Smart sorting of offline maps

Started by Menion, September 28, 2015, 11:11:39

Menion

Hello guys,

in new version of Locus 3.12.0 is a new option in map manage > tab offline, for "Smart" sorting of offline maps.

This option bring quite a lot of emotions last weeks. I would like to discuss this feature with all interested here, without emotions etc.

So, if anyone has something to say, in short please, give me a feedback so I may improve this option.

I believe that sorting of maps is confusing and needs an improvements. This is reason why I started to work on this option, where an sub-regions are merged into one item, vector maps has flags based on it's country etc. I'll gladly listed some logical feedback that may helps to make this feature usable (or convince me to remove it completely).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on September 28, 2015, 11:11:39

in new version of Locus 3.12.0 is a new option in map manage > tab offline, for "Smart" sorting of offline maps.

the smart sorting is not perfect:
Screen1:
under Maps I have a directory (?) "KOMPASS" and two OutdoorActive maps   --> false (this should show a OA directory.
Screen2:
in "KOMPASS" I see three Kompass maps                                                  --> correct.
Screen3:
in "OutdoorActive" I see only one OA map                                                    --> false (this should show three maps.

The two OA maps from screen1 are bought from your store, the other "Tirol 17" is downloaded from your server with the 10000 tiles limit/day.

Screen1:

Screen2:

Screen3:

Screen4 is the directory structur in /Locus/maps:

Now I am a little bit irritated: the smart sorting looks much better as the old one but I have to think about my directories again. it is not perfect
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

jusc

That´s what John and I discussed with menion two weeks ago.
I´m not smart enough to understand this or to see the advantage.  ???
I use the normal directory sorting for average users. Thanks to menion to keep up this "old and normal" sorting too.
Btw. the banners in front of the Locus maps are usefull (at least for me) to distinguish the Locus store maps from maps from other sources.
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

There is something here I don't get. I have all my vector maps in one folder, named /storage/sdcard1/LocusMaps/mapsVector. Here is the so-called smart display for my maps, with the folders both collapsed and expanded:

It really looks like two different folders, in two different locations, MAPS and MAPSVECTOR, doesn't it? What is gained by that?
Below is an indication of what would work for me:

One folder, with Locus Store maps indicated by  an "L".
Of course I don't see the flags that some of you do as Locus doesn't know anything about flags for the constituent nations of the United Kingdom.  >:(

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Same here for MAPS and MAPSVECTOR folders (picture 1).

In terms of flags, of course there should be flags for GB and Ireland at least. Or do you expect flags for England, Scottland etc too?
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

England and Scotland do have their own flags, while the map of Ireland covers both the Republic of Ireland (Eire) and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. But no matter, I mentioned the flags by way of explanation rather than complaint.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Michal

For me the new sorting option is much better than the previous one. Now I clearly see my purchased LoMaps in one "L" folder sorted by states. Other maps are in two MAPS directories, one for vector maps, other for rasters. One thing I would appreciate - either merge these two MAPS directories in one - OR rename the vector MAPS to MAPSVECTOR (the first option preferred).

old sorting vers new sorting in my case:

PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

jusc

@Michal
How looks it, if you load "complete Germany" map into mapsVector /Europe?
Regards J.
  •