Add Picture quick link

Started by MaciejMatuszak, March 21, 2011, 02:20:56

MaciejMatuszak

Currently the ability to add picture is bit ockward. Need to create point then find again edit and then add picture.
would be nice if there would be a short-cut button i.e. on the right toolbar that would just open camera window and create the point automatically. Separate naming template for the picture waypoints would be good as well.

Regards Maciej
  •  

elmuSSo

I totally agree! There are two issues with that.

1. Lest say, you are driving a car with some nice speed. You just seen something interesting, clicking on Crete POI button, then dialog for the POI's name is appearing. It takes 7 seconds to fill the name box, you are clicking OK. POI created... hundred or several hundreds meters away. POI should be created at the time when I clicked on Create POI button.

2. The same situation is with adding photos. LEt's say you are going slower, but still, in this situation you can forget about have the chance to make a photo of the POI. ( adding new POI, filling its name box, clicking Ok, clicking on the point itself somewhere on the map, sliding down, clicking on the add photo button)

menion, please consider adding new button somewhere "Add photo with POI" or something like that. Dik!
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  but for this is custom "right pabel" button, where you have already filled name "Point", so you just click on "+" button on right panel and press "OK". If you want add photo, you should do it by pressing "Take a photo" right on first screen ... isn't it fast enough?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

elmuSSo

Looks sensible, I didn't see that plus button before, it was a matter of adding it manualy I presume. My bad. Menion, can You just put the "Take a photo" button somewhere more higher? To not waste a time for sliding down to find it? I know its just a few milliseconds, but then I need to get into Camera app which will take another time, so every millisecond counts:)
  •  

Menion

yes this is possible. Also count that this "Photo feature" was done on one request a long time ago and since then, no response, no comment ... so I can update it a little more, if there will be any good idea. I personally do not use camera in phone (prefer normal camera), so I have no experience with this ...
  •  

elmuSSo

Just try to place some small icon somewhere when there will be instant/fast access to: catch actual GPS coordinates and then open camera app. So when you will come back from camera app, you will see new POI window with already filled GPS coordinates. that would be great.

And when You have thumbnails of photos in the POI, please make them clickable/zoomable/openable.

Diky
  •  

elmuSSo

The new place for adding photo is cool.
But, is there any chance to create a new mode? :
1. Clicking button - camera app is opening
2. Taking a picture and saving - we are coming back to Locus app...
3. ...and see a popup window with new POI creation with the GPS coords of WHERE THE PICTURE HAS BEEN TAKEN (taking coords from geotag of the photo or catch the moment of exiting from Camera app)
  •  

Menion

try new testing version here on forum ;)
  •  

Rob

Great feature, Menion, like it much.
Little problem: if you do not wait long enough after taking a foto to get a GPSfix, the POI is not stored.

When app switches to camera, GPS signal is lost and it takes a while to fix it again.
Maybe you can avoid to loose GPS when clicking the +foto button. It should not drastically decrease accupower.
Rob
  •  

Menion

hmm you're correct with GPS. ok, problem solved ...
  •  

kelddaug

Menion : I  would like a add a photo button beside take photo, in geodata edit too..is that possible .?
Kelddaug
  •  

Menion

hmm not sure I understand where you want to have "take photo" button ... explain please more precisely
  •  

elmuSSo

I think he just wants to associate the photo from his sd-card to the POI. Indeed, that could be usefull, I already needed that feature a few times.
  •  

Menion

it's already done ;) ... I was working on it whole yesterday ... will be in next testing version ...

EDIT: testing version is uploaded ...
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: "menion"it's already done ;) ... I was working on it whole yesterday ... will be in next testing version ...

EDIT: testing version is uploaded ...
Hey I can't dl the test version, but it was in poi edit I was missing a add photo button...beside the take photo button.
  •