How do I get map to show track up, not north up?

Started by rob54321, May 22, 2015, 11:25:29

rob54321

Hi, I want the map in locus pro to show track up, not north up when I move. I have selected follow me and rotate maps. The map still shows north up when I move. I want track up when not actually navigating.
How do I do this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
  •  

gynta

you have to
... be sure, you have an SATfix
... enable "rotate map" (-> manual [8])
... enable "centering button" (-> manual [7])
... (if you want) enable "hold map center" (settings - map control & panels - hold map center)
... move

rob54321

I have gps fix 3D, accuracy 3 meters. I selected "rotate map" bottom left. It still shows me moving sideways across the screen when I'm moving west. When I move south the map scrolls up the screen. I am not talking about while navigating. I have selected follow me, rotate maps. It does show my position in the center, but north is always up no matter which way I am moving.

I pressume a gps fix which it does. I have been standing outside. 22 satellites in view and accuracy is down to 3 meters. Also the gps has been on for a long time. This is the same problem with all 3 my devices.

Also osmand works correctly on all my devices. Track up.
  •  

Menion

Please post a screenshot of your map screen, GPS screen and Menu > Settings > GPS settings screen, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rob54321

•  

prawns

Check your settings in menu--->"sensors" as well

Untick "use hardware compass" if your device doesnt have one. You might also want to play with the speed at which it swaps to using GPS derived direction (GPS derived direction wont work unless your moving though)  Just somthing else to check maybe (mine works ok with map rotation)

rob54321

I think that was the problem. It was ticked. Thanks for all your help.
  •  

prawns

rob54321

•  

prawns

I just hope we arnt "counting our chickens before they hatch" hahahhaha

I guess the next time you use locus we will find out if that was the issue or not.

rob54321

It works track up without navigation, as long as the hardware compass is not checked. This thread is SOLVED. Thanks a ton. Getting to like locus now.
  •  

berkley

Quote from: rob54321 on May 22, 2015, 11:25:29
Any help would be appreciated.

How I love this sentence... in general.
Have read this for about 100 times in real, but it feels like 1000 times.

Is it just a saying like "Have a nice weekend!" or do they really appreciate your help by offering you a couch, if needed, or by helping to save some whales from drowning?

@Mods, feel free to edit or delete this post... ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •