[APP] - version 1.9.x

Started by Menion, July 05, 2011, 16:49:10

Menion

18.8.2011 - Locus 1.9.7.2

[attachment=0:3c18dyjh]1.9.7.2.apk[/attachment:3c18dyjh]

• added OpenHikingMap
  • added "Voice navigation"!  - info about voices here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=968
  • improved support for Field notes (now also "Field notes manager" under geocaching tools)
  • many fixes like memory issues, not editable geocache waypoints, some reported errors ...

12.8.2011 - Locus 1.9.7.1

I'm going on small vacation now, so here is actual build with some more improvements, so please test it. In previous version I see 92 downloads and almost no comments, so when you download this testing version and use it, and see some place for improvements of any function, write here just short note ... "this function bla bla is terrible, I need to do at least this bla bla" or something like this. I appreciate every response that bring some idea ;)

anyway, news:
  • added OpenSeaMaps
  • "navigation" is now centered on map car (even when position is only 'near'
  • improved colors of track during "navigation"
  • locus now remember some important settings when is killed during minimize
  • rewrote unlocking of screen - little funny now, suggest to try :) ... I'll improve it a little, probably switch circles for some arrows pointing into center
  • some more small fixes as usual

So see you guys, I'm looking forward for your response and hope you'll take care of some newbies :)), see you in Thursday...

[s:3c18dyjh]9.8.2011 - Locus 1.9.6.2
fixed previous version. Some ProGuard problems, sorry ...

9.8.2011 - Locus 1.9.6.1
Testing version. After a start it say you "Not licenced" but press 'Free' and it will work as Pro version till middle of August! (15.8.2011)
  • improved (mainly design) of "navigation"
  • really many many bug fixes, thanks all here on forum for reporting!
  • possibility to add geocaching waypoint quickly (more here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=933)
  • some graphics improvements, stars on some buttons means - extra function with long-click. Any better idea how to highlight this or do you like small star? For me seems nice :)
  • and more ...

EDIT: ah, I see that in testing version is enabled 3D ;) ... so you may try it (two finger slide down or up) but expect problems with higher angle ... (Android problem with unknown solution for me)

3.8.2011 - Locus 1.9.5.4
After some time, one testing version. After a start it say you "Not licenced" but press 'Free' and it will work as Pro version till middle of August!
  • auto-zoom based on speed (will be only in Pro)
  • basic of navigation - try compute path by CloudMade service and press 'guide' on this track (is also in Pro because only pro can use CloudMade)
  • final decision for Vector maps - in Free will be limited to 250 tiles/one run of Locus, so you can close it and run again (same with WMS maps - there is limit 100). In Pro - no limit. Anyway downloading will be able only thanks to small payed (1€) addon, that allow this. Otherwise you'll have to create maps by your own or download from some site. It's on your own. This is done, because I finally have bought web server and I'm just setting it (it's slow work for me - I have never done something like this :) ), and I hope that this addon will cover server cost.
  • some small fixes

EDIT: hmm I discovered during field testing that distances below arrow are wrongly calculate, so I'll work on fix now ...

27.7.2011 - Locus 1.9.4.2
Testing version
  • better "News" screen and also screen with differences against Pro version
  • many changes in import and mainly handling KMZ files. This is main reason for this testing update

21.7.2011 - Locus 1.9.3
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro, hope that all main bugs are fixed :)

8.7.2011 - Locus 1.9.0.2
Ready for big testing?? ;) - use testing Free version. This version really need testing and also I need a lot of feedback, so don't shy ;)
  • First version of official support for vector maps. Increased speed! Added map downloader!! (not all maps are uploaded to server. I have very very slooow upload speed so it will take around two days since whole america will be ready for download. Rest of world should be)
  • New 'Main menu' (there will be better icons later - these are temporary) - what you think about it? (Accessible by hardware menu button and top left button)
  • new way to work right panel and top panel! Hmm? (try to hold long-click on top panel buttons)
  • improved style of popup dialog

5.7.2011 - Locus 1.9.0
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro
[/s:3c18dyjh]
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jctmarques

I'm having problems with the widget. "Error loading Widget." The buttons don't appear.
  •  

sinda

The same. Widget don't appears
  •  

Menion

hi,
  I have noticed same behavior on emulator ... It's 2.1 problem, I'll try to fix but cannot promise
  •  

berkley

Widgets are only available if the application is installed on the phone and not on the sd-card!

