Map recording stuck

Started by Applepips, June 03, 2011, 18:07:37

Applepips

I used both Google my tracks and Locus to record a track the other day. Locus will not let me save the track, and will not get rid of it either. If I now try to record a new track it just adds it on to the old one and will not save it. It always says 'Unknown problem with track saving'. It also will not let me look at details of geocaches I have saved either. I cannot use it at the moment.  I have tried uninstalling Locus and restarting my phone, then reinstalling it, but Locus still thinks it is recording the old track.  Please could someone help. :roll:
  •  

Menion

ah, this is maybe third case of similar problem. Looks I'll have to do some protection or better mechanism on this. So, there is probably problem with database that store tracks. So please, try to delete file "Locus/data/dbtrack.sqll". this should help. This will not remove your actual recorded track (to clean this, just remove Locus/cache directory) but will "fix" problem in your track database. You'll unfortunately lost all recorded tracks ... let me know it this helps!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Applepips

Thank you for your quick reply.  Yes that has solved the recording problem. Thanks very much.
 My other problem is that I used to be able to click on the symbol of geocache files that I transferred into Locus while on a map, but now when I click on their icon in the map, it just gives the address there, but not the ability to open the info and compass on the geocache.  If I go to 'points' and click on the geocache there, then it gives me all the info, so it is there somewhere. Sorry to be a pain! I love Locus usually - it is by far my most used app on my phone.
  •  

Menion

so first problem solved.

second ... pain? Don't be crazy. I'll glad to help. Looks like problem with touching on map. When you really quickly touch screen, you still see address dialog? You may also try to place center red cross over point. Did this highlight to you? Weird. On your phone, all should works fine ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Applepips

I just wasn't touching the screen fast enough. I have obviously lost touch because it worked fine before, and is working well now. Thanks for the help, everything is working brilliantly again now.
  •