A lot of wishes

Started by neserg, March 21, 2011, 16:39:20

neserg

Hi, menion!

First of all, thank you for this great app!
I've just started using of program, so i'm apologise for possible neewby questions.
Scope - mostly biking/hiking/long walk in the woods

Let's start:

0. Translate "Basic Info", settings for sensors and some others into other language
1. More defaul icons, especially forks and turns for markings forest paths on the map
2. Saving (exporting) current recorded track without stopping of record (button on record track mode panel) [done]
3. Ability of splitting current recorded track into GPX segments (button on record track mode panel)
4. Ability of overlay on map configurable data fields (for all application's variables) with configurable font, color, transparency
5. Trip copmuter - a separate screen with freely configurable data fields for all possible application's variables
6. Configurable screen with data plot of altitude/speed/acceleration for current recorded track [in dev]
7. One button for quick switching between screens: map/data manager/trip computer/data plot/guiding
8. User configurable top panel info box
9. Add left panel with configurable buttons
10. User-defined order of buttons on left/right panels [done, undocumented]
11. Hide panels with retention of tongue
12. Guiding mode panel with buttons for: stop guiding, skip current and go to next point, configure parameters of guiding, ...
13. Not only manualy created path, but also following to any imported GPX track (with configurable warnings about deviation on X meters) [done]
14. Counting steps and calories during travel (specially for ladies:)
15. SMS exchange beetwin 2 devices with Locus: "I'm here", "See you there", ...
16. Time sync from GPS (if not supported by Adroid itself)
17. Button on right/left panel for quick shot and automatic creating of waypoint for current track [done]
18. Abibity of track recording include waypoints for exporting to KML
19. Creation of a route by direct pointing, like: 3000m straight on, then turn left at 30 degrees (or azimuth 330), then again direct 250m and so on...
20. Widget for Android

Enough for today...
Thanks in advance for at least part of the implementation :)
  •  

damon6768

2, 5, 6, and 17 would be perfect for me also.  I have been reading the forums some and have noticed one or two that mention the ability to seperate the tracks.  I use mine alot for work.  I have drawn tracks and mark roads that are closed or one way on my Galaxy tablet.  Those are saved under drawn tracks.  I also use google earth which is imported in and in the imported category.  Also, I save tracks as I drive.  Now sometimes I might use all three for one city in one day.  I also have various tracks I use depending on where I have to go that day.   I organize them based on name of the venue I am going...so there might be 40 or so ministry of XXXXX on my to go way point list.  But I have them broken down by city on my google earth list.  I would like to seperate the tracks and waypoints together by cities.  Is that possible???  or going to be possible in the future???  Another reason to have it is when I update waypoints or tracks I make duplicates of the new folder I bring in.  I am just trying to figure a way to update several things on my master list which everyone at work uses as a data base...and easily import it to the program with out having to worry that someone with less knowledge about the program won't get have a double name of a track or way point and pick the wrong one.  (your program is speading here...in the past month at least 10 people have started using it.)
  •  

mare

17 please!--(OK!  :D )
  •  

Menion

neserg, this is just so long list of wishes, that I have no power to answer on it :D
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

neserg

Make love, not war
Write code, not answer!
Don't waste your strength on the answers, and better answer by thousands lines of code.
OK, i can try to make a "feature-tracking" from my list.
  •  

Menion

ok ;)

2 - done
6 - big part done (works fine for me)
10 - it's there, just uncheck all and then check in order you want ;)
  •  

sandbiker

Hi Guys,

14. Please!!!! OK.

Thanks

•  

Menion

Search and vote for wanted features here: http://help.locusmap.eu/ ;)
  •