This is a general behaviour in Android...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

SeM

Hello, with English hardly at me, I will try to explain by means of the translator

in Locus Pro 1.9.0 when viewing the card when you turn off the screen turns off gps, for me it is not convenient.
 It is possible to receive the previous version Locus Pro 1.8.11 ???
  •  

berkley

If you have a running instance that uses GPS (like POI warner, track recording, park service) your GPS never switches off, even if you turn the screen off.
You'll find this behaviour in Locus Pro 1.8.11 too. Sorry.
This feature was also discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=611

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

SeM

berkley

I know about it ! I completely suits version Locus Pro 1.8.11
  •  

SeM

It can is possible to bring this function in options ?
  •  

Menion

new important testing version!

EDIT: [s:3ue5m3vq]damn, thanks to Matthias, I received valid info then downloading of some maps ends with error. Will be fixed soon[/s:3ue5m3vq] - fixed on server
  •  

dibrial

I thought the vector maps where allready out of Beta......
Using them for weeks now for routing and geocaching.
Request: Is it possible to load multiple maps for border crossing routing?

Issues found:
Main menu (liked the previous more) settings icon : Dutch text doesn't display properly. 12 character...
Map downloader works, but maps only show up after reopening maps menu not immediately. (Will this be a Pro only function?)
Coordinates in top menu still show up as 49°6.125' not like 49°06.125'
When creating tracks via Navigation, the time it took to create the track is displayed automatically in the description field. I says 13:56min | 141 km. Can't this be changed to the estimate time by chosen navigation type?
  •  

LosBrinkos

I like the offline maps functionality because I'm often abroad.
I found two things:
- I noticed that the map of the Netherlands is sometimes not completely drawn. A large square keeps white.
I also used  the map of Turkey, but using that map I didn't noticed it. Maybe something in the chart data?
- Minor issue: When downloading the map the text in the download bar (map size) is not visible initially. It becomes visible during the download.
Keep on the good work!
  •  

durian

Quote from: "LosBrinkos"I like the offline maps functionality because I'm often abroad.
I found two things:
- I noticed that the map of the Netherlands is sometimes not completely drawn. A large square keeps white.
I also used  the map of Turkey, but using that map I didn't noticed it. Maybe something in the chart data?
- Minor issue: When downloading the map the text in the download bar (map size) is not visible initially. It becomes visible during the download.
Keep on the good work!
The white squares occur sometimes, I also think it i something in the data. I noticed that when you zoom in enough in the Netherlands, the details get drawn again, so the square is not on all zoom levels.

I have the same white squares in Garmin OSM maps which can be downloaded from //http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/. Mkgmap seems to have a problem with the data too...

-peter
  •  

Hyperplane

Remarks on the new vector map download feature:

- I downloaded Switzerland but all zoom levels appear white and blank.
(For comparison I downloaded czech_republic.osm and all details are visible)
- I cannot cancel, stop and pause/resume the download of vector maps.
- Perhaps vector maps should be kept in the Personal tab separated from the raster maps.

i.e
Personal
--------------
Raster maps
Vector maps

Regards
  •  

frige

Vector maps working very fine for me (generated them with osmosis - working fine even with an low end laptop for files in 2..300MB range).
One effect is recognice is that i have to activate the vector map every time i restart locus. Same for the magnification - is always starting
with 4km range and i have to press + ...  not a big issue but would be convenient if settings would be same after restart than before.
Is this by intention - or do i configure someting wrong ?
Widget is working fine for me. Cool to start a track w/o going nrough locus. Working fine also when i switch off and on again.. Usye Froyo ROM (Floyo 1.4).
For downloading vector maps i would prefer to do this on the computer.

Thanks for permanently improving the app !
frige
  •