Usable cache database from opencaching.pl

Started by Auriga, July 13, 2011, 20:44:11

Auriga

Hello!

First of all, thanks for this brilliant Locus application! I'm a happy customer :)

I like geocaching and i'm using polish site opencaching.pl that holds data in .gpx format for hidden caches. Thoese data can be easily imported to Locus and viewed there. When I open a POI with .gpx data, it shows a reference number of a particular case. It can be clicked and redirects me to geocaching.com, but there's no cache with this number. I have a suggestion: could this button redirect me to opencaching.pl and their database (or any other site - for example for users of opencaching.cz)?
If my post is a bit unclear, please fell free to contact me for details.

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

hmm is there any difference in these files? I mean how can I discover that this PQ file is from openCaching and not from gc.com? may you also send me some sample file for test? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Auriga

The screenshot shows .GPX file info seen in Locus. When I tap the blue OP3876 it redirects me to web page:

//http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=OP3876

I would like that it redirects me to:

//http://opencaching.pl/viewcache.php?cacheid=14458#

This feature worked well in another app, called geobeagle. I used files in the same format as one attached here.
  •  

Menion

ah I just discovered that database in czech is diferent from poland .. damn, why aren't they united?? Hmm anyway I'll try to do something with this ...

EDIT: done, test in next version please
  •  

Auriga

Thank You very much for help, I'll let You know how it works as soon as the new version is live.
  •  

Auriga

Today I installed Locus Pro 1.9.2 and the problem still exists - app redirects me to geocaching.com page.
  •  

Menion

did you reimported data? try it please
  •  

zbyszaty

I checked, a link in the box leads to the page opencaching.pl :) downloading GPX GC file. Everything works fine.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
  •  

Auriga

I reinstalled and then imported again, it works like a charm! Brilliant, thanks a lot!
  •  

Menion

you're welcome ... closing
  •