Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

JoxM

That's what I wanted to hear :).
Can't wait for next version :)
Thanks for the information...
  •  

Martin Sloup

Damn, yes, you are right. Sorry for my mystify. I tested it with Locus Map 3.7.1.3. When I spoke with Menion, he told me that it should work also with 3.7.0. I didn't test with this version.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Menion

Really? Hmm for me it looks so long since I did some fixes around this issue, that I was more then sure, that latest public version is already correct.

Sorry for that!!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Mek

The coordinates in "Nearest" dialog are working correctly in newest versions, thanks for the fix! :)
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

peterchr

Just installed on a new phone. HTC M8 running CyanogenMod 12.1.

Was trying to login to my account. It kept telling me I was entering an incorrect user name or password. Tried resetting my password on geocaching.com.  Still couldn't login. I am now getting the error shown in the attached photo. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling locus and Geocaching4Locus. The error persists. Suggestions? Thank you.

•  

Martin Sloup

Hi peterchr,

It seems your time or timezone is not correct in your device. Could you check it in your Android settings?
  •  

peterchr

I have the time set automatically from my carrier, so it is correct.  I just tried logging in again, and now it is working. All is right with the world.  :)
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hello Guys,

Grounspeak introduced expiration of access token yesterday, which app get in sign on process. I have prepared a new version of add-on which handle this expiration properly also with other critical bug fixes.

Unfortunately I have a little problem to publish this new version to Google Play (some violation of intellectual property). I am in communication with Google Play team to solve this.

Until I solve the problem with Google Play, you can solve the error message "The access token is expired. (3)" with sign out and sign on again in add-on Settings - Account. Or install this new version manually from bellow link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijmbnyncgeoe8bb/Geocaching4Locus-2.0.3.apk?dl=0

Version 2.0.3:
• Added Chinese (Taiwan) language
• Properly handling of access token expiration error
• Fixed a lot of critical bugs
• Send Feedback action attach logs to e-mail (Please prefer this way for contact me)
  •  

Marcus Aurelius

The workaround (login, logout) doesnt work. Screen menu's dont fit the post etc etc
The downloaded new version did the job in Locus Pro.
Locus Free, again another crash ... Fail   Exception: LiveGeocachingApiException

•  

Joachim_Wagner

Hi Arcao,
I tried to install the new version via Dropbox. Doesn't solve the problem. Also a complete uninstall and reinstall was not sucessful. Any updates on the new version in official Google Play?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

•  

jonny.blue

Hi,
I started to use the geocaching feature within Locus ...  8)

But ... I have some questions:  ::)
- normaly with every found cache I log the visit of my personal coin. Where can I do so? (Without entering the tracking number every time?). Is there a setting anywhere for autovisit?
- often I have a "foreign" TB with me in my inventory. Is there an easy way to log a visit too?
- How can I upload a photo to this "foreign" TB-Log?
- after a cache tour I want to check my fieldnotes ... and maybe correct and upload them. Where can I find a list of my fieldnotes?
- After a cache day I want to see all my "touched" caches. Is there a list of recently watched caches?

•  

balloni55

Hi jonny.blue
all your questions are offtopic in this thread  ::) GC4L is not responsible for these
for sure it is not easy to know where is an action done inside locus and associated addons ;)
so i´l  try to give you answers
Quotenormaly with every found cache I log the visit of my personal coin. Where can I do so? (Without entering the tracking number every time?)
logging TB/coin is only possible while online logging inside locus "Log your visit" and if the TB/coin is in your inventory you do not have to enter trackingnumber once more.
QuoteIs there a setting anywhere for autovisit?
no
Quote- often I have a "foreign" TB with me in my inventory. Is there an easy way to log a visit too?
yes, see first answer
Quote- How can I upload a photo to this "foreign" TB-Log?
as i know this is not possible inside locus
Quote- after a cache tour I want to check my fieldnotes ... and maybe correct and upload them. Where can I find a list of my fieldnotes?
you can correct and upload each cache one by one inside locus,
or you use addon
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.yard.android.locus.addon.fieldnotes&hl=en
here you can log online all at once :D and with additional options PRO version of this app ;)
QuoteAfter a cache day I want to see all my "touched" caches. Is there a list of recently watched caches?
no

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi jonny.blue,
Hi balloni55,

Quotelogging TB/coin is only possible while online logging inside locus "Log your visit" and if the TB/coin is in your inventory you do not have to enter trackingnumber once more.

Maybe you can give a "+1" to this idea or this idea in order to support these ideas.

c.s.g.
  •  

jonny.blue

Hi balloni55, c.s.g,
thanks for your answer ... :)

Now I found the way how to log a TB ...   ::)

But today I was caching in a rooming zone (without internet connection) - and I decided to use Locus for caching because of the ability to load spoiler pictures with the offlinizer 8) - and yes, there was no chance to log online, therefore I couldn't find the option.  :(
Maybe the TB-logging could be improved ...  ::)
- Log TB's offline
- upload pictures to a TB-Log
- mark TBs to be logged automaticly with every found log
- log TB's without a cache log ....

Just some ideas ( I'm used to with my actual caching app CacheSense)

Thanks
  •