SOS all my tracks are gone up to yesterday all was ok

Started by silber1, May 19, 2016, 12:02:34

silber1

I was travelling in Portugal. Since today all my tracks from all maps are gone. Use a 6GB card on my S4.
Any help possible to get them back?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Do you export your tracks to file when you close them ? They would be sitting in the export folder under Locus.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

silber1

I saved everx travk after ending. BUT Locus doesnt find any of mx hundreds of tracks. I found s 30mb file with a kind
Of .bak enfing, but trying to open it with Locus it says no supported file. I am sitting in a hotel in Portugal and stoll hopo to get my tracks back. In ecport there is no file.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: silber1 on May 19, 2016, 13:36:23
I saved everx travk after ending. BUT Locus doesnt find any of mx hundreds of tracks. I found s 30mb file with a kind
Of .bak enfing, but trying to open it with Locus it says no supported file. I am sitting in a hotel in Portugal and stoll hopo to get my tracks back. In ecport there is no file.
Saving is one thing, Export to a file is optional. Seems you did not use this option.
Did you use the Backup Manager from time to time to so a full Backup of your Locus Database ? Oh creates Zip Files indeed.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

silber1

The backup is 2 weeks old. I will do further repair when I am at home again tomorrow.
Thanks up then
  •  

Menion

Hello silber1. As Michael wrote, backup is one of best options how to save and later restore data.

Also, all tracks are stored in Locus/data/database directory, so make a backup of date in this directory, mainly file "tracks.db". If this file is corrupted, it should be possible to restore it.

And mainly in such case, check your SD card by any tool if possible. Such problem may rarely happen, but if so, it's usually because of some problem with SD card itself. Sorry for a complications.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

I am back at home from Portugal and try to recover my tracks. Thanks for your quick help in my SOS situation.
I am using a new 64 GB card which worked fine up to yesterday.
I will make now an backup of all my Locus files.
Is there a good utility for repair the 64 GB card or recovery program?
Gerhard
  •  

john_percy

As @709, mistrust all 64G SD cards, especially the cheap ones. I was caught out once and after that I always check them carefully.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

silber1

It is an original Samsung 64GB card bougth from Amazon for 35.99€. I hope it is not a fake.
On May 17th someting happended to the card: all pictures made up to May 18th 18h disappeared. All other pictures before and afterwards are ok.

Now I found on the card and copied to my pc
:
tracks.db back 11,3 MB 18.5.2016
tracks.db  84k  19.5.2016
tracks.db-journal  20,5k  19.5.2016
waypoints.db-journal  120,7k   16.5.2016

If I use the file tracks.db back and open it with Locus I get errormessage, that it is not a valid data format.
Any idea what to do with this file. I hope in has all my tracks stored ?
Gerhard
  •  

silber1

I was working the whole day to get my tracks back.
I made a full copy of the micro-sd-card to my pc, so I have at least all files backed up.

I think all the tracks are hidden in the file:  /data/database/tracks.db.back  which has 11,3 MB and was created on May 18  16:37. I think this file contains all the missing tracks?
But how can I make a new tracks.db from it?

I copied from my old sd-card the old track.db into the new card. So I have at least my old tracks back, but none of my Portugal tracks.
Any further help is highly welckome.
Gerhard
  •  

gynta

upload your backup to cloud and send a mail to support.
think menion will try it.  8)

silber1

Good morning and hopefully a good news  :o

I just send the Locus\data\database directory to Dropbox SOSLOCUS  directory.
I hope the tracks.db.back file can be restored.
Gerhard
  •  

Menion

Hi, ehm ... where should I download your "sos" directory? :).

Btw. first what I try is to simply rename "tracks.bak" to "tracks.db". Maybe you should try it and it will works for you.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: silber1 on May 19, 2016, 12:02:34
I was travelling in Portugal. Since today all my tracks from all maps are gone. Use a 6GB card on my S4.
Any help possible to get them back?

Late advice, I know, but If you had used Locus automatic backup feature.....

The timestamped backup zips are than in Locus/backup/auto folder. The database folder of the backup zip contains tracks.db and waypoints.db. I have configured the Locus backup manager to backup every 3rd day , keeping 5 backups.

silber1

I renamed tracks.db.back into tracks.db and my new empty tracks.db was overwritten.
I startet Locus again, I got no error message and tracks was loading over half an hour, then I stopped. But after a new start tracks windows still was empty.
Then I made an other atempt: I saw here in the forum to try the  sqlite3.exe procedure. In first run I got an ok with the tracks.db.back.
At the next run I got a new database, which had 11,1 MB  and not 11,3 MB as the tracks.db.back.
Now I used the 11.1 MB file and Heureka: All my tracks are back  :) :) :) :).
up to a last recorded track on May 17  19:34 h. 

After that date someting must happend to my S4: All tracks made on May 18  and all my photos from May 17  16:18h to May 18  17:00h  (stored in DCIM of the micro-sd-card) are disapeared. After that time all is ok again ??

What do you mean with: << Hi, ehm ... where should I download your "sos" directory? :).>>
Do you see a chance to get back also the May 18 ??

But I am very very happy to have most days in Portugal recovered. Many thans !!
  •