Locus Store

Started by jusc, March 06, 2015, 16:43:34

john_percy

Quote from: gynta on March 22, 2015, 20:36:21
...back to IGN maps:
This information confused me a little bit:

I read "...IS charged.."
Well, fine! So why I should go to store now?
because Locus say map is allready charged.
Where is my mistake?

(I know how it works - it was only this information that confuse me)
Gynta has asked for my comments as I am English, and my native language is English.

I think it should say either (a) "xxx will be charged" or (b) "xxx is chargeable"

Option (b) is probably marginally better English but (a) is clearer in meaning and perfectly OK English.

"Xxx is charged" creates problems over the tense, as pointed out in the thread -- it could mean "xxx has been charged already"
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

gynta

Quote from: john_percy on April 03, 2015, 17:50:08
I think it should say either (a) "xxx will be charged" or (b) "xxx is chargeable"
@Michal - Thank you for changing in last rc version

@Menion
about "check for updates"
Look at my huge map list.
95% of this maps I no longer own (and want use) and so i don't want to see these in list!
possible ?

Menion

Hi gynta, whole list is for that reason divided into part "downloaded" and "not downloaded".

What you want is complete remove of certain items from this list, right? Hmm interesting idea, anyway not possible for now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 16, 2015, 08:54:59What you want is complete remove of certain items from this list, right?
ahh...  yes
QuoteHmm interesting idea,
i know...  ;D
Quoteanyway not possible for now.
$#* happens  ;)

gynta

Miss "No" or "Cancel"

Menion

Hmm and do you feel it is really necessary here? It is just a final confirmation. All visible information are known to you so there is no reason to cancel now. Even here you still have two ways to cancel - tap outside and tap on "back" button. Which is enough I believe.

As I'm checking guidelines from Google, they everywhere has cancel/ok buttons. Damn .. :)

http://www.google.com/design/spec/components/dialogs.html#
  •  

gynta

What means "Dispaly"?

I expected, the map will be displayed. but... nada :)

@Jürgen
[GER] Ich hab wieder einmal einen thread von Dir vergewaltigt und ihn als allg. Anlaufstelle für "Locus Store" hergenommen und oben fixiert. Du hast aber auch immer gute Anfänge - Danke :)

gynta

missing flags.
eg

but..
...the islands are a part of spain - so it should be inside spain folder - isn't it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_Islands

gynta

In the context of http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4461.msg37026#msg37026 a further behavior:
I have to select map twice in map manager - see. clip...

prawns

I think that reads badly (native english speaker here also)

It makes it sound like you can "re-charge" maps - and they dont need recharging as they are a one off purchase. That wording would work if a dollar amount preceeded it eg "$5 will be charged" but thats not included information so it makes barely any sense.

Better to say "This map is not free, Would you like to purchase it?" with the buttons for the locus store or to cancel out. That reads properly and is not ambiguous and keeps it simple and isnt confusing

gynta

What's the plan about this?

' think you will not find flags for all folders and so it's better to be clean instead of a mix.

Christian

Only a hint because of the new tab "offline maps":
Store / description of a map
QuoteAfter purchase of vector maps, follow please these instructions:
1.open Menu - Maps - Vector tab
2.select vector map...
  •  

gynta

The old Locus Quiz continues..

Question 1:
2 screenshots - same map version?

Answer:
(A) yes
(B) No

Question 2:
Why Locus isn't able to give clear information to compare map versions?
(A) who cares, use update tool in the store 
(B) it's funny to confuse user

PS:  ;)

gynta

IGN france maps

After signed in, for free trial subscription, i can use this map only on one device??
because Locus told me again to enter the Locus store...
(same google account - but different devices)

Menion

Hmm so much useful feedbacks, thanks!

So ..

@gynta: "Display" button. Hmm, it's purpose is to learn users, that maps are enabled/changes in Map manager and not in Store. This is reason, why "display" display Map manager and you have to manually enable this map. Next time you should know, that is easier to go directly to Map Manager and not Store. Bad idea?

Hmm and issue with double select ... after first tap, you see a Map Manager and on first sight it is not clear "what happen, where is a map". So it looks like it is more confusing then direct display of this map. Thanks, I'll try to fix "double select" and think once more, more precisely, about "Display button".

Flags for continents ... right, I'll try to improve as I already have an idea in head

@Christian: thanks, with next update of vector maps, this will be fixed

@gynta: problem with sizes ... hmm difference is because of POI database, damn ...

And problem with IGN ... there is a small issue, that Locus needs your profile downloaded from our web store. I'm sure then when you open Store and then return back and select IGN once more, it will work. I'm aware of this issue, but it just need a few more changes to make this work without need to open Store.
  •