[APP] - version 3.17.x (16. 5. 2016+)

Started by Menion, May 16, 2016, 15:36:07

Bucky Kid

So it was probably problem of my OS, after telephone restart map control seems to work as expected. Please ignore the bug report.
  •  

TrulloF

In 3.17.1 I get the following behavior, which was not present before (see screen shots). Map names don't work as before e. g. Germany North and Germany South are both displayed as Germany etc.
Thank you for looking into it.

•  

gynta

Menion

Don't ask me guys ... stupid issue in last minutes before release, heh :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: menion on May 21, 2016, 17:03:16
Size of tiles is defined in map file itself. So Locus first get information about defined tile size from map header and then use this size to request MapsForge for rendering of tiles.
Standard mapsforge 0.4+ map viewer uses flexible tile sizes, 256px@160dpi,512px@320dpi etc. The renderer scales all elements accordingly. Apps that don't use the map viewer like OruxMaps/BCN are AFAIK using a fixed size for compatibility reasons, like 512px or 256px. That's why I was guessing that's the same with Locus.
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: gynta on May 21, 2016, 22:42:16
what's wrong?

Not just Germany
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

V 3.17.2
- map naming is solved :)

i didn´t know since when, but yesterday i noticed that after click on "Re-initialize map" i get a black screen and Locus stop after a while.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Kona

Hi,

Just updated my Locus Pro and my England map name changed into United Kingdom which is wrong.

Similar mistakes were and still are in Locus Store in naming United Kingdom countries.
Great Britain is only England, Scotland and Wales no more.
United Kingdom Includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, also Isle of Man, Jersey, which all should me in the United Kingdom folder.
If Isle of Man and Jersey are as separate maps with flags, England, Scotland and Wales would have use their own flags instead of Union Jack of United Kingdom.

Or maybe one map of United Kingdom might be better idea.

Also Canary Island would use their own flag as it's sold separately from Spain.

Last night my Galaxy S5 updated to Android 6.0 and found some problems with SD card, rendering of maps is pretty slow, where can I find any help about that issue?

Thank you.
I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •  

Čelda

Quote from: JoxM on May 17, 2016, 19:57:31
Nice work again, but there is a bug in the geocaching logging section.
If you want to log there is only a single line to write into. Even on a   RETURN there is no linebreak.

I confirm that too. Rather unpleasant :-(
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 21, 2016, 11:45:33
@slarti: new icons ... we will see

Special handling of categorized icons make sense, I was thinking about it some time ago. Little harder to create really easy working solution and it also needs quite some time to make it work properly. Probably easier solution should be some XML file inside zip, that should define these categories. Anyway suggest to copy this idea on help desk http://help.locusmap.eu/ , as it's really not task on few minutes and I would like to see if there is some interest or not. Anyway it's doable.
I realized that there is already an idea: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/own-icon-pack-icons-divided-into-groups
And I already commented on it, sorry I forgot ;)
Anyway, good to bounce that one up - hope et'll be enough for you to consider. Like the XML approach, too!
  •  

Christian

Quote from: Christian on May 17, 2016, 00:20:56
Updated to 3.17.
Uptdated LoMap "Bayern"
Now i have errors in map rendering :(
After a clean reinstall of Locus 3.17.2 it seems that hgt files were corrupted / broken and the cache were poisoned also. Likely i tried to delete the wrong cache (on SDCard) or somewhere else so i could not solve the problem some days ago.
When i try today to repeat the problem by moving / deleting hgt files while Locus were running the problem occurs again. But the origin problem started when my SDCard were broken. But the hgt files are stored internally. Mystic...
Now it seems ok. Thanx for support.
  •  

balloni55

decision "don´t ask again"
- if "yes", decision is stored  :) how can i undo?
- if "no", decision is not stored :-[

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on May 22, 2016, 19:44:54
- if "yes", decision is stored  :) how can i undo?
i'm nor sure now... but is there a word in config.cfg like "gps ... notify..."?

Menion

@Tobias: hmm so you want to say that new mapsForge may dynamically change rendered tile size based on defined parameter? So Locus should define as you wrote, till density 320dpi, use 256px, then 512px? I'll look what I may do here, thanks

@Čelda: should be already fixed in last version

@Christian: weird, anyway glad it's solved

@balloni55: "don't ask" results are stored internally and there is no option to reset this settings for now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote"don't ask" results are stored internally and there is no option to reset this settings for now
ok understand

and ?
Quoteif "no", decision is not stored
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •