[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, it makes a difference if you have one item of a kind, like the single button for map switch, or the thene switch,  or if something starts to multiply like rabbits. A single rabbitbis cute, if they flood your garden,  you feel differently ...

PS: currently my left hand side is nearly full with blue "rabbits" already,  andd we are just days into that development. And I would even like the idea of making the right hand buttons slimmer. Keeping the hight, though, to avoid tapping errors.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Well that's what I thought ... problem is a number for you. In this case, number has increased for one single extra button at bottom, nothing more.

Ok, as I wrote, I'll discuss it with Petr and Michal and consider also your opinions, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Sorry, no, this is not increment by one !
If you start to USE the new and good features, then you are cluttered on the left side immediately - and cannot hide it.
And you will add more features over time, which should be accessible at a finger tip - on the bike, in the car, in the wild.
So you will run out of space soon.
  •  

Menion

If you will want to place all features on screen at once, that yes, you are out of space :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on May 13, 2016, 09:57:07
If you will want to place all features on screen at once, that yes, you are out of space :).

The curse of good deeds- there are sooo many useful features :-) !
And I trust there will be more ...
  •  

gynta

After long tap "Datamanager" from top/right panel and choosing "Remove temp map items"
you should also refresh the "eye symbol" status from "map content/Layers/"

tigus

Hello everyone.
While I have made very few forum post, I am a member that I like to read discussions about new features and perhaps contribute ideas on the help desk.
In this issue of new blue buttons on the left, I favorable view of michaelbechtold. Today there is already a very good, practical and customizable method of adding actions (buttons) on panels (both top and left). It could also extend to the right pane.
In addition, these blue buttons to be thinner and longer, perhaps hinder their use in small screen devices or people with large fingers.
While it is not our (users) decision making of this or that form the right pane, if it is possible to think and Menion is in doubt, you could put together a survey (vote) at the help desk and know what everyone thinks users who do not read (or participate) in the forum.
Greetings.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 12, 2016, 08:40:39
@gynta: POI on/off works. ...So better name should be something like "Active points in vector map".
Ah Now i got it - but... seriously? You mix it? brrrr  ;D
What you think about similar to this:

?

gynta

Quote from: michaelbechtoldFC when trying "Move to ...",  reproducable consistently in German and English UI
Quote from: gyntamove points?
Quote from: michaelbechtoldNo, gynta, move map. To a geo coordinate. Locus dies before entry of any data.
from "search"  function?

Quote from: michaelbechtoldRouting -> FC
what of service?

c'mon michael, give clear error description  :)

michaelbechtold

Little time. Wake up call at 4 a.m. preparing for Sicily trip - cruising the Island with the help of Locus, of course. But you are right, Menion needs guidance to reproduce.
1)  search function,  them Move to ...,  then dead
2) Routing via button in right panel,  Brouter service is configured in settings. Routing screen does show up,  then dies after a second or so

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 13, 2016, 09:08:30
Well that's what I thought ... problem is a number for you. In this case, number has increased for one single extra button at bottom, nothing more.

Ok, as I wrote, I'll discuss it with Petr and Michal and consider also your opinions, thanks.
For me buttons on left have increased from zero to one. Surely easy and consistent to have similar visibility control like other buttons and panels, suggestion: settings > Map - control & panels > Left buttons hiding?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

gynta

Quote from: michaelbechtold on May 13, 2016, 22:37:14
1) Search function >  then Move to  > then dead
2) Routing via button in right panel,  Brouter as service. Routing screen does show up,  then dies after a second or so
hm, both problems are not reproducible here on my devices or VM.
If a reboot doesn't help, I think Menion need a logfile...

Joachim Buhl

Hello Menion

I think we need your help.
I'm playing around with BRouter turn instructions, but my beta version (3.16.2.12) doesn't want to use them.
Even with a completely fresh setup on the phone and only Locus Free (Beta) installed, I always get the instructions generated by Locus. See picture two here.
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4064.msg42703#msg42703
If I set from_via_to points and let BRouter generate an GPX with the app it looks like picture one, perfect.

So Brouter works but not within route creation mode in Locus. Brouter is activated in the setup.
Do I have to config something else? Config file? Something in navigation setup?
Some files in special folders?

Thanks
  •  

balloni55

Quote1)  search function,  them Move to ...,  then dead
confirm :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 14, 2016, 08:57:54
I'm playing around with BRouter turn instructions, but my beta version (3.16.2.12) doesn't want to use them.
@Joachim are you using the short-bike profile? short-bike for me is mapped to BRouter trekking.brf which I think is the only profile with new turnInstructionMode=1. It works for me nicely unless I misunderstand your situation.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •