[APP] - version 3.12.x (05. 10. 2015)

Started by Menion, September 25, 2015, 06:28:58

Christian

Can't read decriptions of tracks in GPSies _before_ downloading. Can see only few words in track list / search list.

The description within a track is gone after download and import into Locus db :(
  •  

Menion

Hello Christian, it is more a feature request http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/gpsies-additional-track-description . Well it is also partially and issue caused by system, how Locus works with tracks from GPSies. What we were thinking is that instead of downloading tracks to mapItems directory, we should import it directly into Locus database into some special, automatically created, folder (or offer choose as during "import"?), what you and others think, does it make a sense?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Hi Menion,
I would like to read the description _before_ downloading the track. And instead of download the track into mapitems it would be better to import the whole track "as it is" into the database as a normal track with common import dialog.
  •  

balloni55

i also support Christians two suggestions
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

LocusUser#1

I think the same way as Christian, for me it would be so most sense.
  •  

ta-ka

Hi menion,

In the improved main menu in Locus 3.12.2.2:
- 'Maps' button appears twice. (1st and 6th button)
- The space for the text (only one line) is not enough for some button.
  •  

Menion

Hello ta-ka,

there were previously only five active buttons and six unvisible was set to "map" also. Unfortunately now is visible and as you may see, it display twice. New users will see correct list of six buttons, old users (like you) may long-click on any function and change it manually. Anyway thanks, I'll try to do something with it.

"Space for texts" - you mean in top six buttons? Hmm do you have an screenshot please? With two lines it will look really bad ...
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
- #53, dot problem is solved :)
- set changed search option #45, your answer #49 no change/improvement
- Recommend, see screenshot and question: when will be this Locoins added to user account ?

EDIT:
inside invitation mail "download locus map" is not a clickabable link

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
a really little bug (in 3.12.2 and 3.12.3):
every selected offline map is displayed in red except OutdoorActive Summer.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

ta-ka

If new users will see the correct icons, that's good. Yes, I'm old user with a bit experience, I knew the way to change the icons. ;)  In any case, I agree it is also good thing to improve it for existing users but not very well experienced.

About Icon's texts in main menu:
1) The first image is 'main menu' of Locus 3.12.2. The text of 'Import data' in Japanese is fully shown.
2) The second image is the 'main menu' of Locus 3.12.2.2. The last character of 'Import data' is not shown. I guess the begger font size raises the problem.
3) The third image is 'More functions' of Locus 3.12.2.2. The text of 'Share & Export data' is fully shown in two lines. I say that the text folding position is not very nice, but I doesn't look really bad as you said because there is no lack of characters and the alignment of the icons are perfect.

•  

gynta

Hm why "Locus Store" and "Web service" are out of the "Locus World" now?
Looks not cleaned up

Menion

@balloni55: #45, thanks, done

I've send screenshot to Petr, who will improve it. LoCoins will be added when new user login to Locus Store. This is information that is wrote in email he receive. Should this be known to you to? Hmm, I'll forward this to Michael :)

And non-clickable link ... to Petr :)

@tramp20: nice, thanks. Happen to me to, I'll fix it.

@gynta: we were thinking about reducing amount of items in second part of menu and this is result. Locus World is considered to be something around Locus, so support, add-ons, co-apps, friends, etc. Store and Web services are closer to basic functionality of Locus so ...
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
both versions have today changed the automatic backup time to one hour earlier (summer to standard time).
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

recommendation, additional improvement/questions:
- i send recommendation to a friend with german language ID in mail address e.g. aaa@online.de so it would be a benefit invitation mail he get is in german.
- my recommendation was send to e.g.  aaa@online.de, but my friendĀ“s login to googleplay is another mail address, he install "LocusFree" over playstore, start Locus, enter locus store without necessity to login
QuoteLoCoins will be added when new user login to Locus Store
he download free map and use it, you got a new satisfied locus user ;) 8)
and where is my income  ???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •