORTED ACTIONS
Hi Menion!

Would it be possible to add a list of closest POIs within the alert range? Or at least the closest one, please.
Like:
"{POIalert_name}"
"{POIalert_distance}"
"{POIalert_bearing}"

The list option could have 5 closest POIs ("{POIalert_name_1}" etc)

This would be useful at least for Geocahing, when serching for closeby caches. Unless you decide to implement this as a part of POI alert, which would be even greater!
  •