old offline addresses discussion

Started by balloni55, March 08, 2016, 12:40:38

balloni55

Hello Petr,
sorry for trouble :P
now after i´ve delete an very old "germany.osm.db" in folder, reverse search work well ;D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

Postcodes are obtained from house data ( if house contains any information about postal code)  - see tag "addr:postcode" in https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/90580087
There aren't any house address data nearby your attempts like Bernhauser strasse, Richtogodenstrasse. Locus search for houses around but because no house is found then only street name is shown. In this situation is not shown the postal code because only houses can contain information about postcode.

I can understand that in real world have house and street the same postcode but in OSM data street does not know anything about postcode.
  •  

Kona

Hi,

Tried offline search on Beta Version (flight mode) and works lovely in Poland, but not having luck in England, specifically London area. Most of the streets pop up with auto-filling and are visible in alphabetical order but those what I was looking for, sadly not.
Reverse geocoding shows all streets which I pointed (*) including these not existing in offline search, so I guess the names are in a .db file but do not appear in offline search.

What might make that error?

Also my understanding is if we have no Locus map (having few Locus maps and few OAM maps too) the .db file is not visible by locus, right?

I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,  would you  post some examples,  screenshot,  names,  etc.,  please?

There's no restriction and address DB should work with OAM maps. Map file and address db file have to have the same namepart.  On other hand address db with OAM  can complicate map autoloading because address db contains information about coverage of map file. 

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

•  

michaelbechtold

What is the use of this linkage between map file and db file ? You can activate autoloading, then Locus will find the right map anyway. If you deactivate that,  you take responsibility to select the right map for your target yourself. Such approach gives freedom of choice for vector maps, without playing with map names. And takes the complications away that you mention, right ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

"map" files itself do not have defined precise borders so autoloading don't work correctly in cases, you have a larger country. For example if you display whole Germany and then you move to Czech Republic, Czech map will almost never be "auto-loaded" because bounding rectangle of Germany is really huge. Because of this, we needs to get more precise borders of map to Locus and this is best possibility.

EDIT: anyway as Petr wrote, it may complicate only "auto-loading", on manual selection it has no effect.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Kona

It looks like there is a mess somewhere in OSM base, not sure. :)
Some streets are available using

Country (England) > City > Street

Some only:

Country (England) > Borough > City > Street (Still looking in London which has 32 boroughs).

But again some boroughs exist in offline base some not.
Searching offline for these streets in Lambeth borough (part of London) makes no results:

Acre Lane
Strathleve Rd
Brixton Hill (Two Brixton... apprear but there is more Brixton names in London in Brixton (district)
All above are in London, Lambeth Borough
or most in London.

Summary, if you don't know all 32 boroughs of London, or don't know the borough of searched street it might be difficult.
Also in England db there is London and City of London, probably for that I need a map :P

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, don't know, in other countries offline search works easily.

-------------------

Right, when changed Norway.map (OAM) to norway.osm.map works perfect with norway.osm.db. (db appears), thanks.

I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •  

voldapet

@kona
Thank you I've checked the London and there are some weakness. I'll try to improve it. However could I ask you for advice?  In OSM data are "City of London" and "London" separated individual cities. In current or improved solution streets from City of London are not part of London. Is it correct? Or Should London contain also streets from "City of London"? Is London synonym for Greater London?

Important info for everyone - In today's Locus beta version is standard offline search corrupted (reverse should work properly). It'll be fixed on Friday with updated address db files
  •  

wvb

I think I am missing something.
Regular offline search works fine but for reverse I just get the word "Point".
Any help is appreciated :-)

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

•  

Kona

@Voldapet

Quote from: voldapet on March 22, 2016, 19:07:15
In OSM data are "City of London" and "London" separated individual cities.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/65606#map=14/51.5131/-0.1002
"For ceremonial purposes Greater London excludes the City of London; For administrative purposes the 'City' is included."
The City of London is a city and county within London.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London

Quote from: voldapet on March 22, 2016, 19:07:15In current or improved solution streets from City of London are not part of London. Is it correct? Or Should London contain also streets from "City of London"?
So if: "For administrative purposes the 'City' is included" I guess these streets should be in London also, but this is confusing.
From my point of view all streets should be in London, these from City of London and other 32 boroughs (33 boroughs in total).

Quote from: voldapet on March 22, 2016, 19:07:15Is London synonym for Greater London?
Yes, "Greater London, or London, is a region of England consisting of 33 districts: the 32 London boroughs and the City of London".

Thank you,

I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •  

voldapet

@kona
thank you for explanation. We've changed the generation process so in the next version of DB files should be improved

@wvb
Honestly there is probably some mess in version of beta versions and DB files. We'll release in next days new Locus version and also new version of address db files. We can focus on it after that release
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWe'll release in next days new Locus version and also new version of address db files.
Hello Petr,
new Locus version is available :) when can we expect the new address db?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

Quotewhen can we expect the new address db?
well, new databases will be prepared with next beta version...thanks
  •  

Kona

After last update of Locus Pro only Reverse geocoding works for me even if I'm online and Search Address is switched for Search Address (Online).
For this moment I posses three countries dbs, so those three do not pick up addresses online, only *offline.

Going to any other country online (which I do not have db of) I'm able to see full postal address (including post code if available) holding my finger on.

BTW, is it  possible to include post codes in db files? Or files might be to big?
In Britain for instance most people search post codes as they are more specific as street names.

I know that would need to make another search way as we have already Country > City > Street. In Britain that would be Country > Post Code. I can imagine as that option is probably too much, for most of the countries.

I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •