[APP] - version 3.12.x (05. 10. 2015)

Started by Menion, September 25, 2015, 06:28:58

balloni55

QuoteI think it is not a problem.
no it isn´t a problem for me ;)
Quote"color and width" - hmm try to check your global settings
sorry i´m a fool :-[

one small additional behavior i noticed and it´s not a problem for me !
if i change any activity and click on "SET" this changes are not finaly set, so e.g. if i go back changes are lost.
Changed activities are finaly set with first click on "search"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

next question :-[
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=dwrntgkrtvfpoqdv
on GPSies page i see uphill 51 m and downhill 60 m.
if i download this track as .gpx and import it to locus i see uphill 63 m and downhill 73 m.
if i download file via Locus/Web service/GPSies/Map ithem i see uphill 90 m and downhill 100 m

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

I get offered version 3.12.1 again from playstore but i have updated already to 3.12.1.
Whats wrong?
  •  

jusc

@Christian,
I have this problem "every time"  :-) Try it once again. or choose another app in play store and go back to Locus later.
Second try mostly solves the problem, at least for me.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@Christian and @jusc , I can do nothing with this, such problem is not on our side, sorry

@balloni55: no problem with lines, you know - too much various settings :).

About GPSies activities - I'm aware of this. I was also thinking about it and was not sure about correct behavior. If remember all settings no matter what you do or store settings only when your press search (or rotate a screen). I have one nice plan for improvements so I'll probably change it to what you suggest - save everytime. Thanks for feedback.

And tracks uphill/downhill values ... well, fact that values are different then on GPSies is not a problem because every app use different algorithm. But fact that values inside Locus based on two methods are different is funny. Have to check it why it happen. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteHave to check it why it happen.
the elevation values in geojson file are different

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on October 09, 2015, 12:41:48
@Christian and @jusc , I can do nothing with this, such problem is not on our side, sorry

I know, no problem.  ;D
Regards J.
  •  

Christian

When i use "add new route & measure" i can call "show chart" (the call displays the statistics ;) ).
In statistics there are uphill and downhill values. This is a very nice feature but the values are wrong.
If i save the track and go to statistics of the new track the values are smaller than before.
Would be nice to have reliable values during planning (without savingthe track).

•  

balloni55

can´t insert a dot with keyboard, see video
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jajaballard

I can confirm the behavior described by Christian.

Gruß
Ralf
von Mobil

•  

jajaballard

Question: Why is my test version suddenly only Locus Free version?

Gruß
Ralf
von Mobil

•  

john_percy

Because there is no beta version at present. The Store version of the app is fully up to date.
Once Menion releases a new beta, your Locus Free will update to a beta version of locus pro (more or less)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

john_percy

When a vector map redraws on changing themes it sometimes results in one of the squares displaying black areas. Scrolling the map so that part goes off the screen and bringing it back on forces a correct redraw. It's not terribly reproducible but it does keep happening.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

I can confirm this, but I'm not sure if it is a new problem. I think I've seen it in previous versions already.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: quite interesting with your track. No matter what I do, I always see only -100/+90 downhill/uphill values. What should I do please, to get third possible values? Thanks ... ah sorry, I've read it once more ... oki, I've downloaded GPX and for my suprise, altitude values in GPX itself are different :).

@Christian: quite complicated task for me ...
one explanation here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/elevation-object-in-dashboard
and one more similar topic with my final answer here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/wrong-elevation-gain-during-recording#comment-16777

So difference between values during recording and after save should be quite close ... ah same with answer to balloni55, after I read it once more ... we talk about chart from "Add new route", hmmm ... good point, thanks, improved.

Just please keep in mind, that if you draw a track as plain points (lines are not computed for navigation), Locus then interpolate values between points (every 10 m) to correctly display chart and stats. Anyway such points are not saved to database.

@balloni55: problem with dot, funny, thanks

@jajaballard: as @john_percy correctly mentioned. When there is new version compare to test version, then is no need to keep test version as Locus Pro ;)

@john_percy: hmm, you will understand this - seems to be some racing problem between rendering of same place by some old thread (previous draw cycle) and new thread (new tile). I'll be watching this, but it will be really complicated to simulate and fix :/
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •