Can't add POI from right panel button

Started by rijackson741, July 19, 2011, 20:19:58

rijackson741

In 1.9.2, if I try to add a POI using the right panel button the POI edit scree comes up OK, but then when I select "OK" it says "working" very briefly, and then I'm back in the POI edit screen again. The only way out of the edit screen is "Cancel". The point has not been saved, even if "OK" was selected before "Cancel".
  •  

rijackson741

Does no response mean I'm the only one having this problem? If that's the case I would like to know, because then I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Locus.
  •  

Menion

hmm are you having same issue no matter what category, icon, etc. you choose? because I see no similar problem
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rijackson741

Yes. I tried two categories, several different icons (including some that I added), rebooted the phone, etc. It makes no difference. It will not let me save the POI. I'm still missing the widget too though, so it looks like something is screwed up in my Locus installation. I'll uninstall and reinstall, and let you know.
  •  

rijackson741

The widget problem is now fixed, but I still can't save any POI. I noticed that even after uninstalling and reinstalling the same POIs were showing though. So obviously some Locus files were left on the SDcard. I'll try a more aggressive uninstall.
  •  

rijackson741

I uninstalled, deleted the cache (everything), and .visiblePoi and .visibleTracks. I didn't delete anything else, because I'm not sure what I could delete without having to re-import all the POIs. Then I reinstalled Locus. I still can't save POIs from the right panel. I have tried it both with the GPS on and the GPS off. With the GPS on, I have tried it with the map centered at my current location, and moved from my current location. It's always the same. When I select "OK" I see "Working" very briefly, and then I'm in the POI edit screen again. There are no error logs, it just will not exit the POI edit screen unless I select "Cancel". I can save a POI if I go into points, choose the category, and then add, just not from the right panel button. Any suggestions?
  •  

rijackson741

I just created a new, empty, POI category. It won't save to that either.
  •  

rijackson741

OK. I started alogcat, cleared the log, switched to Locus, added a POI, and then selected "OK" 10 times in sequence, and then canceled. Then I saved the alogcat file, which is attached. I don't know if it tells you anything.
  •  

Menion

I think one topic is good enough ... these messages from you look really terrible, so please continue in one topic if your is last and you do not need urgently to popup post on first place ...

anyway in log, nothing new. Weird is that there are only some info about reporting to flurry but no more ... hmm

I'll tomorrow create testing version for some track recording problems so I'll add some debug messages also for you
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "menion"I think one topic is good enough ... these messages from you look really terrible, so please continue in one topic if your is last and you do not need urgently to popup post on first place ...
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you men edit an existing post in the thread rather than adding a new post?

Quote from: "menion"I'll tomorrow create testing version for some track recording problems so I'll add some debug messages also for you
OK. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

gotcha ... problem founded ... enable "Check for duplicates" in settings. This will help for now.
  •  

rijackson741

Yes, that solves it. Outstanding! Thanks  :D
  •