Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

Martin Sloup

Yes, as Menion said. It's bug (feature) in Locus Map. I got more than 10 e-mails from users who are complaining about the same. By the way there is workaround in adding Nearest caches icon to map screen panel. It's described here in a manual: http://www.geocaching4locus.eu/manual/other#toc-how-to-add-add-on-functions-to-locus-map-panels
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Mek

After updating both Locus and G4L addon last week, I noticed that after opening a geocache I get a toast notification "Problem with internet connection!" and it repeats quite a few times, randomly disappears and so on...
This happened while geocaching in Austria - with GPS and track recording on, all the caches were imported from a GPX file created in GSAK. The "old" caches I already had in locus database, which I downloaded via G4L, do not exhibit this behavior. But I cannot reproduce it now, I also already deleted all the Austrian caches yesterday. Any idea why there is this toast notification after opening a cache? (note: I have Locus set to open the cache immediately and not show the intermediate little info box about cache).
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

CaptKaos2

Mek
I had this problem, found that the Preference/ Downloading - Basic info only setting  radio button had been checked. Unchecked it and the problem went away.

CK
  •  

Mek

Thanks - I forgot to mention that I had this checkbox unchecked (well, it was the first thing I looked for to resolve this issue - to look in the settings).
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

balloni55

Quotehi balloni, I think this is a problem in Locus not in add-on. During next few days will be out an new BETA version, so give me please a feedback if issue will or won't be fixed, thanks.

sorry, with V 3.7.1.2 issue is not fixed :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

oki, then please write me what should I do to simulate this issue, because from what I understand, I found probably a different problem :). Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

see video:
coords from (last)satfix are N48°57 / E8°56
now i move map to N49°08 / E8°53
start GC4L and disable sat search
furthermore coords from satfix are used and it´s only possible to change coords by hand.
I expect automatic changed coords if map is moved, or a button "use mapcenter"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hmm, Arcao? ...

I'm really trying to find an issue on Locus side, but still no success.

My steps - start Locus, add to functions panel G4L icon (internal included in Locus or external from "list of installed apps").

Then tap on this icon opens G4L dashboard.

Intent Locus currently sends is:

print(Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x4000000 cmp=com.arcao.geocaching4locus/.DashboardActivity (has extras) }), action:android.intent.action.MAIN, extraAction:null
extra - key:INTENT_EXTRA_PACKAGE_NAME, obj:menion.android.locus
extra - key:INTENT_EXTRA_LOCATION_MAP_CENTER, obj:[B@3ae312e9

Where in key: INTENT_EXTRA_LOCATION_MAP_CENTER is included map center. If there will be also a key INTENT_EXTRA_LOCATION_GPS, this is a current known GPS.

You do not see these keys in intent when you receive request from latest Locus version? May you check latest 3.7.1.2 Beta version? Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Diddi

Quote from: Mek on March 25, 2015, 20:53:32
After updating both Locus and G4L addon last week, I noticed that after opening a geocache I get a toast notification "Problem with internet connection!" and it repeats quite a few times, randomly disappears and so on...
This happened while geocaching in Austria - with GPS and track recording on, all the caches were imported from a GPX file created in GSAK. The "old" caches I already had in locus database, which I downloaded via G4L, do not exhibit this behavior. But I cannot reproduce it now, I also already deleted all the Austrian caches yesterday. Any idea why there is this toast notification after opening a cache? (note: I have Locus set to open the cache immediately and not show the intermediate little info box about cache).

I'm  getting sometimes the same error, when updating all POIs of a database. But curiously every time AFTER all POIs have been updated!

"Load only basic informations" is unchecked...
  •  

Mek

Quote from: balloni55 on March 27, 2015, 09:12:07
see video:
coords from (last)satfix are N48°57 / E8°56
now i move map to N49°08 / E8°53
start GC4L and disable sat search
furthermore coords from satfix are used and it´s only possible to change coords by hand.
I expect automatic changed coords if map is moved, or a button "use mapcenter"
Yes, this is really tiresome and it worked in previous versions. Can you please fix this issue?
  •  

Martin Sloup

About a map center issue, I published fixed add-on version 2.0.2 to Google Play. It should be available for 2 hours.
  •  

JoxM

Sorry, but is it possible to get the old version (1.x) back? That one was perfect!
This GPS search while trying to download caches in an area is not useful.
F.e. I'm at home, are going on a trip 100km away and just want to download the next 200 caches of this area (that's what I use this app for). I don't need the GPS search of my actual position, all I want is that the app starts searching right there where the center of locus is...
Like it was before.
  •  

Martin Sloup

•  

JoxM

Yes, but I see no difference...
Same behavior.
I tap on next (Nächste in german version), GPS search starts automatically (without success because I'm inside a building). I cancel the search and the coordinates of my actual (or near) position appear in the top line, while the center of locus is 30km away...
Version 2.0.2...
  •  

balloni55

You have to use also locus Beta V 3.7.1.3 or wait for puplish of next official locus version
there it work as expected :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •