Mapsforge 0.5

Started by fzk, December 05, 2014, 13:48:26

Tobias

Quote from: menion on February 21, 2015, 15:55:45
I was worried you'll need this :) ... hmm it will be task on a longer nights.
I am worried to hear this ;-)
But it's really additional value to have this, I got really good feedback from users from the first previews for having the option to (de)activate different parts of the map (symbols, routes, captions etc.).
Best regards,
Tobias
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Oliver Naumann

This sounds like Exciting News! Really looking forward to seeing these improvements and new features of Tobias new Map Themes in Locus. Is there a feature request in helpdesk I can upvote?

thanks!
  •  

jajaballard

Yes, since I heavily use the OpenAndroMaps with the elevate themes, I would support getting the new Mapsforge features implemented in Lucus. Which is btw. the best navi app for my MTB-tours :-)
  •  

Menion

Unfortunately guys, we do not consider this as most important feature now, and because of lack of time, do not expect this task implemented within a next weeks, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: jajaballard on April 07, 2015, 09:01:03
Yes, since I heavily use the OpenAndroMaps with the elevate themes, I would support getting the new Mapsforge features implemented in Lucus. Which is btw. the best navi app for my MTB-tours :-)
Locus, of course  ;D, but you should choose a bicycle theme.
To use only one theme for all (city/hike/cycle) and to have
Quotethe option to (de)activate different parts of the map (symbols, routes, captions etc.).
you can use Cruiser Beta app and Atlas (for Windows development) both developed by Emux or Oruxmap latest beta.
I my eyes these are good for theme developers, because you can combine all features together in one theme.
I don´t know if users really change or (de)activate often symbols or captions.
Changing the whole theme with Locus is not much more work for users.  ;)

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Do you know about feature that we use for our own internal themes?

It's not publicly promoted, but it should work quite well. Hard to say if UI will work as expected, but this should be easy to improve when will be interest. Check fresh uploaded themes for Locus: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:map_tools:vector_maps_content&#internal_themes (download is at bottom)

There is extra parameter "style" at every rule, where you may define in which style this rule is used (no style parameter = always used). Like:

<rule e="node" k="highway" v="motorway_junction" style="car|foot" >

After you tap on theme with more then one style, Locus should offer which style you wants to use.
  •  

jusc

@menion,
thanks for this hint,
1. but how can I switch from p. e. cycle to hike? There is only one xml file?
I loaded the complete theme as an external theme (only renamed it to "Internal"), but tapping on it doesn´t offer any style (cyty, hike or...). For me it looks only as one theme.

2. tag-mapping.zip wasn´t found at your shared link.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

1. hmm it should :). So it looks I offer feature that do not work :). Sorry, I'll fix ...

2. "not found", thanks, Peter is going to fix it now
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: jusc on April 07, 2015, 10:16:17
I don´t know if users really change or (de)activate often symbols or captions.

Me neither, but I had often requests that those symbols/captions are more important than others and vice versa, so now one can choose which to show (it helps a lot with symbol/caption elimination, too). I usually assume that people know better than me what they want so having the option to get closer to it isn't hurting.
Probably most of the time users set their overlays only once, but there are other cases:
I sometimes use the routes in the maps for hiking/cycling and now can switch on strong overlays for those, and sometimes I don't and can deactivate routes altogether. Or I usually don't need to see hospitals in a city map, but in emergency I only want to see those (OK, there are other solutions for that in Locus now).

Quote from: jusc on April 07, 2015, 10:16:17
Changing the whole theme with Locus is not much more work for users.  ;)
Depends on the user ;-)

Best regards,
Tobias
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

john_percy

The attached theme demonstrates the style feature in the new beta version. Download and copy to your Locus MapsVector folder, then select the Voluntary UK beta theme. You are then presented with a choice between Hiking, Cycle or Road.
The variations are currently limited to switching on or off display of hiking or cycling routes. They work both with maps from OpenAndroMaps and Locus Store with some added functionality with OpenAndoMaps maps.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on April 07, 2015, 13:32:21
1. hmm it should :). So it looks I offer feature that do not work :). Sorry, I'll fix ...

Works now, thank you.
But one question, if I want to change the theme with "quick settings", all actually used themes are marked with red color., except your example theme if it is in use.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Good point, thanks.

Small bonus to next version, John, try to add following files to your directory, so it should look like this:

;)
  •  

john_percy

Presumably only partially implemented at present? I can get an image for the overall theme, but not for the styles.

•  

Menion

Quote from: menion on April 17, 2015, 12:26:36
small bonus to next version

jop. Image for theme itself is in Locus for very very long time. Icon for this sub-theme will work in next version
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on April 17, 2015, 00:39:34

Icons for theme and styles now appear (good), current theme is now coloured red (good). How about colouring current style red as well, please?

Illustration is from Voluntary UK theme, see http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=2915.msg19296#msg19296
  •