Locus Mock-GPS App

Started by Alexander Hrncir, January 23, 2017, 00:27:24

Alexander Hrncir

Hi, I bought a Bluetooth gps and I want to use it on tours. I want to use Locus and Runtastic (to track my route) at the same time.  Now the problem is I can't use the external GPS on two apps.  I can set the BT-GPS in Locus Map OR in the app called Bluetooth GPS, while setting the app as mock-gps app in developer settings. First I tried using external GPS via "Bluetooth GPS" (app). This way it worked great in Runtastic and for example Google Maps. In Locus Map it found my position too, but I had to hit the center button all the time to follow my position. A point which is marking and following my position is missing. Then I uninstalled "Bluetooth GPS ", because I saw you can set Locus as mock-GPS app. I connected external GPS in Locus settings, but GPS works only in Locus, not Runtastic or Google maps.  Ergo sum: I can't use Locus and another app both together properly.  Isnt Locus able to be a mock-GPS app? Can I do something that Locus is working properly when I use another appointment as Mock-GPS? Any other solution? Thanks,

Alex
  •  

Menion

Good day Alexander,
I'm surprise that using "Bluetooth GPS" application this does not work as expected. Anyway it needs to work like this using 3rd party application, otherwise you won't be able to use external GPS for more applications.

You wrote that you have to hit "center button" all the time. So you see blue circle/arrow on map (your GPS location) and tap on "center" button just center map on this point and do not keep "centering button" enabled (blue background)?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Alexander Hrncir

seems like I got the solution. you have to activate GPS in Locus Map. I always thought, that I would activate the GPS from my mobile phone with this, but somehow it doesnt not - the blue point is finally appearing
  •  

Menion

Yep, this is correct method. By enabling GPS in Locus Map, you say to Locus to start reading GPS data from system. And source of GPS in your system? Well, Locus does not care and your defined that source will be mockup location from Bluetooth GPS application. Have a nice day!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •