http://help.locusmap.eu/
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Mek

Hi again,
I can't seem to find whether this has been already discussed but... since some Locus or G4L version (don't know which one, sorry...) it started to show geocache logs in wrong order if the geocache was found by more users on the same day. Simply said, order of logs is totally different than on GC.com listing page. Is this a known issue?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hi Mek,

Unfortunately it's a feature since January 18, 2016. Groundspeak decided to drop time part from log date (because they are not able to work with timezones :o, yes stupid).

Starting Monday January 18th, we'll be stripping away the time precision and setting the time to be noon of the date, regardless of timezone. This is the approach that has been used historically by geocaching.com. This change will standardize how the date logged parameter is interpreted across all platforms.

So there is no way to guarantee order of logs on all systems and platforms. I guess on website it's ordered by some internal id, whereas Locus Map order it by date (this is more question for Menion).

By the way we had already discussion about time logging here (in czech language)  [en translation].
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Mek

Thank you very much for your response, Arcao. Yes, the programmers at Groundspeak are acting like... (you know what). I do programming for a living too and cannot understand this step back, it looks like a serious bug in their system. It's bad there is no workaround. :( And of course, their marketing is trying to sell it as a "feature" (like the "starts with" search on geocache name recently).
Btw. Czech language is OK for me, I am Slovak :)
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

balloni55

Hello Arcao
wrong written word, so use e.g.

or näheste
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Martin Sloup

Please change it here and let me know. I will then push the translation to the top to be present in a next version.
  •  

balloni55

this option depend on filter settings, so i vote on getlocalization for "Nahe Caches"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Martin Sloup

•  

stef33

Hello,

I just upgraded Locus and Geocaching4Locus and now I am unable to login in Geocaching4Locus.
When I click in Settings/Account/Connection, I get a popup window "Internet access unavailable. Please verify your connection" (translated from french).
Of course, my connection is ok, and I have restarted my phone.
Any idea ?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I noticed yesterday three similar problems. May you please try it today? Looks like a problem on gc.com server, because all seems to work now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hi,

Sorry for late answer. I tried to sign in a same day as you sent the post and it worked without problem. But it seems Groundspeak has some trouble with servers on their side as menion wrote. Anyway if it happen again, please send the app logs with Preferences -> About -> Send feedback action and I will look on it.
  •  

togtog

I import all my cache with Geocaching4Locus.

Every time I have to again later start Offlinizer to also come to the images.
On my wish list for locus and / or the Geocaching4Locus is high because it always annoys me.

Or I have all the time to do some?
Galaxy S7Edge, Android 7.0

Rechtschreibfehler ? Meine Tastatur ist schuld !
  •  

Menion

Good day togtog,
what exactly annoys you? That you have to always run "GC offlinizer" manually after download of caches? Because loading of images may take really really long time, I consider better to start it later manually when you are sure, for which caches you wants images and you also know that you have enough time to leave device for a while on table.
Anyway feel free to create a new topic on help desk http://help.locusmap.eu/ , if you consider this feature as useful for more users.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

MartyMcFly89

Hello. I have problems updating my geocaches lately. When trying to update cache OR download logs, it gives me error (Unfortunately, Geocachig4Locus has stopped) and nothing is updated, no logs are downloaded.

EDIT: It's been doing for few days now, maybe it's related to the latest update?
  •  

balloni55

i didn´t get an error message,
but i can´t update a single cache from cache detail screen :-[
updating a complete folder of caches work :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •