[Q] double-digit numbers in distance possible?

Started by Christian, February 25, 2015, 20:10:11

Christian

Hi guys,
when i create a route by 'add / measure route' there is a number in the left upper corner displaying the distance of the created track like 8,3 (km). In track screen in statistics also. Is there any possibility to blow this up to double-digits after point like 8,36 ???

Christian
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm make knowledge of +- 50 metres really any difference? :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Long discussion in our team due to such tiny feature. I was completely against it, anyway result was 2 for this improvement, one again and one don't know :). So in next version will be distances more precise for one extra decimal number.
  •  

Christian

This tiny feature avoids using 3th party software for planing and evaluating running distances more accurately :)
Thanx jusc for support and menion for implementing this - even against his own opinion. Great!
  •  

jusc

@Christian,
it´s what I really think. Locus is my offroad "navi" app for hiking and biking. Sometimes in the forests it could be a bit more precise.
@menion,
thank you for implementing.  ;D
Regards J.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on February 26, 2015, 18:46:57
Long discussion in our team due to such tiny feature. I was completely against it, anyway result was 2 for this improvement, one again and one don't know :). So in next version will be distances more precise for one extra decimal number.

One of the nice examples, where discussions take longer than actually doing ... :-)
Again, I like the outcome and the spirit.
  •  

UKlocusfan

Quote from: menion on February 26, 2015, 18:46:57

Yaaaaaaaaaay!
I'd love this!!!!
When tracking a walk and getting back to the car at the end only to see Locus says 9.9miles, its really frustrating as I'd prefer to know the extra decimal so I know if I have to walk more or less than an additional tenth of a mile.
Really hoping this does happen as its top of me list for improvements to this amazing app.
Thank you Menion.
  •  

Menion

•  

Christian

Thank you for implementing the additional number :)
  •