Locus Store

Started by jusc, March 06, 2015, 16:43:34

tramp20

Quote from: gynta on July 03, 2015, 23:39:09
Now we (I) have to verify and compare experiences and test results from other users.
slow server, slow server scripts, slow connection on my side, slow connection on your side,...
If I have any news - I will post it here...

Perhaps 30-45 secs :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@tramp20: and how we should know it? I personally saw OA maps from mapTweak max on some screenshot, I've never used them. Suggest to try a 7 days trial for online subscription and compare it by yourself.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

connecting to store from details of the map list works for me within 20s.
What's the difference of  german outdoor active map -> details -> store... and german outdoor active map -> store?
It shows a different behavior.
  •  

Menion

guys thanks, seems that Petr should improve his server solution ;). Interesting that for me it loads just in few secs ...

@Christian: hmm for me it looks like both leads to same place. Do you really mean link to Store from details screen of OutdoorActive map and link to Store from three dot menu of OA map in list of online maps?
  •  

Christian

Yes. I tried it many times. The behavior is different when going the both ways to store after restarting Locus. After couple of tries is the same. So I guess its a matter of generating lists and options from server. Quiet complicated to explain.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on July 04, 2015, 09:04:50
guys thanks, seems that Petr should improve his server solution
nono, please wait for verifying on my side...
tested now on a other device without wlan and it works also in few seconds

balloni55

V 3.9.3.7
OA in store:
ten das ago i subscribe to OA (7 days for free) and unsubscribe after 6 days  :)
Yesterday i open subscription page in store and see furthermore text "7 days for free"
i subscribe oncemore, ok 99 LOC are gone.
Not a problem, but the text "7 days for free" should disapeare if user have already used this voucher.
Also it schould be discribed more conspicuously, that these maps are only Onlinemaps and not downloadable !

after reading the discription of mapdownload and i´m aware "download is only one times possible", i start download of one OA map "summer Stuttgart"
After ~ 5% download didn´t continue. 15 minutes later i try to stop locus and get a popup window with option:
"do you want to close locus and continue download later" i confirmed it.
But this is not possible !  :-[ ok you discribed it however the popup misleading
So i own a offline map of Stuttgart ZL 10-14 for 150 LOC 50% discount ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@gynta: no worry, Petr is out of work till monday

@balloni:
- hmm oki, we should improve this text a little bit :) , but I believe that it is quite logical, that 7 day trial period is applied only once. Anyway
- "not downloadable" - word "online" is there, together with title, 4 times!
- what you mean by "didn't continue"? Download of one map may take up to half of hour because of huge amount of layers. Locus displayed any error message? And what is not possible? Stop and continue later? Should be, have to try it, thanks.

So in the end, do you have download Stuttgart map or not? :)
  •  

balloni55

Quotewhat you mean by "didn't continue"?
the progress bar stay at 5% and nothing else happen
no error message
QuoteStop and continue later? Should be, have to try it,
I'm curious :)
Quotedo you have download Stuttgart map or not?
yes, but only ZL 10-14
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Damn, whole map downloaded correctly on my device after 12 minutes.

Anyway you are correct. I've aborted download after few tiles and tiny map is downloaded in Locus/maps/outdooractive directory, but in Store is map visible as "purchase" and button "remove" do nothing. This is of course incorrect, because map is not yet fully downloaded. So there should be correctly "purchased", but also button "download" for continue in download.

I've fixed it now. Map should be marked as downloaded in moment, last tile is downloaded. It is system we have created and I think it is fair enough. So this "abort" have to allow continue later over store.

Glad you wrote me because I had almost version ready for publish!

So try to re-download your map with new 3.10.0 version, I believe it will work. Why anyway download stopped after five percents, do not know :(. Maybe try to create a log next time, thank you!
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSo try to re-download your map with new 3.10.0 version, I believe it will work
confirm i was able now to continue this download :)
it takes 30 minutes, mapsize 88MB, ZL10-15
thanks for turbo solving ;D
next question:
in discription you write about downloaded map scale 1:25000, but noting about zoomlevel :-[
and so i´m i little bit disappointed to get maximum ZL15, i expected up ZL17 similar in onlinemap
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: balloni55 on July 04, 2015, 19:23:12
[
and so i´m i little bit disappointed to get maximum ZL15, i expected up ZL17 similar in onlinemap

I too, my already downloaded maps (1-2 years ago with 10.000 tiles/day) have 9-17, the new maps only 10-15. That is really bad.
But I will write in another post my opinion/remarks.

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

@menion
I don't know if this is a Locus or a outdoor map problem:
I have downloaded yesterday one map on my Sony Z1c and copied this database to my second phone and to Bluestacks.
On the Z1c I can see this map in Locus pro and free.
On my second phone I see this map only in Locus pro, but not in Locus free: I get there "Zugriff verweigert".
On Bluestacks  the map does not show in Locus pro but in Locus free.

I have no clue where to search.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Guys, if map in zoom 15 has more then 100 MB, then one same map in zoom 17 will be at least 1600 MB, single map!

So downloading around 8 hours? 8 GB card may contain only five maps? Hmm ...

About usage maps on different device: check if you have in Locus Store enabled exactly same account you used for purchase.
  •  

tramp20

Now the main post to the new OutdoorActive maps:

1. Choice and download is (for me) perfect as all your programming work :-)
2. As mentioned 2 posts before I am not happy with the zoom level 10-15 as my already downloaded maps have 9-17.
3.The card layer are completely unusable: I assume Alpstein has automatically generated the MTB and hiking themes because they make absolute no sense (I looked at several locations near my village or my main MTB tracks).
3 The Alpstein summer maps have the same state as my old ones.

So I am really disappointed (not with your work!) but with these expensive Alpstein maps. I have to download 6-8 maps for my region but this is not worth of.

Nevertheless thank you for your work.

User ID acc406201
  •