France vector map - hide street numbers

Started by franc, May 28, 2015, 21:24:07

franc

Hello
I have downloaded two weeks ago the France vector map from the locus store. This map has the poi database which is very useful and great!
I like it.
But one thing is a Bit a problem: the blue street numbers, see screenshot:

I don't know how to make them invisible or if it's possible at all.
In small zoom these numbers take the whole view, they cover the streets.
Possible to disable them?
Is it maybe a bug or just  the design of the map?

Thank's,
Frank
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
sorry that's a bug. It'll be fixed in next version.
BTW: I suggest to download World vector map that's quite useful as overview map in low zoom. You can download it for free in Menu > Store > Worldwide > World base map. This map is automatically shown for zoom-level < 9
  •  

gynta

hi franc(e)

Quote from: voldapet on May 28, 2015, 22:12:00
sorry that's a bug. It'll be fixed in next version.

anyway because here on my map it looks not soo bad  - similar but yours has more hiccup than mine :)

what theme?

what of map resolution? (settings - map adv - adv settings)

voldapet

The problem was in blue captions, that were shown through all internal themes and in all zoom levels.
  •  

franc

Quote from: gynta on May 28, 2015, 22:42:12
what theme?

what of map resolution? (settings - map adv - adv settings)
all themes, but I use Wandern as I do walking.
I have 100% text resolution.
Ok if it's a bug, I learn to live with it ;)

Thanks all lot for quick answer :)

EDIT: just downloaded the world map, but here I see for example in zoom 7 the name of the city Orleans but not Paris!!!
Then when Paris is shown, the font is smaller than Orleans, a city with a 20th of population.
The visibility rules here is neither good but for city names worse.
I see the name of Clermont-Ferrand but not Lyon, a city with 10 times the population, etc.
Never mind, that's OSM bugs, one day this works all :)
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

voldapet

Sorry I didn't mention that issue with blue labels is fixed and release of new version is planned today. About Paris label - honestly the texts in vector maps are our "nightmare" There are some limitation for example we aren't able to influence the priority which label shown in case of collision. For this reason is smaller town shown. However text size for Paris show be bigger then rest of town. Please see my screenshot in attachment.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: voldapet on June 02, 2015, 10:42:15
Sorry I didn't mention that issue with blue labels is fixed and release of new version is planned today.
Not fixed for me with internal theme on today's new release

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

voldapet

@john_percy
Well this is no at bug but the "goal". This is result of developing themes in country with poor motorway coverage :). I'll change the labeling of motorway in internal themes. See the same theme but for Czech Rep
  •